Waiting on Wednesday: Tombstone Tea by Joanne Dahme

Jill over at Breaking the Spine started this and I believe that it's awesome" This blog post is to alert those that visit about "the" book that we cannot wait to get our hands on. I have decided to participate because I have a list that can go on forever and ever and it is interesting to see what else others are "waiting" for also

My choice this week is Tombstone Tea by Joanne Dahme. I found this book the other day on the net and once I saw the cover, Yes!!!!! the cover looks awesome. I was drawn to it and had to check it out. Then the synopsis got me.

Tombstone Tea by Joanne Dahme
Reading level: Young Adult
Hardcover: 272 pages
Publisher: Running Press Kids (August 24, 2009)

This title features a page-turning tale in which a young girl accidentally discovers her ability to communicate with the spirits of the dead - she must use this newfound power to bring peace to a cemetery full of disgruntled ghosts. In order to fit in at her new high school and be accepted in the 'in crowd', Amy accepts a dare to spend one night in a local cemetery. Once inside the gate of the dark and frightening burial ground, Amy meets Paul, a handsome boy who works as a caretaker at the cemetery. Paul explains to Amy about Tombstone Tea: a performance in which actors impersonate the people buried in the cemetery. The actors are supposedly rehearsing on this particular evening, but Amy discovers that they are actually ghosts of the deceased. Will Amy be able to settle the ancient dispute that creates danger and unrest within the cemetery walls?

13 comments on "Waiting on Wednesday: Tombstone Tea by Joanne Dahme"

Reverie wrote: April 28, 2009 at 9:46 PM

LOOKS REALLY GOOD!!!

Anonymous wrote: April 28, 2009 at 9:54 PM

Jules here: That sounds like a charming book, Diva. Very cute!

Erika Lynn wrote: April 28, 2009 at 10:12 PM

great pick! it sounds great and the cover is really pretty!

Carrie wrote: April 28, 2009 at 10:25 PM

This sounds really good. Great pick!!

So Many Books, So Little Time wrote: April 29, 2009 at 2:34 AM

That sounds really good and I love the cover.

GreenBeanTeenQueen wrote: April 29, 2009 at 6:54 AM

This one sounds really good!

Michelle Zink wrote: April 29, 2009 at 8:07 AM

This sounds SO cool!

And I've never heard of it before, so double bonus for you!
:D

Fantastic Book Review wrote: April 29, 2009 at 10:01 AM

This one sounds interesting!

Kate wrote: April 29, 2009 at 10:26 AM

This sounds rather cool :D

Silvia wrote: April 29, 2009 at 12:29 PM

Wow, sound really good!
Thanks for letting me know about this book!

cupcakewitch wrote: April 29, 2009 at 5:07 PM

I handsome cemetery caretaker?!! I'm so in!

Angie wrote: May 1, 2009 at 7:16 PM

I just discovered your blog, and I really like the picture you have at the top of the page.

Lenore wrote: May 2, 2009 at 4:32 AM

Joanne is really cranking them out! I still need to read The Plague.

SABAA TAHIR Book Launch: AN EMBER IN THE ASHES
Tuesday, April 28 @ 7:30pm

The Epic Reads YA Tour featuring Susane Colasanti, Maria Dahvana Headley and Katie Contugno.
A Great Good Place in Montclair Village
Wednesday, April 29 @ 7 pm

California BOOKSTORE Day |Independent Bookstore Day
Saturday, May 2, 2015
At your local Indie bookstores. Please come and join them at various locations throughout the SF Bay Area for their BOOKSTORE day celebrations.
Books Inc.
Great Good Place
Green Apple Books
Hicklebee's
Kepler's
Mrs. Dalloway's
Just to name a few. If you would like to know about more bookstores in the SF Bay Area check out this page that will show you all those bookstores that are participating http://indiemap.bookweb.org/

YA Event of Awesome with authors TRICIA STIRLING, ANNAMEEKEE HESIK, STACEY LEE, HEIDI KLING, TAMARA IRELAND STONE AND LYNN CARTHAGE
Hickleebee's in San Jose
Friday, May 8 @ 7pm

NYMBC YA Hoopla
Featuring: Tamara Ireland Stone, Virginia Boecker, Stephanie Keuhn, Alexis Bass, Veronica Rossi, Katherine Longshore and many more
Saturday, May 9 @4pm

MICHAEL BUCKLEY
Saturday, May 9 @ 3pm

Fierce Reads 2015 Spring Tour with Katie Finn, Lynne Matson, Marie Rutkoski and Lindsay Smith
Keplers in Menlo Park
Tuesday, May 12 @ 6pm

NYMBC Presents the Summer of Swoon Tour: SANDY HALL, KATIE VAN ARK, TEMPLE WEST and KIMBERLY KARALIUS

JODI PICOULT & SAMANTHA VAN LEER