Waiting on Wednesday: INTERTWINED by Gena Showalter

Jill over at Breaking the Spine started this and I believe that it's awesome" This blog post is to alert those that visit about "the" book that we cannot wait to get our hands on. I have decided to participate because I have a list that can go on forever and ever and it is interesting to see what else others are "waiting" for also.

This week's selection is Intertwined by Gena Showalter. This book was my first WOW choice last January, but now that I have the cover art to go along with it, I believe that it deserves another posting. I am a big fan of this author and have read her other YA and paranormal romance novels. Then I read the premise of her new YA book and knew that I had to have this novel...NOW...and after you read it, you will want it also.

INTERTWINED by Gena Showlater
Hardcover: 496 pages
Publisher: Harlequin (September 1, 2009)

There’s something about the new guy at Crossroads High . . .

Most sixteen-year-olds have friends. Aden Stone has four human souls living inside him:

One can time-travel.
One can raise the dead.
One can tell the future.
And one can possess another human.

With no other family and a life spent in and out of institutions, Aden and the souls have become friends. But now, they’re causing him all kinds of trouble.

Like, he’ll blink and suddenly he’s a younger Aden, reliving the past. One wrong move, and he’ll change the future. Or, he’ll walk past a total stranger and know how and when she’s going to die.

He’s so over it. All he wants is peace.

And then he meets a girl who quiets the voices. Well, for as long as he’s with her. Why? Mary Ann Gray is his total opposite. He’s a loner; she has friends. He doesn’t care what anyone thinks; she tries to make everyone happy. And while he attracts the paranormal, she repels it. For her sake, he should stay away. But it’s too late. . .

Somehow, they share an inexplicable bond of friendship. A bond about to be tested by a werewolf shape-shifter who wants Mary Ann for his own and a vampire princess Aden can’t resist. Two romances, both forbidden. . . doomed. Still, the four will enter a dark underworld of intrigue and danger. . . but not everyone will come out alive. . .

WOW!!! This book sounds amazing and you can pre-order it HERE so...what are you waiting for :)

15 comments on "Waiting on Wednesday: INTERTWINED by Gena Showalter"

Carrie wrote: March 31, 2009 at 10:44 PM

This does sound awesome, but Sept. 1?! How can I wait?

Ravenous Reader wrote: March 31, 2009 at 10:55 PM

I know...I have no patience whatsoever!!

Erika Lynn wrote: March 31, 2009 at 11:34 PM

wow this sounds really good, Showalter writes some great books!

Silvia wrote: March 31, 2009 at 11:47 PM

That sounds amazing.

I'll get that one when it comes out.

Reverie wrote: April 1, 2009 at 4:19 AM

looks.so.good.

+TBR

thanks! as always great WOW

Rhonda Stapleton wrote: April 1, 2009 at 5:51 AM

WOW, this sounds amazing. I so want to read it!!

Katie wrote: April 1, 2009 at 5:57 AM

sounds like a good one!!

Letter Garden wrote: April 1, 2009 at 7:38 AM

Ohhhh, I haven't heard about this book! It sounds very good! Thanks for sharing!

Jessica Kennedy wrote: April 1, 2009 at 8:39 AM

I'm all over this book. Gena is an amazing author. I've read just about all of her books. Her Atlantis series is my favorite but her Lords of the Underworld series is good too!

She's an author I can turn to and KNOW I'll be engrossed and completely satisfied while reading. She's the best!

And she's having a blog party this week! Head over and enter her contests:

Christine wrote: April 1, 2009 at 9:29 AM

This book sounds awesome! It just got put on my Wish List!

Movie Maven wrote: April 1, 2009 at 10:31 AM

I love Gena Showalter's books,and this sounds like a great new premise. Too long to wait, though!

Ravenous Reader wrote: April 1, 2009 at 10:36 AM

Yeah it is a long wait...but ohhh so worth it :)

Liyana wrote: April 1, 2009 at 12:21 PM

I agree with Ravenous Reader. The dood on the front cover hs a hottie body. Imagine that on my bookshelf. Okay j/k! ;)

The Book Resort wrote: April 1, 2009 at 8:55 PM

Sounds gr-8 love the cover. Oh, imagine that bod glistening in the sun... from the pool ; ). Hellooo... to Summer ; p.

Bookgeek wrote: April 2, 2009 at 5:16 AM

oooooooh, sounds wonderful. Another to watch for!