Waiting on Wednesday: Meridian by Amber Kizer

Jill over at Breaking the Spine started this and I believe that it's awesome" This blog post is to alert those that visit about "the" book that we cannot wait to get our hands on. I have decided to participate because I have a list that can go on forever and ever and it is interesting to see what else others are "waiting" for also.

My WOW choice this week was a suggestion from my buddy Vania whom I have much in common with and I have to give her kudos for a great suggestion.

Meridian by Amber Kizer
www.amberkizer.com
Reading level: Young Adult
Hardcover: 320 pages
Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers (August 11, 2009)

My name is Meridian Sozu. I am a Fenestra. I have always shared my world with the dead and the dying. But I really didn't understand what that meant until I turned sixteen and glimpsed my own mortality. . .

Half-human, half-angel, Meridian Sozu has a dark responsibility.

Sixteen-year-old Meridian has been surrounded by death ever since she can remember. As a child, insects, mice, and salamanders would burrow into her bedclothes and die. At her elementary school, she was blamed for a classmate’s tragic accident. And on her sixteenth birthday, a car crashes in front of her family home—and Meridian’s body explodes in pain.

Before she can fully recover, Meridian is told that she’s a danger to her family and hustled off to her great-aunt’s house in Revelation, Colorado. It’s there that she learns that she is a Fenestra—the half-angel, half-human link between the living and the dead. But Meridian and her sworn protector and love, Tens, face great danger from the Aternocti, a band of dark forces who capture vulnerable souls on the brink of death and cause chaos.
COMING SUMMER 2009
Life. Death. And the in between.

11 comments on "Waiting on Wednesday: Meridian by Amber Kizer"

Reverie wrote: April 14, 2009 at 10:26 PM

ooooh this looks good!!! I so want it! freaky and PARANORMAL!!! my type!!

Alley wrote: April 14, 2009 at 11:01 PM

Sounds super interesting, thank for the post!

ps - if you have the time, would you mind checking out my collaborative blog "Collision" (http://arts-collision.blogspot.com). We're a work in progress and the opinion of an established blogger would mean a lot!

Kate wrote: April 15, 2009 at 12:56 AM

Wow. That sounds - wow.
Good luck on getting it soon.

Silvia wrote: April 15, 2009 at 4:00 AM

August...Still a lot to wait.
This books sounds really good.

So Many Books, So Little Time wrote: April 15, 2009 at 4:18 AM

That sounds really good and I love the cover.

Steph Su wrote: April 15, 2009 at 6:53 AM

Seen this before but it never gets old! I can't wait. And the cover is fantastic--so bold.

Erika Lynn wrote: April 15, 2009 at 7:22 AM

this one sounds sooooo good! and the cover is stunning!

GreenBeanTeenQueen wrote: April 15, 2009 at 1:34 PM

I want to read this on. Sounds so good and I love the cover.

~THE OPTIMISTIC PESSIMIST ~ wrote: April 16, 2009 at 3:07 PM

Very interesting. I too love the cover, it is striking!

Michelle Zink wrote: April 16, 2009 at 7:31 PM

Meridian is swiftly moving to the top of my TBR pile...

Can't wait for that one!
:D

@ravenousreader on INSTAGRAM

I have compiled all the SF, bay area YA events in this section. If you know of any events that I have failed to post, please let me know. Also, please keep in mind that some events may change and it is always best to verify any event prior to attendance.

2016
JANUARY

Hello, fellow readers! Look at the upcoming events in our marvelous SF Bay Area for next year. There are some events that are coming out that I cannot post about yet, but believe me when I tell you they are made of awesome.

FEBRUARY

PARKER PEEVYHOUSE

Hicklebee's Bookstore in San Jose
Friday, February 12 @ 7pm

LINDA JOY SINGLETON and DANNA SMITH

Face in a Book in El Dorado Hills
Saturday, February 13 @12

MEG CABOT
Copperfield's in Santa Rosa
Saturday, February 13 @ 7pm

RUTA SEPETYS Book Event and Pizza Party
Great Good Place for Books in Montclair
Thursday, February 18 @ 6pm

PARKER PEEVYHOUSE, STACEY LEE, L.B. SCHULMAN, CHRISTY LENZI, TRACI CHEE, RAHUL KANAKIA, AND MORE
Milpitas Public Library in Milpitas

VERONICA ROSSI, CARAGH O'BRIEN and STEPHANIE KEUHN
Books Inc. Opera Plaza in San Francisco
Friday, March 18 @7pm

ALLY CONDIE

Rakestraw Books in Danville
Thursday, March 30 @ 7pm

PENGUIN TEEN ON TOUR with SABAA TAHIR, RACHEL HAWKINS, APRIL GENEVIEVE TUCHOLKE, ALYWN HAMILTON, ALISON GOODMAN and KAREN BAO
Thursday, March 30 @ 7pm