Waiting on Wednesday: BLOOD PROMISE by Richelle Mead

Jill over at Breaking the Spine started this and I believe that it's awesome" This blog post is to alert those that visit about "the" book that we cannot wait to get our hands on. I have decided to participate because I have a list that can go on forever and ever and it is interesting to see what else others are "waiting" for also.

This week's choice is my gotta have, cannot wait, drooooling over....acting like Smeagal from LOTR...my precious, my pretty, me wants. BLOOD PROMISE by Richelle Mead.

OK ...WARNING....for those who have not read Shadow Kiss. STOP. DO NOT MOVE FORWARD. THIS BLURB is LOADED WITH SPOILERS. DON'T SAY I DID NOT WARN YOU!!!

BLOOD PROMISE by Richelle Mead
AUGUST 25, 2009 **TOO FAR AWAY**

BOUND BY LOVE, BUT SWORN TO KILL...

The rest of the world had considered Dimitri dead. And to a certain extent, he was. But I hadn't been able to forget a conversation he and I had once had. We'd both agreed that we'd rather be dead—truly dead—than walk the world as Strigoi. It was time to honor our words.

Guardian Rose Hathaway's life will never be the same.

The recent attack on St. Vladimir's Academy devastated the entire Moroi world. Many are dead. And, for the few victims carried off by Strigoi, their fates are even worse. A rare tattoo now adorns Rose's neck, a mark that says she's killed far too many Strigoi to count. But only one victim matters . . . Dimitri Belikov. Rose must now choose one of two very different paths: honoring her life's vow to protect Lissa—her best friend and the last surviving Dragomir princess—or, dropping out of the Academy to strike out on her own and hunt down the man she loves. She'll have to go to the ends of the earth to find Dimitri and keep the promise he begged her to make. But the question is, when the time comes, will he want to be saved?

Now, with everything at stake—and worlds away from St. Vladimir's and her unguarded, vulnerable, and newly rebellious best friend—can Rose find the strength to destroy Dimitri? Or, will she sacrifice herself for a chance at eternal love?

THAT WAS MY WOW, WHAT IS YOURS?

11 comments on "Waiting on Wednesday: BLOOD PROMISE by Richelle Mead"

ReaderGirl wrote: May 19, 2009 at 10:16 PM

SOOO excited for this one! I can't wait!

Bookgeek wrote: May 19, 2009 at 11:00 PM

oh, you know that I just can't wait for this one. (And Richelle has just given me the OK to post video of her talking about this.)

Kate wrote: May 20, 2009 at 12:13 AM

This book sounds amazing. Great post!

Reverie wrote: May 20, 2009 at 4:12 AM

OMG!!!! I cannot wait!

Frankie Diane wrote: May 20, 2009 at 12:54 PM

I am completely Gollum over this book-I'd do anything to get my hands on it a day early! Why is August sooooooooooooooooooo far away!!!??!!!!!!???!!!!

Frankie Diane wrote: May 20, 2009 at 1:03 PM

Oh hey I just saw you posted at the Book Bind that you got to hear Richelle read part of Blood Promise-is that right? Can you give any details? Im dying!

Ravenous Reader wrote: May 20, 2009 at 1:30 PM

She read parts of Chapter 1 and 2 during her recent book tour...if you want to know send me an email and I will gladly indulge you.

Fantastic Book Review wrote: May 20, 2009 at 1:38 PM

This is the 1 I'm going crazy waiting on...I keep calling my friends rushing them to finish the previous books so we can discuss.

Ladybug wrote: May 20, 2009 at 1:45 PM

I have to start reading this series!! It sounds really great!

Here's the book I'm waiting for.

Mary wrote: May 20, 2009 at 5:31 PM

I hope it's a fantastic read!

Melissa wrote: May 21, 2009 at 2:41 PM

I just read the entire series this week. Thank God I have loads of unread books to occupy my time until August 25th. I am DYING to read Blood Promise!!!