In My Mailbox: 5/31/09

In My Mailbox lets you peek into the contents of my mailbox on a weekly basis. I am listing all the lovely books that I have aquired this week. If you would like to participate and have your own “In My Mailbox” post, you can find more information here on the Story Siren's blog, where it all began..(This post was inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie.)

INTERTWINED by Gena Showalter
Reading level: Young Adult
Hardcover: 496 pages
Publisher: Harlequin (September 1, 2009)
There’s something about the new guy at Crossroads High . . .

Most sixteen-year-olds have friends. Aden Stone has four human souls living inside him:

One can time-travel.
One can raise the dead.
One can tell the future.
And one can possess another human.

With no other family and a life spent in and out of institutions, Aden and the souls have become friends. But now, they’re causing him all kinds of trouble.

Like, he’ll blink and suddenly he’s a younger Aden, reliving the past. One wrong move, and he’ll change the future. Or, he’ll walk past a total stranger and know how and when she’s going to die.

He’s so over it. All he wants is peace.

And then he meets a girl who quiets the voices. Well, for as long as he’s with her. Why? Mary Ann Gray is his total opposite. He’s a loner; she has friends. He doesn’t care what anyone thinks; she tries to make everyone happy. And while he attracts the paranormal, she repels it. For her sake, he should stay away. But it’s too late. . .

Somehow, they share an inexplicable bond of friendship. A bond about to be tested by a werewolf shape-shifter who wants Mary Ann for his own and a vampire princess Aden can’t resist. Two romances, both forbidden. . . doomed. Still, the four will enter a dark underworld of intrigue and danger. . . but not everyone will come out alive. . .

Give up the Ghost by Megan Crewe
Reading level: Young Adult
Hardcover: 256 pages
Publisher: Henry Holt and Co. (BYR) (September 15, 2009)
Cass McKenna much prefers ghosts to “breathers.” Ghosts are uncomplicated and dependable. They know the dirt on everybody . . . and Cass loves dirt.
She’s on a mission to expose the dirty secrets of all of the poseurs in her school. But when the vice president of the student council discovers her secret, Cass’s whole scheme hangs in the balance. Timwants her help to contact his recently deceasedmother, but Cass is less than enthusiastic.
Kicking and screaming, Cass becomes increasingly entwined in Tim’s life. And she’s more surprised than anyone when she realizes that maybe some living people aren’t so bad if she’d only give them a chance.

Never Slow Dance With a Zombie by E. Van Lowe
Reading level: Young Adult
Paperback: 256 pages
Publisher: Tor Teen (September 1, 2009)
Principal Taft's 3 Simple Rules for Surviving a Zombie Uprising:
Rule #1: While in the halls, walk slowly and wear a vacant expression on your face. Zombies won't attack other zombies.
Rule #2: Never travel alone. Move in packs. Follow the crowd. Zombies detest blatant displays of individuality.
Rule #3: If a zombie should attack, do not run. Instead, throw raw steak at to him. Zombies love raw meat. This display of kindness will go a long way.
On the night of her middle school graduation, Margot Jean Johnson wrote a high school manifesto detailing her goals for what she was sure would be a most excellent high school career. She and her best friend, Sybil, would be popular and, most important, have boyfriends. Three years later, they haven't accomplished a thing!
Then Margot and Sybil arrive at school one day to find that most of the student body has been turned into flesh-eating zombies. When kooky Principal Taft asks the girls to coexist with the zombies until the end of the semester, they realize that this is the perfect opportunity to live out their high school dreams. All they have to do is stay alive....

That was in my mailbox this week and what is yours?

24 comments on "In My Mailbox: 5/31/09"

Thao wrote: May 30, 2009 at 9:11 PM

I like Give Up The Ghost and Never Slow Dance With A Zombie. You're so lucky to have them this soon.

katie wrote: May 30, 2009 at 9:16 PM

I really want to read Give Up The Ghost and I am so jealous of Intertwined. I can't wait to see what you think of them. Happy reading!

Callie wrote: May 30, 2009 at 9:23 PM

Give up Ghost and Never Slow Dance with a Zombie look reallyreally good. Happy reading!

Eli wrote: May 30, 2009 at 9:29 PM

Intertwined looks interesting! Great week-- Happy Reading!

Rebecca Herman wrote: May 30, 2009 at 9:30 PM

Give Up the Ghost looks good! enjoy your books.

Shooting Stars Mag wrote: May 30, 2009 at 9:31 PM

This is a great week. So jealous of Intertwined and I have the other two, aren't they awesome?? Well...they look at it, haven't started yet.

-Lauren

Ali wrote: May 30, 2009 at 9:33 PM

Intertwined sounds so cool! I think I'll have to check that out! Never Slow Dance With A Zombie looks interesting too! I hope you enjoy them!!

Bookgeek wrote: May 30, 2009 at 9:50 PM

Lucky, lucky, luck you. They sounds so good - especially the zombie book. Enjoy them

susan wrote: May 30, 2009 at 9:58 PM

Never Slow Dance With a Zombie sounds fun. I don't read zombies, but I'm thiking about getting a few to see if our readers would like them. If you don't mind, please check out our summer book drive. Happy reading.

MssJos wrote: May 30, 2009 at 10:15 PM

All of these sound great! I hadn't even heard of Intertwined or Give Up the Ghost but both are definitely on my wishlist now! Looking forward to your reviews :)

The Book Resort wrote: May 30, 2009 at 11:18 PM

I love the cover for Give Up the Ghost.

Here's mine:

Liyana wrote: May 31, 2009 at 12:38 AM

Wow wow wow! Great books! I love Intertwined, it seems so cool. Happy reading!

Kate wrote: May 31, 2009 at 4:47 AM

These sound like great books. Happy reading :)

Amelia wrote: May 31, 2009 at 5:47 AM

Wow, great week! They all look really great. Happy Reading!

harmonybookreviews wrote: May 31, 2009 at 6:52 AM

You got Intertwined and Never Slow Dance with a Zombie! So jealous.

I also got Give up the Ghost. It looks really good.

So Many Books, So Little Time wrote: May 31, 2009 at 7:58 AM

I want all of those books. They sound amazing!

Michelle wrote: May 31, 2009 at 7:59 AM

All 3 sound really good. Happy reading. :D

Amy wrote: May 31, 2009 at 8:46 AM

lucky duck! You always get great ones:-D
-AMY

Just Your Typical Book Blog wrote: May 31, 2009 at 8:53 AM

Ooo awesome week, all those books sound really good! I love the covers for them.

Amber

prophecygirl wrote: May 31, 2009 at 10:44 AM

They all sound really good, and all have lovely covers. Happy reading!

Erica wrote: May 31, 2009 at 11:59 AM

I'm jealous of Intertwined!

Fantastic Book Review wrote: May 31, 2009 at 1:47 PM

These books are on my list. Happy Reading!

zac wrote: May 31, 2009 at 2:52 PM

...Zombie looks FAB.

towerofbooks wrote: June 1, 2009 at 8:27 AM

Intertwined looks like a good book.