Waiting on Wednesday: Demon Chick by Marilyn Kaye

Jill over at Breaking the Spine started this and I believe that it's awesome" This blog post is to alert those that visit about "the" book that we cannot wait to get our hands on. I have decided to participate because I have a list that can go on forever and ever and it is interesting to see what else others are "waiting" for also.
My choice for this week is Demon Chick by Marilyn Kaye. The premise sounds promising. The cover is wicked cool and Marilyn's books rock my socks.

Demon Chick by Marilyn Kaye
Reading level: Young Adult
Hardcover: 224 pages
Publisher: Henry Holt and Co. (BYR) (September 15, 2009)

Jessica may not have the warmest relationship with her mother, aspiring presidential candidate Margaret Hunsucker, but it still comes as a shock when she discovers that her mother has sold her to the devil. Will she have to spend eternity in hell with one of Satan’s minions, a demon named Brad? Brad takes pains to explain that they live in one of hell’s better neighborhoods, and he seems like a nice enough guy—but still! And things only get worse when Jessica learns the full extent of her mother’s evil plans. Can she and Brad come up with a plan to save the world?

These and other pressing questions are all answered in Marilyn Kaye’s delightfully satirical Demon Chick

7 comments on "Waiting on Wednesday: Demon Chick by Marilyn Kaye"

Ladybug wrote: June 17, 2009 at 4:34 AM

This book sounds like fun!

Crystal wrote: June 17, 2009 at 7:09 AM

This sounds really good. I'll have to check this out.

Mine is here

Reverie wrote: June 17, 2009 at 7:11 AM

ooooh i am not so fancy on the cover but i kinda like the premise. thanks Nancy for sharing another great find!

GreenBeanTeenQueen wrote: June 17, 2009 at 7:14 AM

I was looking at my blog feed at work (I wokr at a library) this morning and an older lady came up when I had this cover pulled up. She said "well that's a sexy cover!" LOL The books does sound like fun.

Jacqueline C wrote: June 17, 2009 at 10:22 AM

This sounds like a fun read. Here are mine: (1) and (2)

Kate wrote: June 17, 2009 at 11:43 AM

This sounds like a great read!

Anonymous wrote: September 7, 2009 at 5:16 AM

Hi, I hope my book lives up to your expectations! All good wishes, Marilyn Kaye

Fierce Reads 2015 Spring Tour with Katie Finn, Lynne Matson, Marie Rutkoski and Lindsay Smith
Keplers in Menlo Park
Tuesday, May 12 @ 6pm

NYMBC Presents the Summer of Swoon Tour: SANDY HALL, KATIE VAN ARK, TEMPLE WEST and KIMBERLY KARALIUS

JODI PICOULT & SAMANTHA VAN LEER
Friday, May 22 @ 6pm

Book launch party for MICHELLE TEA

Books Inc. in SF on Market st.
Tuesday, June 2 @ 7pm

VIRGINIA BOECKER Book Launch

NYMBC presents YA MADNESS with: STACEY LEE, JEN BROOKS, LEE KELLY, KELLY LOY GILBERT and VIRGINIA BOECKER
Books Inc. in Mountain View