City of Glass Celebration Schwag!!!

Howdie!! I am back from my book signing with Cassandra Clare and Lisa McMann and I am still in awe. It is an amazing feeling to finally meet those authors that you truly admire and respect. I have been a big fan of Cassandra Clare for a few years and I must admit I was a bit of a dork in her presence, but she is so very nice and funny that I was soon at ease. My friend and I were invited to stay and talk with them both for a bit after the signing and we happily obliged. The fact that we drove almost 7 hours to see them both got us a bit of attention :)

Along with pictures of my adventure yesterday I will also post pictures of some items that will be given away during the contest. I did have a copy of City of Glass and Wake signed by their respective authors and I made some book marks and scrabble buttons.

This was the welcoming sign at Mrs. Nelson's toy and book shop. This place was absolutely amazing. I adored being there. The staff was helpful they had the best YA selection of books.
A great YA section with many yummy new titles.This was the set up for the authors
Upon entering this sign was posted
Table set up for Cassandra Clare
Table set up for Lisa McMann
Both authors came into the room, introduced themselves then read 10 mins worth from each of their works. Lisa McMann read from WAKE and Cassandra Clare gave us a choice of either City of Glass or her new project the Infernal Devices...EVERYONE picked the Infernal Device's teaser, which was awesome.
Here are some of the items I made. Book markers and scrabble pins with the Mortal Instrument's cast.
A close up of Clary and Jace
Chatting it up with Cassandra....
I have a few more pictures to upload from my friend's camera which shows the actual signed books for the contest.

12 comments on "City of Glass Celebration Schwag!!!"

~THE OPTIMISTIC PESSIMIST ~ wrote: March 28, 2009 at 5:03 PM

Glad you had such a wonderful experience!

Ravenous Reader wrote: March 28, 2009 at 5:04 PM

It was the best time ever

Lalaland wrote: March 28, 2009 at 5:13 PM

That's so cool. I wish I was there. The pins look awesome.

katie wrote: March 28, 2009 at 6:52 PM

I wish I could have been there. It looks amazing! Glad you had fun! =]

Jen wrote: March 28, 2009 at 7:01 PM

That looks awesome!

The Book Resort wrote: March 28, 2009 at 7:49 PM

Oh, what fun. I feel like I was there, too.
Thank you for sharing the gr-8 pics. Look forward to more.
Love the outside of bookstore.

Lisa McMann wrote: March 28, 2009 at 8:45 PM

Thank you again for coming all that way. It was great meeting you!

xo

Ravenous Reader wrote: March 28, 2009 at 9:20 PM

Will come by and visit on Tuesday....

Bookgeek wrote: March 28, 2009 at 9:25 PM

Oh, looks like you had such a great time. Love the photos. Love the pins. And welcome back.

Wrighty wrote: March 29, 2009 at 2:31 AM

What a great trip! It looks like so much fun. I would have been a total dork if I had been there. The photos turned out great. Thanks for sharing. It's neat to see authors in casual settings. I wish I had seen this celebration sooner so I could have followed along this week.

Ravenous Reader wrote: March 29, 2009 at 9:30 AM

Wrighty...better late than never, you never know :)