THE THIRD TWIN LAUNCH PARTY

My Soul To Take Teaser by Rachel Vincent

Rachel Vincent is one of my favorite Urban Fantasy/Paranormal authors ever and her werecat series is one of my favorite reads. Now, she has written a new YA series. It is called the Soul Screamers and it centers on a teenage bean sidhe (banshee). Here is a little summary from Rachel. Caution!!! once you read about it you will want it....like NOW! I had this posted as one of my WOW's earlier this year. Check it out here.

My Soul to Take is available for pre-order at Amazon.com. Unfortunately there isn't any cover art yet, but when there is I will let you know

Soul Screamers:

Kaylee Cavanaugh is a high school junior who thinks she’s losing her mind when she’s struck by the grim certainty that someone near her is going to die–and by the irresistible urge to shriek in response. But when it turns out that she’s not crazy and people are dying, Kaylee becomes determined to stop the deaths she foresees. Especially when they begin to hit close to home…

WOW!! sounds amazing right? Now here is the teaser that she has given to us to keep us wanting for more and I am hooked.

My Soul To Take, teaser:

Nervous sweat gathered on my palms, and for once I was glad I couldn’t talk. I swallowed, my throat clenching around the scream scalding me from the inside. The gray haze was darker now, though no thicker. I could see through it easily, yet it tainted everything my terrified gaze landed on, as if the entire gym had been draped in a translucent cloud of smog. And still things moved on the edge of my vision, drawing my eye in first one direction, then another. I would have given anything to be able to speak in that moment, not just to warn Emma - because that was evidently a moot point- but to ask Nash what the hell was going on. Could he see what I saw? More important, could they see us?

This sounds too amazing for words and I cannot wait to read this series. Any additional information can be found at Deadline Dames on Rachel's post, or you can visit Rachel's blog and web site too! Below are links to her amazing werecat series.

9 comments on "My Soul To Take Teaser by Rachel Vincent"

Reverie wrote: March 18, 2009 at 8:37 PM

drool.....sweet teaser! can't wait!

Ravenous Reader wrote: March 18, 2009 at 8:43 PM

Yeay!! neither can I

karinlibrarian wrote: March 18, 2009 at 8:57 PM

I remember when you did this for your WOW post. I decided I wanted it then. I'll have to go pre order it so I won't forget. There are too many things I want.

Reverie wrote: March 18, 2009 at 9:09 PM

it's really funny how fast my TRB list grows day by day... oh man I wish i was rich and had 24/7 to read.....

Catherine (On The Nightstand) wrote: March 18, 2009 at 11:16 PM

Even before you posted the teaser I was drooling at the thought of getting my hand on this book.

I can't wait to see the cover art.

Carrie wrote: March 19, 2009 at 4:20 AM

This sounds incredible. Thanks for posting about it. I has no idea she was moving into YA, too. Yay!!

Ravenous Reader wrote: March 19, 2009 at 5:19 AM

Your welcome! I am very happy to promote Rachel Vincent because I love her Werecat series. It is really cool that some authors are also creating series for the YA market. Authors like Kim Harrison, Michelle Rowen, and lili St. Crow

Rachel Vincent wrote: March 20, 2009 at 8:41 AM

Hey, thanks for the meniton, and for the link! I hope you guys like the new series! ;-)

~THE OPTIMISTIC PESSIMIST ~ wrote: March 23, 2009 at 5:00 PM