In My Mailbox (5)

In My Mailbox lets you peek into the contents of my mailbox on a weekly basis. I am listing all the lovely books that I have aquired this week. If you would like to participate and have your own “In My Mailbox” post, you can find more information here on the Story Siren's blog.
My week was great I just hope that I am able to read all of them soon.

The Dust of 100 Dogs by A.S. King

In the late seventeenth century, famed teenage pirate Emer Morrisey was on the cusp of escaping the pirate life with her one true love and unfathomable riches when she was slain and cursed with "the dust of one hundred dogs," dooming her to one hundred lives as a dog before returning to a human body-with her memories intact.

Now she's a contemporary American teenager and all she needs is a shovel and a ride to Jamaica.

City of Glass By Cassandra Clare (ARC)

To save her mother's life, Clary must travel to the City of Glass, the ancestral home of the Shadowhunters -- never mind that enter-ing the city without permission is against the Law, and breaking the Law could mean death. To make things worse, she learns that Jace does not want her there, and Simon has been thrown in prison by the Shadowhunters, who are deeply suspicious of a vampire who can withstand sunlight.

As Clary uncovers more about her family's past, she finds an ally in mysterious Shadow-hunter Sebastian. With Valentine mustering the full force of his power to destroy all Shadow-hunters forever, their only chance to defeat him is to fight alongside their eternal enemies. But can Downworlders and Shadowhunters put aside their hatred to work together? While Jace realizes exactly how much he's willing to risk for Clary, can she harness her newfound powers to help save the Glass City -- whatever the cost?

Love is a mortal sin and the secrets of the past prove deadly as Clary and Jace face down Valentine in the final installment of the New York Times bestselling trilogy The Mortal Instruments.

This ARC trade was made possible by Karin's Book Nook. Thank you, a million times thank you!!

Hot Mess: Summer in the City by Julie Kraut & Shallon Lester (ARC)

EMMA FREEMAN IS waving buh-bye to her standard summer of stationwagoning around the suburbs. This summer she’s heading to the big city. Emma’s totally prepped for days at a fabulous internship and nights of socialite-ing around town. But when you’re 17 and not an heiress, reality is far from pink fizzy drinks and red velvet ropes. As the summer heats up, Emma learns that glamour is hard to come by when your only friend is too boy-crazy to hang, your budget is more H&M than D&G, and you spend 8 hours a day working for a man who proves that the devil wears Dockers too. Add one little white lie told to one very hot coworker and a roommate who makes Paris Hilton look junior varsity, and this summer in the city is starting to turn into one hot mess.

I have to thank Claire at Bookworm Readers blog for this contest win. Thank you!!

Bones of Faerie by Janni Lee Simner

The war between humanity and Faerie devastated both sides. Or so fifteen-year-old Liza has been told. Nothing has been seen or heard from Faerie since, and Liza's world bears the scars of its encounter with magic. Corn resists being harvested; dandelions have thorns. Trees move with sinister intention, and the town Liza calls home is surrounded by a forest that threatens to harm all those who wander into it. Still Liza feels safe. Her father is strong and has protected their town by laying down strict rules. Among them: Any trace of magic must be destroyed, no matter where it is found.

Then Liza's sister is born with faerie-pale hair, clear as glass, and Liza's father leaves the baby on a hillside to die. When her mother disappears into the forest and Liza herself discovers she has the faerie ability to see --into the past, into the future--she has no choice but to flee. Liza's quest will take her into Faerie and back again, and what she finds along the way may be the key to healing both worlds.

Fragile Eternity by Melissa Marr (ARC)

Seth never expected he would want to settle down with anyone—but that was before Aislinn. She is everything he'd ever dreamed of, and he wants to be with her forever. Forever takes on new meaning, though, when your girlfriend is an immortal faery queen.

Aislinn never expected to rule the very creatures who'd always terrified her—but that was before Keenan. He stole her mortality to make her a monarch, and now she faces challenges and enticements beyond any she'd ever imagined.

In Melissa Marr's third mesmerizing tale of Faerie, Seth and Aislinn struggle to stay true to themselves and each other in a milieu of shadowy rules and shifting allegiances, where old friends become new enemies and one wrong move could plunge the Earth into chaos.

This ARC trade was made possible by Karin's Book Nook. Thank you, Thank you!!

This week was amazing for me, much awaited novels came into my possession due to finding someone that wanted to trade ARC's and I am so very grateful. :)

18 comments on "In My Mailbox (5)"

Adele wrote: February 1, 2009 at 12:05 AM

Oh my, the Bones of Faerie cover is divine.

Adele wrote: February 1, 2009 at 1:15 AM

Hey, I have actually reviewed If I Stay already - http://persnicketysnark.blogspot.com/2009/01/if-i-stay-gayle-forman.html

The Ravenous Reader wrote: February 1, 2009 at 1:36 AM

yeay, I will have to check it out. Thanx :)

karinlibrarian wrote: February 1, 2009 at 4:43 AM

SO totally jealous. I want Dust of 100 Dogs and Bones of Faerie.

sharonanne wrote: February 1, 2009 at 6:37 AM

Karin is pretty awesome!

KB wrote: February 1, 2009 at 6:50 AM

You are so lucky! I've been crying for a copies of Fragile Eternity and City of Glass. While I want Fragile Eternity for myself, the kids at school like Cassandra Clare.

The Ravenous Reader wrote: February 1, 2009 at 7:50 AM

I could not find Dust of a 100 dogs ANYWHERE. I had to have the bookstore order it for me. I cannot wait to dig into it :)

TheBookworm wrote: February 1, 2009 at 8:00 AM

All of those books have very stricking covers. I have got to say that publishers are really starting to get some great book covers. (Not like the 80s...) :D

Carrie wrote: February 1, 2009 at 8:13 AM

I picked up THe Dust of 100 Dogs this week as well. I'm starting it today.

The Story Siren wrote: February 1, 2009 at 9:09 AM

CITY OF GLASS!! so jealous! I loved The Dust of 100 Dogs!

Bookworm wrote: February 1, 2009 at 9:21 AM

Yay! I'm glad Hot Mess arrived! Can't wait to read Dust of 100 Dogs!

The Ravenous Reader wrote: February 1, 2009 at 10:00 AM

Yes it arrived on Wednesday and my roommate promptly took it from me. LOL! She is miffed that I am reading Fragile Eternity at the moment.

Purdypirate wrote: February 1, 2009 at 10:50 AM

Oh man I've been entering all the contests I can to get a Fragile Eternity ARC. I hate waiting man. D100D sounds really good too I'll have to check it out.

Shooting Stars Mag wrote: February 1, 2009 at 11:49 AM

Awesome week. I need to go and get The Dust of 100 Dogs as well. I know it's at the Borders near me, so yay for that. I might hit it up on Tuesday or something. :)

-Lauren

prophecygirl wrote: February 1, 2009 at 2:15 PM

Woah, FE *and* COG?! Best week ever!

The Ravenous Reader wrote: February 1, 2009 at 2:20 PM

I know, I am truly blessed :)

Diana Dang wrote: February 1, 2009 at 2:29 PM

Lucky! You got The Dust of 100 Dogs!

The Ravenous Reader wrote: February 1, 2009 at 2:34 PM

I had to order it, because no one had it. None of the book stores around (40 mile radius) had it. It had to be specially ordered and then I waited 5 days for it. Yet, I am very happy to have it in my possession. It is truly a treasure