UNDEAD Love <3

Ok, let it be known that I am NOT a zombie lover. That sounds funky, but you get my meaning. I dislike all zombie movies, except Shaun of the Dead because it is just too funny. I hate the idea that an undead "thing" is somehow walking around at the speed of a turtle yet will always manage to get ahead of me and try to eat my brains...ewwww! After watching Night of the Living Dead, many moons ago I became terrified and could not sleep for days, thus scaring me for life. So, yeah I don't harbor any kind feelings for zombie anything. Well, at least I didn't until now. I am not saying that zombies have not been in books, they have. The Anita Blake series is a prime example, among others. Yet, last year and especially this year there seems to be many new books on the horizon with zombie, reanimated, unconcecrated, raised from the dead, undead creatures roaming the book isles.

These are the few that I have in my wish pile or have already read:

THE FOREST OF HANDS AND TEETH By Carrie Ryan 3/10/2009

YOU SO UNDEAD TO ME By Stacey Jay 1/22/09

GENERATION DEAD By Daniel Waters (available now)

KISS OF LIFE By Daniel Waters 5/12/2009

ZOMBIE QUEEN AT NEWBURY HIGH By Amanda Ashby 3/5/2009

HAPPY HOUR OF THE DAMNED By Mark Henry (available now)

ROAD TRIP OF THE LIVING DEAD By Mark Henry 2/24/2009

THE SUMMONING By Kelley Armstrong (available now)

THE AWAKENING By Kelley Armstrong 4/28/2009

ONCE DEAD TWICE SHY By Kim Harrison 5/26/2009

ZOMBIE BLONDES by Brian James(Available Now)

BREATHERS: A ZOMBIE'S LAMENT by S. G. Browne 3/3/2009

PRIDE AND PREJUDICE AND ZOMBIES by By Jane Austenand Seth Grahame-Smith 4/2009

That is my observation, lots of good books and the undead coming up from the ground to settle comfortably in your books. What is your opinion? and do you have any other books to add to my list? I would love to hear of what you think.

7 comments on "UNDEAD Love <3"

TruBlu93 wrote: January 18, 2009 at 8:42 PM

I have yet to read a zombie novel but a couple of those look pretty good.

Bookgeek wrote: January 19, 2009 at 12:22 AM

So, a whole lot for me to read in this, my zombie phase. However I didn't care for Zombie Blondes much and don't remember zombies in the Summoning. Just finished You are so undead to me, which was FUN, and enjoyed Once dead twice shy. So, Generation dead next I guess...

sharonanne wrote: January 19, 2009 at 8:43 AM

I am a huge fan of all things zombie. The Forest of Hands and Teeth was amazing. You are so undead to me was more fun than scary. I have yet to read generation dead but it is on the top of my wishlist

karinlibrarian wrote: January 19, 2009 at 9:14 AM

I also don't remember zombies in THE SUMMONING. I did like ZOMBIE BLONDES. I totally agree about YOU ARE SO UNDEAD TO ME. It was so much fun. It reminded me totally of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. GENERATION DEAD is such a unique concept. ZOMBIE QUEEN OF NEWBURY HIGH is good too and I can't wait to read THE FOREST OF HANDS AND TEETH. Thanks for the zombie post. It looks like zombies are going to be the new vampires. They're everywhere.

The Ravenous Reader wrote: January 19, 2009 at 9:40 AM

There are no zombies in The Summoning..but *spoiler alert*

there were creatures that are raised from the dead, considering Chloe's powers (necromancer) I think we are going to see more of the undead rising in the future as she gets more powerful.

Amanda Ashby wrote: January 19, 2009 at 3:25 PM

It's so weird how many zombie books have suddenly turned up. There definitely must've been something in the ether when we all started writing them! Anyway, another GREAT book is Breathers by SG Browne - I'm just reading the arc now and it's hilarious!!

The Ravenous Reader wrote: January 19, 2009 at 4:13 PM

Oh I am up for anything that has humor in it. I will have to add that to my list :)

P.S. I cannot wait to read your book :)