September 10th? Where are you going to be?

OK! I know I am always a day late and a dollar short, but HELLO!!! Where was I when these promo picture for Vampire Diaries came out? I have to admit that I have not read this series and am debating because I don't want to be disappointed if the series does not live up to the books i.e. True Blood. Don't get me wrong I love True Blood, but it is so loosely based on the Sookie books that I love. This fact is something that I have accepted and thus can enjoy both as separate entities. So, since I have not read this series by L. J. Smith (yet) I will just enjoy the show. Come September 10th @ 8pm I will be glued to my TV. What can I say...I am a SUCKER for vamps.
OK super HOT promo picture. YOWZA!!

So, are any of you going to watch?? and if you could have any of your favorite reads turned into a tv show, which one would you like to see?

10 comments on "September 10th? Where are you going to be?"

Letter Garden wrote: August 20, 2009 at 4:43 AM

Switch the brothers and dye her hair BLOND!

I'm going to watch it and definitely critique everything they're doing wrong. :P

The Hunger Games trilogy would make an awesome series/movie. 12 days till Catching Fire! Haww.....

Katiebabs a.k.a KB wrote: August 20, 2009 at 4:48 AM

Can we say menage a promo picture? wow.

Donna Gambale wrote: August 20, 2009 at 6:25 AM

I'm definitely going to watch, and try to keep it separate from the books. But seriously, could the main girls (Elena included) be any more anorexic looking?

Orchid wrote: August 20, 2009 at 8:34 AM

No, I loved the books and I afraid the show just might ruin the whole (book) series for me. I'll stick with watching Supernatural.

Serena wrote: August 20, 2009 at 3:29 PM

I had no idea that these books were going to be made into a television series....ooo excitement! I haven't read these books yet, but I would love to see it on tv

GreenBeanTeenQueen wrote: August 20, 2009 at 4:07 PM

I'm going to watch and honestly, I think the show is going to be better than the books (I read the first two and really disliked them) But I think that's good because I won't be worrying so much about what they get wrong and I can enjoy the show for what it is.

Jessica Kennedy wrote: August 20, 2009 at 4:27 PM

I too haven't read them and yes I do plan to watch the show! :)

And these are YA books!?!? Crazy promo ads! :)

Bookworm wrote: August 20, 2009 at 6:20 PM

Never read the books, but this TV show looks awesome! I love how people are saying that this is a rip-off of Twilight....these books were written way before Twilight!

Ladybug wrote: August 21, 2009 at 4:01 AM

That picture was pretty steaming hot =D I haven't read the books but I'm really looking forward to watching the series.

Bookworm: I posted about the Vampire Diaries series on my Norweigan book blog a little while back and I had to set a few people straigh when they said that it looked like a Twilight rip-off LOL.

vvb32 reads wrote: August 23, 2009 at 6:26 PM

i'll be in front of my tv too ;-D