Ok, here is another challenge that I have signed up for. My reading tastes have changed in the past year and I found myself reading more and more YA novels. It first began as a project to screen books for my godchild, but now I truly adore them. I have a huge pile already in front of me ready to go and I hope that I am able to complete the task at hand. I don't believe that it will be a difficult challenge for me.
Guidelines for 2009 Young Adult Book Challenge
1. Anyone can join. You don't need a blog to participate.
2. Read 12 Young Adult novels. No need to list your books in advance. You may select books as you go. Even if you list them now, you can change the list if needed.
3. Challenge begins January thru December, 2009.
4. You can join anytime between now and December 31, 2009.
You can sign up at J. Kaye’s Book Blog here or click on the logo. Cheers!
Here is my list, in no particular order:
1. You Are So Undead To Me by Stacey Jay 1/20/09
2. If I Stay by Gayle Forman
3. Just One Wish by Janette Rallison
4. Wintergirls by Laurie halse Anderson
5. A King's Rose by Alisa M. Libby
6. The Amaranth Enchantment by Julie Berry
7. Fragile Eternity by Melissa Marr 2/01/09
8. City of Glass by Cassandra Clare 1/26/09
9. The Awakening by Kelley Armstrong
10.Bones of Faerie by Janni Lee Simner
11.Lament by Maggie Stiefvater
12.Intertwined by Gena Showalter
13.My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent
14. Rampant by Diana Peterfreund
15.Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
16.Evermore by Alyson Noel 2/2/2009
17.The Season by Sarah MacLean 2/16/09
18.Wings by Aprilynne Pike 3/1/09
This list is 90% solid, but some may change due to all the amazing YA books that are coming out this year.