True Awesomeness

My dear friend Vania over at Reverie Media is supremely talented. She is an amazing photographer and had a really good Idea. WHAT IF....She created a book cover and let the audience tell her what the book is about based on what they got from that cover look. I know that I am a true cover hog. It is like that shiny light bug syndrome......I am drawn to it. I will walk into a book store and gravitate to the most awesome cover, mindless of what it is about. I have to hold it, touch it... THEN I read the blurb and that is what finally gets me.

Vania has created this gorgeous cover and has penned it as

FOREVER NIGHT....WHEN DAYLIGHT ISN'T NEEDED ANYMORE...

So she has asked that you go over to her blog and tell her what you think the book should be based on what you see. This was my take on it. I have this great Idea. This book can be about a girl that falls in love with a fairie prince but, the Fae are at war with the vampires of the land so drama insues...... here goes

When Aegle laid her eyes on Conall she knew that something had changed in her universe. From that moment on she was compelled to follow him
But Conall had enemies--dark ones and they were not going to let him have any happiness
Caught in the middle of their worlds, between Fang and Fae, Aegle will become a pawn and realize that being "in love' is a dangerous place to be

What is your take on the cover and what do you think it should be about? Just click on the book cover and give her your thoughts on it.

7 comments on "True Awesomeness"

Reverie wrote: April 18, 2009 at 11:47 AM

awww thanks! BUD!!! :D i am sooo blushing right now!!!

Catt wrote: April 18, 2009 at 12:01 PM

I want that book to be real so much!! Hmmm... do you mind if I write it? =D

The Book Resort wrote: April 18, 2009 at 12:31 PM

Great picture. You have talent, Vania = }.

The Book Resort wrote: April 18, 2009 at 12:32 PM

Love your take on the cover,Ravenous Reader. Looking forward to your book.

Bookworm wrote: April 18, 2009 at 2:30 PM

Wow, Vania! Seriously, it's genius. She MADE it? i'm totally blown away...

Lalaland wrote: April 18, 2009 at 2:47 PM

Hey, you got an award at my blog. =D

Beth Kephart wrote: April 19, 2009 at 12:41 PM

I think I want to hire this fine designer!

@ravenousreader on INSTAGRAM

ADAM SILVERA and JANDY NELSON
Green Apple Books (Clement street location) in SF

NYMBC: WE NEED DIVERSE BOOKS
RAZIEL REID, I.W. GREGORIO, SONA CHARAIPOTRA AND DHONIELLE CLAYTON

Books Inc. in the Castro

NYMBC CLASS OF 2K15:
COURTNEY ALAMEDA, I.W. GREGORIO,VALYNNE MAETANI, ALEXIS BASS, SONIA CHARAIPOTRA & DHONIELLE CLAYTON, HOLLY BODGER, STACEY LEE, VIRGINIA BOECKER, RENEE AHDIEH AND FONDA LEE

Books Inc. in Burlingame
Saturday, June 27 @ 3pm

Five Fantasic YA authors:
MEGAN WHALEN TURNER, ELIZABETH FAMA, STEPHANIE KUEHN, REBECCA HAHN and TAMARA IRELAND STONE

Monday, June 29 @ 7pm