IMMB: 8/16/09

In My Mailbox lets you peek into the contents of my mailbox on a weekly basis. I am listing all the lovely books that I have aquired this week. If you would like to participate and have your own “In My Mailbox” post, you can find more information here on the Story Siren's blog, where it all began..(This post was inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie.)

This week the book fairie was very good to me. I have already read one book and am devouring another :)

Dreaming Anastasia by Joy Preble
All Unquiet Things by Anna Jarzab
(Re)Cycler by Lauren McLaughlin
Diary of a Witness by Catherine Ryan Hyde
Love is a Higher Law by David Levithan
The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting
Saving Maddie by Varian Johnson
They Never Came Back by Caroline B. Cooney
Dream Life by Lauren Mechling
Poisoned Honey by Beatrice Gormley

It has been a good week. All the books seem to be excellent reads with great stories. The Body Finder and They Never Came Back are the ones I want to devour first :) YUM!!

Here is a snippet of They Never Came Back by Caroline B. Cooney:

In a busy school cafeteria, a teenage girl is confronted by a classmate who questions her identity. He explains to the students who have crowded around that the girl bears an uncanny resemblance to his cousin, who was taken away by social services five years ago. Her parents abandoned her, fleeing the country after being accused of embezzling millions of dollars. The students are intrigued, but the girl shrugs off the attention as a case of mistaken identity.

As the days pass, however, the boy refuses to relent and even brings his parents in to back him up. But they are not the only adults involved. An FBI agent who has been working the case these past five years believes that whoever this girl is, she can serve as bait to help the FBI capture the fugitives. In this powerful novel that explores the possibility of mistaken identity, the evils of money and greed, and the heartfelt obligations of family and loyalty, Caroline B. Cooney has once again crafted a page-turner that will resonate with readers.

Sounds amazing? Right? I cannot wait to read it.
So What was in your mailbox this week?

21 comments on "IMMB: 8/16/09"

Reverie wrote: August 16, 2009 at 9:00 AM

AH!!! Lucky! What great books! Ya know how much I want Dreaming Anastasia!?!!? :D Miss ya and hope ur doing well!

Alea wrote: August 16, 2009 at 9:01 AM

Wowzers! I have Saving Maddie as an upcoming wow pick, sounds good!

Jazz wrote: August 16, 2009 at 9:04 AM

Whoa, Dreaming Anastasia sounds so cool! I have a love for the mystery of the missing Romanov daughter and Russian fairy tales.

katie wrote: August 16, 2009 at 9:05 AM

Wow you did get a ton of books this week and I think I want to read them all. Can't wait for your reviews. Enjoy!

Shalonda wrote: August 16, 2009 at 9:27 AM

I am so jealous that you got All Unquiet Things! I am dying to read it! Can't wait to see what you think!

Allison wrote: August 16, 2009 at 9:42 AM

Wow, great books! Enjoy :)

Erica wrote: August 16, 2009 at 9:46 AM

So many great books! Happy Reading :)

Lizzy wrote: August 16, 2009 at 10:12 AM

You got some great books this week. I haven't read Cycler yet, so I should probably do that soon. Enjoy your books!

Windowpane Memoirs wrote: August 16, 2009 at 11:00 AM

Great books you got this week. Happy Reading!

Peace
Michelle

Jaime wrote: August 16, 2009 at 12:13 PM

Looks like a lot of fun books! What a nice haul

Enjoy!

Katie wrote: August 16, 2009 at 12:18 PM

I am counting the days for my pre-order of "Dreaming Anastasia" to ship. I'm so glad to see it popping up on blogs though. I'll have people to talk about it with.

And let's not even talk about how awesome every other book in that pile is. I'd be here for hours!

Happy reading!

Danielle wrote: August 16, 2009 at 12:38 PM

Dreaming Anastasia!!! I want that so bad :) You got some great books. I also got the Body Finder. It looks great as well. Happy Reading!

So Many Books, So Little Time wrote: August 16, 2009 at 1:25 PM

Great books this week! Poisoned Honey sounds interesting. Happy reading!

Fantastic Book Review wrote: August 16, 2009 at 4:13 PM

Great Week! So many interesting books! Happy Reading!

Rebecca wrote: August 17, 2009 at 2:35 AM

Awesome books you got this week. I have Cycler to read but I can't wait to read ReCycler. hope you enjoy reading all your books.

rebrebs wrote: August 17, 2009 at 11:29 AM

I cannot wait for Dreaming Anastasia & The Body Finder! I'll be looking for your reviews

Serena wrote: August 17, 2009 at 12:39 PM

Wow, what a great variety of books. Happy reading.

The Story Siren wrote: August 18, 2009 at 3:55 AM

WOW! That's all i can think WOW!! Those are awesome! a few i must have! hope you enjoy them all! happy reading!

Marie wrote: August 23, 2009 at 7:48 AM

Ewwwww... you got SO many good books this week I'm going to stop talking to you!

Lizzy wrote: August 23, 2009 at 9:05 AM

You got a bunch of great books this week! I'm excited for Dreaming Anastasia, which looks like a really interesting read. Hope you enjoy your books.

Rebecca wrote: August 23, 2009 at 6:23 PM

You got heaps of great books this week. Hope you enjoy reading them all.