Waiting on Wednesday....

Jill over at Breaking the Spine started this and I believe that it's awesome" This blog post is to alert those that visit about "the" book that we cannot wait to come out, and get into our hands. I have decided to participate because I have a list that can go on forever and ever and it is interesting to see what else others are "waiting" for.

My choice for this week is Hunted. Oh My Goodness, what an amazing series. I have had these books for a few years and would just purchase them and have them on my book shelf. They would call out to me...please read me...read me now!! Well I finally broke down and read the entire series in the last few days and I am now hooked. I cannot wait to read more adventures with Zoey and her friends from the House of Night. Luckily I will not have to wait long for the next installment in this series. It will be available March 10, 2009.
HUNTED: A House of Night Novel
P.C. and Kristin Cast

What if the hottest guy in the world was hiding a nameless evil, and all he wanted was you?

At the start of this heart-pounding new installment of the bestselling House of Night series, Zoey’s friends have her back again and Stevie Rae and the red fledglings aren’t Neferet’s secrets any longer. But an unexpected danger has emerged. Neferet guards her powerful new consort, Kalona, and no one at the House of Night seems to understand the threat he poses. Kalona looks gorgeous, and he has the House of Night under his spell. A past life holds the key to breaking his rapidly spreading influence, but what if this past life shows Zoey secrets she doesn’t want to hear and truths she can’t face?

On the run and holed up in Tulsa’s Prohibition-era tunnels, Zoey and her gang must discover a way to deal with something that might bring them all down. Meanwhile, Zoey has a few other little problems. The red fledglings have cleaned up well – they’ve even managed to make the dark, creepy tunnels feel more like home – but are they really as friendly as they seem? On the boyfriend front, Zoey has a chance to make things right with super-hot ex-, Eric, but she can’t stop thinking about Stark, the archer who died in her arms after one unforgettable night, and she is driven to try to save him from Neferet’s sinister influence at all costs. Will anyone believe the power evil has to hide among us?

Check out the new cover for HUNTED (March '09). Inside this lovely hardcover you will find an exclusive poster of Zoey. Yes...it is going to be in hardcover now. It was confirmed on PC's Blog that there are to be 3 more books in this series. YEAY!!
SQUEE!! I cannot wait to read this. So, what is your "Waiting on Wednesday" pick?

10 comments on "Waiting on Wednesday...."

purdypirate wrote: January 28, 2009 at 12:57 PM

I tried reading this series once. I actualy live in Tulsa, Oklahoma and thought it'd be cool and all to read a book set where I live, but the first few chapters bored me. Does it get better? A lot of people apparently like the series....

The Ravenous Reader wrote: January 28, 2009 at 2:54 PM

Yes, It does get better. I admit that at first I was not crazy about it, but half way thru I was hooked. Give it another try and then let me know what you think?

purdypirate wrote: January 28, 2009 at 4:09 PM

I do believe I will try it again. Although it may take a while, I'll have to re-order it from the library. But yeah, I'll get back to you. :)

The Ravenous Reader wrote: January 28, 2009 at 4:26 PM

Yeay!! I have lent my books out a few times already and those that have borrowed them, have enjoyed them. I can't wait to see what you think of it the second time around.

purdypirate wrote: January 28, 2009 at 7:13 PM

:) We'll see.

Christine wrote: January 29, 2009 at 10:08 AM

"Waiting on Wednesday" is a great column idea. That graphic is hilarious, too. The funny thing is, the number of books on my TBR pile is well into the three digit figures, but I STILL wait on new releases like there's nothing else to read! LOL!

Anyway, I love the cover artwork on this series. I actually have the first four books in this series and still haven't read them. <--This statement is like my personal slogan. *sigh*

karinlibrarian wrote: January 29, 2009 at 3:35 PM

I really enjoy this series. I felt that UNTAMED was the best so far. I absolutely can't wait for HUNTED to come out. I liked MARKED, but BETRAYED took me a while to get into, but I agree that the series gets better as it goes on.

The Ravenous Reader wrote: January 29, 2009 at 3:58 PM

I just finished untamed. I listened to the series on my ipod and liked the series better as each book was finished. Yes, UNTAMED was the best of the novels so far. MARKED was good enought to grab my attention and hold it, BETRAYED was ok, but I had my issues with it and CURSED was pretty darn good. I just got a little snippet of the first chapter HUNTED from the publishers in my email and I was left....wanting for more. Ebil how they can hook me that way.

Lenore wrote: January 30, 2009 at 8:01 AM

I love your WoW graphic - did you do that?

The Ravenous Reader wrote: January 30, 2009 at 8:49 AM

Hiya Lenore,
Yes I made my WOW...I love to play with my photoshop :)