Waiting on Wednesday: Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

Jill over at Breaking the Spine started this and I believe that it's awesome" This blog post is to alert those that visit about "the" book that we cannot wait to get our hands on. I have decided to participate because I have a list that can go on forever and ever and it is interesting to see what else others are "waiting" for also.

This week was a tough one because there are so many wonderful books out there that I am totally jonesing for. I finally chose Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater. I really enjoyed Lament: A Fairie Queen's Deception and am eager to see her take on werewolves. After reading the synopsis, I was hooked.

Shiver by Maggie Steifvater
For years, Grace has watched the wolves in the woods behind her house. One yellow-eyed wolf--her wolf--is a chilling presence she can't seem to live without. Meanwhile, Sam has lived two lives: In winter, the frozen woods, the protection of the pack, and the silent company of a fearless girl. In summer, a few precious months of being human . . . until the cold makes him shift back again.

Now, Grace meets a yellow-eyed boy whose familiarity takes her breath away. It's her wolf. It has to be. But as winter nears, Sam must fight to stay human--or risk losing himself, and Grace, forever.

Maggie Stiefvater
Reading level: Young Adult
Hardcover: 400 pages
Publisher: Scholastic Press (August 1, 2009)

That was my choice for this week. What is yours?

15 comments on "Waiting on Wednesday: Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater"

Michelle Zink wrote: April 22, 2009 at 4:04 AM

I LOVE books with unique concepts. This one sounds so intriguing!
:D

Reverie wrote: April 22, 2009 at 4:17 AM

this looks amazing!?!?!? you find the best books!

Carrie wrote: April 22, 2009 at 6:46 AM

This looks great. I can't wait for it.

GreenBeanTeenQueen wrote: April 22, 2009 at 7:01 AM

I want to read this one too!

· Alba · wrote: April 22, 2009 at 7:03 AM

Hola, Nancy ;)!

I'm Alba, from Letras y Escenas, nice to meet you too ;)!
And thanks a lot for being my 121ยบ follower, yay >//< !!!

Ohm, I have a question: could you explain me, please, about "reading challenges"? I'd like to start one in my blog, but I need more information ;) Thanks again, see you!

Christine wrote: April 22, 2009 at 7:09 AM

This sounds really good. I love wolf stories. :D

Fantastic Book Review wrote: April 22, 2009 at 8:29 AM

I will have to take a look at this one.

Kate wrote: April 22, 2009 at 10:13 AM

Wow. How have I never herad of this before? Is it new? I love the idea of wolves in books.

Erika Lynn wrote: April 22, 2009 at 11:17 AM

I think this book sounds really unique and interesting. great choice.
Waiting on Wednesday

Liyana wrote: April 22, 2009 at 12:48 PM

Heyy, you got a lil something over at my blog.

karinlibrarian wrote: April 22, 2009 at 7:50 PM

This was my last week's WOW post. Great minds think alike! I can't wait.

Bookgeek wrote: April 22, 2009 at 8:53 PM

Yes, yes, yes. I really want this. And Ballad. Now.

Danielle wrote: April 22, 2009 at 9:16 PM

cannot wait for THIS!

Silvia wrote: April 23, 2009 at 11:09 AM

Really, really, really waiting for this one.

Bookworm wrote: April 23, 2009 at 4:04 PM