Ohh my, ohhh my...I have been waiting for this for a long while. It seems as if Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy series is getting a new look and the cover of Blood Promise is revealed.
The only issue I have is that now the series will be going hardcover. That totally bums me out and enrages me a bit, because that makes the books even more expensive and offsets my book collection.
Thanks to Vania at Reverie Media for giving me the heads up on this :)

21 comments on "Blood Promise by Richelle Mead and new book covers for the Vampire Academy series"

Katie wrote: March 19, 2009 at 1:42 PM

I can't wait for this book!! I'm so excited!

Reverie wrote: March 19, 2009 at 1:49 PM

OMG!!! see I told you!!!

Ravenous Reader wrote: March 19, 2009 at 2:23 PM

I know...thank ya Vania for spoting this out to me earlier today. I even had to sneak out at work and check it out. YES!!!

Amy wrote: March 19, 2009 at 2:24 PM

i like the new look, but sadly am no longer a fan of the series after shadow kiss. That book was a major bummer.
-amy

Ravenous Reader wrote: March 19, 2009 at 2:27 PM

Ohhh Amy, I know I cried but ole' bucket of tears with the last book, but only because of how amazing it was (and yeah the ending tore my heart out). I am sorry that you will not be reading anymore, hopefully you can reconsider. I am sure Richelle has something amazing in store for us.... :)

~THE OPTIMISTIC PESSIMIST ~ wrote: March 19, 2009 at 3:08 PM

Ohhhh I cried so hard, Amy I hope you dont give up on the series. I am sure that Richelle is going to get us all a great story in the next installment.
To me that would be like turning off Gone With the Wind before the end!!!

Katie wrote: March 19, 2009 at 3:12 PM

Amy, please don't give up! I think Richelle has great things in store for us in Blood Promise!!

Jessica Kennedy wrote: March 19, 2009 at 3:45 PM

The covers do look better. I hate it when they switch from Paper to hardcover!

Jen wrote: March 19, 2009 at 3:54 PM

I hate when a series can't either all be paperback or all be hardcover. The new one looks good. I dont like the new third cover though.

prophecygirl wrote: March 19, 2009 at 4:18 PM

I love the new covers, but now I'll have the old ones! Nooo! And I agree with you on the hardcover thing, it totally makes your series collection look weird. Grrr!

Ravenous Reader wrote: March 19, 2009 at 6:41 PM

Personally, I love a HB book. It keeps better and I can cover it with my bro dart covers that keep them all shiny and on my shelves in neet order. Besides my all the ones I have already are signed by Richelle...grrrr

karinlibrarian wrote: March 19, 2009 at 8:48 PM

Thanks for this wonderful information. I can't wait for BLOOD PROMISE. I guess this is what you get when a series gets really popular. They put it out in hardback. The covered didn't change that much. Only SHADOW KISS looks really different.

Reverie wrote: March 19, 2009 at 9:18 PM

I hear they will be in a box set too sometime this year. November I think. I think I'll just get that...

Bookgeek wrote: March 20, 2009 at 5:06 PM

And you'll be happy to know Richelle will be stopping at Kepler's on her book tour!

Ravenous Reader wrote: March 20, 2009 at 6:39 PM

WHAT!!!! OMG!!! R U SERIOUS...i have died and gone to heaven!!

Anonymous wrote: April 7, 2009 at 5:11 PM

I really love this vampire academy series. I never knew it existed until like last friday. I already read all three books and i'm sooo anxious for blood promise. I don't know what will happen i mean i do have my theories but hopefully Richelle will surprise me. Hey what other books do you guys recommend?

Anonymous wrote: April 11, 2009 at 2:18 AM

i love vampire academy serious.....
i have read all the first three books..
i WANNA KNOW WAT HAPPENS... in the fourth book.. i cannot wait till august .... i'd kill someone to knw wat happens in it ..

do rose and adrain have something???
IS dimtri really a strigoi??

i love it so much ..that i'll do anything to get it.. soon.. (soon i mean in a week or soo)

Anonymous wrote: April 24, 2009 at 6:01 AM

Geez, I feel like I have been waiting forever for this!! The ending to the last one, was sooo surprising and it killed me that Blood Promise wasn't and still isnt out yet!! D:
CANT WAIT (:

Anonymous wrote: May 7, 2009 at 1:30 PM

Amy,
please don't give up on the series. I cried to but I just know that Blood Promise will be better and mor exciting than the others and they were pretty exciting.
I know how all of you feel about Blood Promise going hardback I have all the other ones in paperback and now it will look all weird. I'll have to ge them all in hardback if they come that way in a set.
I CAN'T WAIT FOR BLOOD PROMISE!!!!

BookNerd Nation wrote: May 13, 2009 at 5:17 PM

I really hate that Blood Promise is going to go hardback, I just don't like it!! But while I am waiting for the book to come out I like to daydream about what will happen!! I was really shocked & a little disapointed when I finished Shadow Kiss b/c of Dimitri but now I have hope that Rose and Adrain will have some sort of relationship together in the near future.(Adrain, over time, grew on me so now I kind of like his character.) CAN'T WAIT!!

brandi wrote: August 20, 2009 at 3:55 AM

Omg!i can't wait!i hope that Adrain and Rose get together. i love the books but Shadow kiss's end i kinda cried