Waiting on Wednesday: Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare

Jill over at Breaking the Spine started this and I believe that it's awesome" This blog post is to alert those that visit about "the" book that we cannot wait to get our hands on. I have decided to participate because I have a list that can go on forever and ever and it is interesting to see what else others are "waiting" for also.

Going along with the City of Glass blog Celebration week (YEAY) today's post is going to be on Cassandra's prequel series to the Mortal Instruments called the INFERNAL DEVICES series.

The Clockwork Princess
vol. 1 of The Infernal Devices
coming fall 2010

The Infernal Devices takes us back one hundred and forty years to the heart of Victorian England, exploring an earlier era in the history of the Shadowhunters — a time before the Accords, when Downworlder and Shadowhunters were at each other's throats. A time when orphaned teenager Tessa discovers she isn't human after all, but a warlock, capable of changing her shape to resemble anyone she desires to be. Tessa must use her power to descend into London's supernatural Downworld, where vampires stalk the gaslit streets of London, werewolves slink in the shadowy lanes of Whitechapel, and warlocks hold masquerade balls for demons and Downworlders in opium-smoke-filled ballrooms. But living in Downworld isn't simple — Tessa has to learn to trust her natural enemies, the demon-killing Shadowhunters, if she ever wants to control her powers and find her brother. Torn between the darkly gorgeous and devoted Will, a Shadowhunter hiding a deadly secret, and the brooding Jem, whose addiction to a demon drug is slowly destroying him, Tessa must draw on all her strength to save her brother and keep herself alive in this deadly new world.

8 comments on "Waiting on Wednesday: Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare"

Silvia wrote: March 25, 2009 at 3:26 AM

Yay, this book sounds as amazing as shadowhunters!

So Many Books, So Little Time wrote: March 25, 2009 at 3:41 AM

That sounds so amazing! Gotta love Cassandra Clare!

GreenBeanTeenQueen wrote: March 25, 2009 at 7:39 AM

I still need to read Cassandra Clare. This one sounds wonderful!

Erika Lynn wrote: March 25, 2009 at 8:26 AM

great WOW pick! I can't wait to read this too

~THE OPTIMISTIC PESSIMIST ~ wrote: March 25, 2009 at 9:31 AM

Once again a wonderful pick!
Your post looks awesome!

katie wrote: March 25, 2009 at 2:22 PM

This trilogy sounds amazing but we have to wait till the fall of 2010? =[

Lalaland wrote: March 25, 2009 at 2:36 PM

Warlock? I thought guys were warlocks. Must be one of things that depends on what you think...

Yan wrote: March 25, 2009 at 2:50 PM

You won an award from me! :D