In My Mailbox

In My Mailbox lets you peek into the contents of my mailbox on a weekly basis. I am listing all the lovely books that I have aquired this week. If you would like to participate and have your own “In My Mailbox” post, you can find more information here on the Story Siren's blog, where it all began..(This post was inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie.)

This week I recieved a few books...but gosh they were the best books ever!!!!

RAMPANT by Diana Peterfreund (ARC)
Hardcover: 416 pages
Publisher: HarperTeen (August 25, 2009)

Forget everything you ever knew about unicorns…
The sparkly, innocent creatures of lore are a myth. Real unicorns are venomous, man-eating monsters with huge fangs and razor-sharp horns. And they can only be killed by virgin descendants of Alexander the Great.
Fortunately, unicorns have been extinct for a hundred and fifty years.
Or not.
Astrid Llewelyn has always scoffed at her eccentric mother’s stories about killer unicorns. But when one of the monsters attacks her boyfriend in the woods – thereby ruining any chance of him taking her to prom – Astrid learns that unicorns are real and dangerous, and she has a family legacy to uphold. Her mother packs her off to Rome to train as a unicorn hunter at the ancient cloisters the hunters have used for centuries.
However, at the cloisters, all is not what is seems. Outside, the unicorns wait to attack. And within, Astrid faces other, unexpected threats: from crumbling, bone-covered walls that vibrate with a terrible power to the hidden agendas of her fellow hunters to – perhaps most dangerously of all – her growing attraction to a handsome art student… and a relationship that could jeopardize everything.
RAMPANT, a tale of killer unicorns, will be released in August of 2009 by Harper Collins.

City of Glass by Cassandra Clare (Signed)
Hardcover: 560 pages
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry (March 24, 2009)

To save her mother's life, Clary must travel to the City of Glass, the ancestral home of the Shadowhunters -- never mind that enter-ing the city without permission is against the Law, and breaking the Law could mean death. To make things worse, she learns that Jace does not want her there, and Simon has been thrown in prison by the Shadowhunters, who are deeply suspicious of a vampire who can withstand sunlight.
As Clary uncovers more about her family's past, she finds an ally in mysterious Shadow-hunter Sebastian. With Valentine mustering the full force of his power to destroy all Shadow-hunters forever, their only chance to defeat him is to fight alongside their eternal enemies. But can Downworlders and Shadowhunters put aside their hatred to work together? While Jace realizes exactly how much he's willing to risk for Clary, can she harness her newfound powers to help save the Glass City -- whatever the cost?
Love is a mortal sin and the secrets of the past prove deadly as Clary and Jace face down Valentine in the final installment of the New York Times bestselling trilogy The Mortal Instruments.

PREY by Rachel Vincent (ARC)
Mass Market Paperback: 400 pages
Publisher: Mira (July 1, 2009)
SOMETIMES PLAYING CAT AND MOUSE IS NO GAME...
Play? Right. My Pride is under fire from all sides, my father's authority is in question and my lover is in exile. Which means I haven't laid eyes on Marc's gorgeous face in months. And with a new mother and an I-know-everything teenager under my protection, I don't exactly have time to fantasize about ever seeing him again.

Then our long-awaited reunion is ruined by a vicious ambush by strays. Now our group is under attack, Marc is missing, and I will need every bit of skill and smarts to keep my family from being torn apart. Forever.

OMG!!! this book is THE book I have been wanting to read...I am glad that I have a good friend that likes to trade :) be on the look out for her new YA series the Soul Screamers: My Soul to Take this summer

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: The Classic Regency Romance - Now with Ultraviolent Zombie Mayhem! by Jane Austin and Seth Grahame-Smith
Paperback: 320 pages
Publisher: Quirk Books (April 8, 2009) but really out now!!

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies features the original text of Jane Austen's beloved novel with all-new scenes of bone-crunching zombie action. As our story opens a mysterious plague has fallen upon the quiet English village of Meryton and the dead are returning to life! Feisty heroine Elizabeth Bennet is determined to wipe out the zombie menace but she's soon distracted by the arrival of the haughty and arrogant Mr. Darcy. What ensues is a delightful comedy of manners with plenty of civilized sparring between the two young lovers and even more violent sparring on the blood-soaked battlefield as Elizabeth wages war against hordes of flesh-eating undead. Complete with 20 illustrations in the style of C. E. Brock (the original illustrator of Pride and Prejudice) this insanely funny expanded edition will introduce Jane Austen's classic novel to new legions of fans.
So what did you get in your mailbox this week?

Don't forget about our City of Glass Celebration
There have been so many extra chances to enter and get extra entries that we are just overwhelmed by the support.
Here are the major points:
COG Celebration Contest(the main entry)
Scavenger Hunt(not so easy but lots of points, up to 9)
Don't forget to Enter by Sunday at Noon (eastern time), We will announce the winners by Midnight THAT DAY!

19 comments on "In My Mailbox"

Erika Lynn wrote: March 28, 2009 at 10:15 PM

Rachel Vincent is awesome and you got some great books! Happy reading!

Adele wrote: March 28, 2009 at 10:28 PM

Ahh You got Jane Austen zombified! Lucky You. Is it just me of does the Rampant chick's head look weird? Hope you love CoG.

Ravenous Reader wrote: March 28, 2009 at 10:40 PM

I think her eyes are kinda spaced apart???

Reverie wrote: March 28, 2009 at 10:42 PM

WHOOO Rampnat!!! can't wait to read that!

Jo wrote: March 29, 2009 at 7:09 AM

All those books look pretty damn amazing! Especially Rampant. Look forward to your reviews!

Amy wrote: March 29, 2009 at 8:02 AM

all great ones, i really like the idea of a zombie Mr. darcy lol:) I never did like him..
-amy

Shalonda wrote: March 29, 2009 at 9:56 AM

I love the cover of Rampant!

Christine wrote: March 29, 2009 at 9:58 AM

OMG You got Rampant??! That is soooo awesome! If I didn't lurve you so much, I'd have to hate you for that. LOL Well, not really. I can't wait to hear how it is.

That Jane Austen Zombie book looks hysterical! The things people come up with! tee hee.

Happy Reading, girlfriend!
xoxo
Moi

Reader Rabbit wrote: March 29, 2009 at 10:03 AM

RAMPANNNTT.
JE LE VEUX
(i want haha)

The Story Siren wrote: March 29, 2009 at 10:17 AM

YAY! Rampant! Very nice book week! Love me some City of Glass!

Letter Garden wrote: March 29, 2009 at 10:50 AM

A SIGNED COPY OF CoG!!! YOU'RE SO LUCKY!!!! Any way to steal it?

deltay wrote: March 29, 2009 at 11:04 AM

LUCKY! Getting Rampant anad Prey. And P&P&Z.

Senfaye wrote: March 29, 2009 at 11:15 AM

Lots of amazing books Nancy!!! Happy reading! :)

GreenBeanTeenQueen wrote: March 29, 2009 at 12:43 PM

You got some great books!:)

prophecygirl wrote: March 29, 2009 at 2:25 PM

Nice week! (CoG! Woot!)

Cat wrote: March 29, 2009 at 4:22 PM

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies? HAHAHAHAHAH!!! I haven't heard of that one before. I had to read the description to my husband who is a huge zombie fan. That's hilarious.

I said "ooh! I want that!" to each book up until then and the last just made me laugh!

karinlibrarian wrote: March 29, 2009 at 5:33 PM

Great week. I'm so jealous you got RAMPANT. Also, I love your new button for your Author Interviews. Very cool computer work.

Jessica Kennedy wrote: March 29, 2009 at 9:22 PM

I SOOOO want Prey!!! You're too lucky. Man I want that book. Dammit!

Rebecca Herman wrote: April 1, 2009 at 1:10 AM

Rampants looks interesting! Killer unicorns is such a unique idea for a YA fantasy.