In My Mailbox (4)

In My Mailbox lets you peek into the contents of my mailbox on a weekly basis. I am listing all the lovely books that I have aquired this week. If you would like to participate and have your own “In My Mailbox” post, you can find more information here on the Story Siren's blog.

My week was good I just hope that I am able to read all of them soon.
The Season by Sarah MacLean (ARC) contest win
Alexandra Stafford and her two closest friends, Vivi and Ella, weren't much looking forward to the London Season of 1815...but, between dress fittings, glittering balls, a murder that only they can solve, and the little fact that Alex's heart is very much in danger of being stolen...this is one season that is shaping up to be unforgettable!
I would like to thank Sarah MacLean for hosting this contest and for being so generous, she also sent me a beautiful postcard personally signed.
Pre-order the Season now!

FADE by Lisa McMann (ARC)
For Janie and Cabel, real life is getting tougher than the dreams. They're just trying to carve out a little (secret) time together, but no such luck. Disturbing things are happening at Fieldridge High, yet nobody's talking. When Janie taps into a classmate's violent nightmares, the case finally breaks open--but nothing goes as planned. Not even close. Janie's in way over her head, and Cabe's shocking behavior has grave consequences for them both.

Worse yet, Janie learns the truth about herself and her ability. And it's bleak. Seriously, brutally bleak. Not only is her fate as a Dream Catcher sealed, but what's to come is way darker than she'd even feared...
A Map of the Known World by Lisa Ann Sandell (ARC)
Cora Bradley dreams of escape. Ever since her reckless older brother, Nate, died in a car crash, Cora has felt suffocated by her small town and high school. She seeks solace in drawing beautiful maps, envisioning herself in exotic locales. When Cora begins to fall for Damian, the handsome, brooding boy who was in the car with Nate the night he died, she uncovers her brother's secret artistic life and realizes she had more in common with him than she ever imagined. With stunning lyricism, Sandell weaves a tale of one girl's journey through the redemptive powers of art, friendship, and love.
They say no land remains to be discovered, no continent is left unexplored. But the whole world is out there, waiting, just waiting for me. I want to do things-I want to walk the rain-soaked streets of London, and drink mint tea in Casablanca. I want to wander the wastelands of the Gobi desert and see a yak. I think my life's ambition is to see a yak. I want to bargain for trinkets in an Arab market in some distant, dusty land. There's so much. But, most of all, I want to do things that will mean something.
-- From A MAP OF THE KNOWN WORLD.
And how was your week?

15 comments on "In My Mailbox (4)"

Adele wrote: January 25, 2009 at 1:10 AM

Map of the Known World and The Season sound like books I would be into. I am a sucker for the romance. I will add you to my links, happy reading. I am very jealous you have got your hands on City of Glass <<<<

sharonanne wrote: January 25, 2009 at 6:28 AM

omg Fade! Awesome!

The Ravenous Reader wrote: January 25, 2009 at 8:58 AM

Adele, City of Glass is awesome. I had an ARC trade with someone and it was an amazing deal. I am "in love" with COG, it is the best book of the series, it is surpasing my every expecation. You will adore it.

The Story Siren wrote: January 25, 2009 at 9:21 AM

i totally agreeing with sharon! omg FADE!

Bookworm wrote: January 25, 2009 at 9:37 AM

You're so lucky you got The Season, it looks amazing!

Shooting Stars Mag wrote: January 25, 2009 at 10:53 AM

A Map of the Known World sounds amazing. I've seen it around a few blogs lately.

and OMG, you got FADE??? HOW??? so jealous!

-Lauren

The Ravenous Reader wrote: January 25, 2009 at 10:57 AM

I found that people that have arc's like to trade. I have traded a few times and it seems to work well.

karinlibrarian wrote: January 25, 2009 at 1:20 PM

I loved FADE. I hope you like it too. I love this trading thing too.

TheBookworm wrote: January 25, 2009 at 4:13 PM

The cover of The Season is so simple and elegant. Fade's cover is so eerie and stricking. Both sound great! :)

prophecygirl wrote: January 25, 2009 at 4:33 PM

Oh wow, you got Fade! *jealous* I can't wait to read it... I look forward to your review!

Liv (Alivia) wrote: January 25, 2009 at 5:55 PM

You got The Season?? It looks amazing. :) I'm jealous x10.

Shalonda wrote: January 25, 2009 at 6:12 PM

Oh my goodness, you have no idea how jealous I am of you right now! I want all 3 of these so bad!!!

Sarah MacLean wrote: January 25, 2009 at 7:00 PM

So happy to hear that you received the ARC...can't wait to hear what you think! And...what you think of MAP OF THE KNOWN WORLD...which I LOVED!

The Ravenous Reader wrote: January 25, 2009 at 7:15 PM

Thank you, Sarah. I cannot wait to read it. I am finshing up on another book and will read yours next and you will inform you of my review :)

Christine wrote: January 29, 2009 at 10:03 AM

Whoa! What an awesome haul of ARCs! Good for you!

Looking forward to your thoughts on all of these selections....