Friday Funny: TwiLite by Stephen Jenner

TwiLite, A Parody by Stephen Jenner
Publisher: Virtualbookworm.com Publishing, Incorporated
Pub. Date: April 2009
172pp

Love between a teenage girl and a vampire can be a beautiful thing. Then again, it can get a little ugly. Just ask Stella Crow. Stella is a clumsy but otherwise ordinary girl whose life takes a radical turn the moment she meets Edweird. Though perfect on the outside, Edweird Sullen is remarkably unrefined on the inside. He also happens to be a one hundred year old vampire, trapped in the body of a teenage boy, who has yet to finish high school. Nonetheless, Stella is unconditionally smitten with him. But not everything is rosy in this gloomiest of towns. Edweird's enemies have sworn to put a tragic end to their romance. Against all odds, the bond between Stella and Edweird is nearly strong enough for their love to survive. Most love stories between an impossibly handsome vampire and an ungainly young woman have a magical ending. This one - not so much.

SERIOUSLY!!!! Did someone just write this??? What do you think about it?

Want more info then come HERE even excerpts are available.

18 comments on "Friday Funny: TwiLite by Stephen Jenner"

Anonymous wrote: May 22, 2009 at 4:39 AM

It's true all right. There's even a webpage with a bunch of excerpts - http://www.twilightparody.com Makes me laugh!

Katiebabs a.k.a KB wrote: May 22, 2009 at 5:12 AM

Edweird!! LMAO! Clumsy Stella? Have you seen the mock twilight videos on You Tube? They are beyond hilarious.

The Book Girl wrote: May 22, 2009 at 5:15 AM

Well... I don't really know how I'm feeling right now. I suppose a little annoyed, because I don't fee like anybody should make money off of Stephenie's hard work, even if it is changed up a bit. But maybe it'll be funny? I'm going to go check out the excerpts before I make up my mind :-p

Anonymous wrote: May 22, 2009 at 5:35 AM

Aren't a ton of people making a ton of money off of it already? Look at all the items, jewelry, lunch boxes, magazines, shirts, etc - it could fill up Kmart by itself! As long as its a good book, and written for laughs, then that's cool with me.

Ravenous Reader wrote: May 22, 2009 at 5:45 AM

I honestly don't know what to think about it??? I love those Twilight Parody video's. Especially the HillyWood show. Would I read this....??? The jury is still out.

Michelle wrote: May 22, 2009 at 6:46 AM

I don't know if I'd read this but some of the excerpts made me laugh out loud haha.

Silvia wrote: May 22, 2009 at 7:34 AM

Well it sounds funny but I don't really think I'm going to read this, not for the Twilight mocking thing, it's just that it doesn't call much my attention.

Amelia wrote: May 22, 2009 at 7:52 AM

I'm so buying this. The excerpts were hilarious

MichieBee wrote: May 22, 2009 at 9:13 AM

Well.. as someone who really couldn't stand the Twilight saga (I really tried to like them, I swear; I read all four books and gave them a chance, but I just couldn't bring myself to), I find this pretty funny. I wouldn't spend money on it though.

Suzanne wrote: May 22, 2009 at 3:13 PM

This book sounds like a bit of fun. I absolutely loved Twilight and am on book 3 now, but I'm not totally against a little parody when it's in good fun. I'll have to read some excerpts. And I think I'll look for those Twilight parody videos...

Insert Book Title wrote: May 22, 2009 at 4:49 PM

I want this one!

Bookworm wrote: May 22, 2009 at 6:35 PM

OMG I NEED to read this. Love the cover, LOL!

Liyana wrote: May 22, 2009 at 9:02 PM

Congrats! You have something here.

The Book Resort wrote: May 22, 2009 at 9:05 PM

LMAO!!!

BookChic wrote: May 23, 2009 at 7:53 AM

That is AWESOME! lol. I have yet to read the books, but saw the movie last night and it was pretty good. Not the best or anything, but good. I'll have to see how the books are, except I have to wait for the audio to come in for me as I have it on hold but am 11th in line.

pharmaslayer wrote: May 24, 2009 at 6:22 AM

ROFL....u gotta read this book. Hilarious parody. Every fan of the series needs to buy and copy and pass it around to friends and family. Moms and dads will love it, too, to see what all the fuss is about.

Rebecca :) wrote: May 24, 2009 at 7:57 AM

That is hilarious! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous wrote: October 20, 2009 at 7:29 PM

the excerpts were soooo funny! :D
I'm not sure if I'd actually buy the book, but I kind of want to read more.
I love Twilight, but sometimes it's just good to laugh at yourself every once in a while. ;)

California BOOKSTORE Day |Independent Bookstore Day
Saturday, May 2, 2015
At your local Indie bookstores. Please come and join them at various locations throughout the SF Bay Area for their BOOKSTORE day celebrations.
Books Inc.
Great Good Place
Green Apple Books
Hicklebee's
Kepler's
Mrs. Dalloway's
Just to name a few. If you would like to know about more bookstores in the SF Bay Area check out this page that will show you all those bookstores that are participating http://indiemap.bookweb.org/

YA Event of Awesome with authors TRICIA STIRLING, ANNAMEEKEE HESIK, STACEY LEE, HEIDI KLING, TAMARA IRELAND STONE AND LYNN CARTHAGE
Hickleebee's in San Jose
Friday, May 8 @ 7pm

NYMBC YA Hoopla
Featuring: Tamara Ireland Stone, Virginia Boecker, Stephanie Keuhn, Alexis Bass, Veronica Rossi, Katherine Longshore and many more
Saturday, May 9 @4pm

MICHAEL BUCKLEY
Saturday, May 9 @ 3pm

Fierce Reads 2015 Spring Tour with Katie Finn, Lynne Matson, Marie Rutkoski and Lindsay Smith
Keplers in Menlo Park
Tuesday, May 12 @ 6pm

NYMBC Presents the Summer of Swoon Tour: SANDY HALL, KATIE VAN ARK, TEMPLE WEST and KIMBERLY KARALIUS

JODI PICOULT & SAMANTHA VAN LEER