In My Mailbox: 6/21/09

In My Mailbox lets you peek into the contents of my mailbox on a weekly basis. I am listing all the lovely books that I have aquired this week. If you would like to participate and have your own “In My Mailbox” post, you can find more information here on the Story Siren's blog, where it all began..(This post was inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie.)

This week I went shopping and had a bit of fun :)

VACATIONS FROM HELL

Life's a beach . . . and then you're undead? in this must-have collection, five of today's hottest writers - Libba Bray (A Great and Terrible Beauty), Cassandra Clare (City of Bones), Claudia Gray (Evernight), Maureen Johnson (13 Little Blue Envelopes), and Sarah Mlynowski (Bras & Broomsticks) - tell supernatural tales of vacations gone awry. Lost luggage is only mildly unpleasant compared to bunking with a witch who holds a grudge. And a sunburn might be embarrassing and painful, but it doesn't last as long as a curse. Of course, even in the most hellish of situations, love can thrive. . . . From light and funny to dark and creepy, these stories have something for everyone. You definitely won't want to leave this collection at home!

GIFTED Outta Sight, Outta Mind By Marilyn Kaye

Thirteen year old Queen-of-mean Amanda Beeson, wakes up one morning in the wrong body. She's become lonely, unfashionable Tracey Devon - one of Amanda's targets for bullying. Amanda discovers that Tracey, ignored at home and at school, has the ability to turn invisible. Amanda sets out to rescue her one-time victim from obscurity - as well as rescuing herself from Tracey's life!

GIFTED Better Late Than Never by Marilyn Kaye

Goth girl Jenna Kelley has the ultimate tool to stage a teenage rebellion: she can read people's minds without even trying. When her alcoholic mother is hospitalized, a stranger shows up who says he's her long-lost dad and promises a better future. Too good to be true? Her gifted classmates think so, but Jenna is so determined to have a real parent around and a somewhat normal life that she might have lost her ability to listen.

This was my mailbox for this week, what was in yours?

27 comments on "In My Mailbox: 6/21/09"

The Book Resort wrote: June 20, 2009 at 9:22 PM

The Gifted series is on my list. Enjoy your books & have a great week.

Reverie wrote: June 20, 2009 at 9:32 PM

Cant wait to see what you think of the gifted series.

ZAC wrote: June 20, 2009 at 9:34 PM

never heard of the GIFTED novels. stellar!

Rebecca wrote: June 20, 2009 at 9:42 PM

Great books, I've seen the first Gifted novel around. Hope you enjoy reading them all.

Shooting Stars Mag wrote: June 20, 2009 at 9:45 PM

Oh nice. I really want to read the Gifted books. I LOVE the covers. So pretty.

-Lauren

Ya Book carnival is live this week if you want to enter contests or want to hold one.

-Lauren

Fantastic Book Review wrote: June 20, 2009 at 10:07 PM

Great Week! The Gifted Series is on my list. Happy Reading!

~The Book Pixie wrote: June 20, 2009 at 10:27 PM

I really want to read the Gifted series. Great week of books. :)

Carrie wrote: June 20, 2009 at 10:30 PM

I'm getting ready to start the first Gifted book. They look really good.

Adele wrote: June 20, 2009 at 11:17 PM

I have not heard of any of these - I guess this is the beauty of IMM. Thanks for sharing.

katie wrote: June 20, 2009 at 11:22 PM

The Gifted books look really good. I might just have to buy those. Great books this week!

Library Lounge Lizard wrote: June 20, 2009 at 11:53 PM

Great books, enjoy!

Lenore wrote: June 21, 2009 at 6:03 AM

Vacations from Hell looks like it could be really cool!

Eli wrote: June 21, 2009 at 6:21 AM

I also got Vacations from Hell! Or well-- I got it last week lol. Great Haul-- Happy Reading!

Just Your Typical Book Blog wrote: June 21, 2009 at 7:27 AM

I've never heard of The Gifted series, but it sounds good. Great week!

Amber

Lizzy wrote: June 21, 2009 at 8:19 AM

I've never heard of the Gifted series, but it looks interesting. Happy reading!

Callie wrote: June 21, 2009 at 8:26 AM

Great week. I have to check out these books. Enjoy!

So Many Books, So Little Time wrote: June 21, 2009 at 9:35 AM

Vacations FRom hell looks brilliant and my sister loves the Gifted series so hopefully you will too. Enjoy!

Marjolein wrote: June 21, 2009 at 10:13 AM

Hi, thank you for your comment on my blog! (marjoleinbookblog)To answer you question: I just finished Shrinking Violet (review is posted)and am reading Shopaholic and sister now. You had some awesome books too!

B.A.M. Book Reviews wrote: June 21, 2009 at 12:58 PM

I've never heard of the Gifted series. It looks interesting.

Happy Reading!

-Briana

harmonybookreviews wrote: June 21, 2009 at 12:59 PM

The Gifted series looks *so* good. Hope you enjoy it!

dissectingperfection wrote: June 21, 2009 at 1:02 PM

Ooooh Vacations From Hell... I'm dying to read that. Happy reading! =)

prophecygirl wrote: June 21, 2009 at 1:03 PM

Cool week, Gifted & BLTN look really good. Happy reading!

· Alba · wrote: June 21, 2009 at 1:38 PM

Muchas gracias, Ravenous ;)!!
Your new IMM seems nice too, specially "Gifted" ^O^

Kristen wrote: June 21, 2009 at 2:43 PM

I absolutely loved Vacations from Hell - did you read the other anthologies out there too? Those Gifted books look fabulous - I'll have to add them to my list.

Jacqueline C wrote: June 21, 2009 at 6:19 PM

I want Vacations from Hell! Lucky you!

Amelia wrote: June 21, 2009 at 7:45 PM

I got Vacations From Hell too. It's been good so far. Hope you're enjoying all your books!

Bookgeek wrote: June 22, 2009 at 9:28 PM

Vacations from Hell look wonderful...

SABAA TAHIR Book Launch: AN EMBER IN THE ASHES
Tuesday, April 28 @ 7:30pm

The Epic Reads YA Tour featuring Susane Colasanti, Maria Dahvana Headley and Katie Contugno.
A Great Good Place in Montclair Village
Wednesday, April 29 @ 7 pm

California BOOKSTORE Day |Independent Bookstore Day
Saturday, May 2, 2015
At your local Indie bookstores. Please come and join them at various locations throughout the SF Bay Area for their BOOKSTORE day celebrations.
Books Inc.
Great Good Place
Green Apple Books
Hicklebee's
Kepler's
Mrs. Dalloway's
Just to name a few. If you would like to know about more bookstores in the SF Bay Area check out this page that will show you all those bookstores that are participating http://indiemap.bookweb.org/

YA Event of Awesome with authors TRICIA STIRLING, ANNAMEEKEE HESIK, STACEY LEE, HEIDI KLING, TAMARA IRELAND STONE AND LYNN CARTHAGE
Hickleebee's in San Jose
Friday, May 8 @ 7pm

NYMBC YA Hoopla
Featuring: Tamara Ireland Stone, Virginia Boecker, Stephanie Keuhn, Alexis Bass, Veronica Rossi, Katherine Longshore and many more
Saturday, May 9 @4pm

MICHAEL BUCKLEY
Saturday, May 9 @ 3pm

Fierce Reads 2015 Spring Tour with Katie Finn, Lynne Matson, Marie Rutkoski and Lindsay Smith
Keplers in Menlo Park
Tuesday, May 12 @ 6pm

NYMBC Presents the Summer of Swoon Tour: SANDY HALL, KATIE VAN ARK, TEMPLE WEST and KIMBERLY KARALIUS

JODI PICOULT & SAMANTHA VAN LEER