In My Mailbox 4/26/09

In My Mailbox lets you peek into the contents of my mailbox on a weekly basis. I am listing all the lovely books that I have aquired this week. If you would like to participate and have your own “In My Mailbox” post, you can find more information here on the Story Siren's blog, where it all began..(This post was inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie.)

I am very happy this week due to the great books I recieved. I am beyond happy, like stick a fork in me I am done... because my friend sent me her copy of Lover Avenged. I am deep in the brotherhood and am loving it. This book is definately NOT YA, but it is one of my very favorite series and I could not pass up this opportunity. Another book recieved is Fragile Eternity (an Amazon wishlist christmas pressie). Once you pull back the dust jacked a most amazing picture of a woman is on the cover.

Lover Avenged by J. R. Ward (ARC)
Hardcover: 544 pages
Publisher: NAL Hardcover (April 28, 2009)

Rehvenge has always kept his distance from the Brotherhood—even though his sister is married to a member, for he harbors a deadly secret that could make him a huge liability in their war against the lessers. As plots within and outside of the Brotherhood threaten to reveal the truth about Rehvenge, he turns to the only source of light in his darkening world, Ehlena, a vampire untouched by the corruption that has its hold on him—and the only thing standing between him and eternal destruction. THUD!! so happy!!

Fragile Eternity by Melissa Marr
Reading level: Young Adult
Hardcover: 400 pages
Publisher: HarperCollins (April 21, 2009)
CHECK OUT THE ACTUAL BOOK COVER

Seth never expected he would want to settle down with anyone—but that was before Aislinn. She is everything he'd ever dreamed of, and he wants to be with her forever. Forever takes on new meaning, though, when your girlfriend is an immortal faery queen.
Aislinn never expected to rule the very creatures who'd always terrified her—but that was before Keenan. He stole her mortality to make her a monarch, and now she faces challenges and enticements beyond any she'd ever imagined.
In Melissa Marr's third mesmerizing tale of Faerie, Seth and Aislinn struggle to stay true to themselves and each other in a milieu of shadowy rules and shifting allegiances, where old friends become new enemies and one wrong move could plunge the Earth into chaos.

So that was my week of which I am very grateful for. What was in your mailbox?

29 comments on "In My Mailbox 4/26/09"

Reverie wrote: April 25, 2009 at 10:00 PM

FE's cover is gorgeous!! HOPE YOU ARE HAVING MAJOR FUN reading Lover Avenged...so jealous right now. must go read now to catch up so we can compare notes

Callie wrote: April 25, 2009 at 10:04 PM

Oh boy! Now I really want FE! I hope it's good. Happy reading!

Catherine (On The Nightstand) wrote: April 25, 2009 at 10:26 PM

Eee! Fragile Eternity! You're so lucky to have it now - I ordered mine off BookDepository but had to save money by buying the paperback. I have to wait another month. So far I have remained unspoiled, so hooray for that.

Anonymous wrote: April 25, 2009 at 10:33 PM

Julianna here, Diva. I have put that book on my list. It sounds like it's been a wonderful week in Book World for you. I understand just how you feel. Enjoy!

MssJos wrote: April 25, 2009 at 10:37 PM

I got so into Fragile Eternity, it really wasn't what I expected but it was still great! I love how original Marr's writing always is! Hope you enjoy!!!

Adele wrote: April 26, 2009 at 12:09 AM

I have to admit that Melissa Marr's Fragile Eternity doesn't really interest me. I can't work out why though. Every one else seems to be clamouring for it. I think I'll put it down as a cultural misunderstanding ;)

Kate wrote: April 26, 2009 at 4:55 AM

Never heard of "Lover Avenged" before but it sounds good. Hope you enjoy "Fragile Eternity" as well.

Letter Garden wrote: April 26, 2009 at 5:28 AM

I'm getting Fragile Eternity next week! ...But I haven't finished Ink Exchange yet. *sighs* I like the picture they used for the book much better. =)

Liyana wrote: April 26, 2009 at 6:16 AM

Great week! I'm super envious.

The Story Siren wrote: April 26, 2009 at 6:46 AM

OH MY GOODNESS!!! LOVER AVERNGED!! I am filled with book envy right now!!! AHhh! I need that book! I need to get a finsihed copy of FE too!! I love that picture!

karinlibrarian wrote: April 26, 2009 at 6:55 AM

Congrats. I'm glad your friend let your borrow LOVER AVENGED.

Cat wrote: April 26, 2009 at 8:05 AM

I love the covers of Marr's series. They are so frosty and enchanting.

I think I might be the only one who doesn't know what LOVER AVENGED is. Ha!

Fantastic Book Review wrote: April 26, 2009 at 9:06 AM

I got Fragile Eternity in my mailbox and I'm just on the 2nd book in the BDB. Happy Reading!

· Alba · wrote: April 26, 2009 at 10:51 AM

Thaaanks, Ravenous, you too ;)!
Happy reading ^O^

Jessica Kennedy wrote: April 26, 2009 at 10:57 AM

OMG! J.R. Ward's series is to die for! I plan to drop everything and consume this book in one sitting. Forget eating and using the bathroom!

I JUST pre-ordered it for my Kindle! That's right! Instant delivery to my Kindle when it releases!

wdebo wrote: April 26, 2009 at 11:41 AM

FE looks so good!! I really need to get it!!

wdebo :)

prophecygirl wrote: April 26, 2009 at 11:49 AM

FE looks like a lovely book. I can't wait for my copy to arrive. Happy reading!

MichieBee wrote: April 26, 2009 at 2:46 PM

<3!! I also love the actual book cover of FE. So prettyyy!

Shalonda wrote: April 26, 2009 at 3:38 PM

Ok, I am just gonna have to get caught up on these J.R. Ward novels! I've heard you, Vania, Kristi, and Laura talk about them, and so I'm now dying to read them.

Yay for a fun week in books!

Aimee wrote: April 26, 2009 at 3:42 PM

"Fragile Eternity" does have a beautiful cover. Speaking of beautiful, I love the layout of your blog. I'm glad I checked it out. :)

Rebecca wrote: April 26, 2009 at 5:50 PM

You got some great books. Enjoy.

Erika Lynn wrote: April 26, 2009 at 6:09 PM

Fragile Eternity looks so good. Happy reading!

cupcakewitch wrote: April 26, 2009 at 8:17 PM

stick a fork in me I am done =

best. expression. ever.

Bookgeek wrote: April 26, 2009 at 10:34 PM

Ooh, lover Avenged. Jealous. Lucky you!

Movie Maven wrote: April 27, 2009 at 9:45 AM

Lover Avenged is on its way to me from Amazon. Can. Not. Wait!!

Michelle Zink wrote: April 27, 2009 at 1:41 PM

I've never read J.R. Ward's books but I've heard very good things about them.

And I am D-Y-I-N-G to read Fragile Eternity! I'm such a Melissa Marr fangirl.
:D

The Book Resort wrote: April 27, 2009 at 3:46 PM

I have a little something for you @:

KB wrote: April 27, 2009 at 5:08 PM

Picked up FE from the library. Want to read it before going to see Melissa Marr in June!!!!!!!!