September 10th? Where are you going to be?

OK! I know I am always a day late and a dollar short, but HELLO!!! Where was I when these promo picture for Vampire Diaries came out? I have to admit that I have not read this series and am debating because I don't want to be disappointed if the series does not live up to the books i.e. True Blood. Don't get me wrong I love True Blood, but it is so loosely based on the Sookie books that I love. This fact is something that I have accepted and thus can enjoy both as separate entities. So, since I have not read this series by L. J. Smith (yet) I will just enjoy the show. Come September 10th @ 8pm I will be glued to my TV. What can I say...I am a SUCKER for vamps.
OK super HOT promo picture. YOWZA!!

So, are any of you going to watch?? and if you could have any of your favorite reads turned into a tv show, which one would you like to see?

10 comments on "September 10th? Where are you going to be?"

Letter Garden wrote: August 20, 2009 at 4:43 AM

Switch the brothers and dye her hair BLOND!

I'm going to watch it and definitely critique everything they're doing wrong. :P

The Hunger Games trilogy would make an awesome series/movie. 12 days till Catching Fire! Haww.....

Katiebabs a.k.a KB wrote: August 20, 2009 at 4:48 AM

Can we say menage a promo picture? wow.

Donna Gambale wrote: August 20, 2009 at 6:25 AM

I'm definitely going to watch, and try to keep it separate from the books. But seriously, could the main girls (Elena included) be any more anorexic looking?

Orchid wrote: August 20, 2009 at 8:34 AM

No, I loved the books and I afraid the show just might ruin the whole (book) series for me. I'll stick with watching Supernatural.

Serena wrote: August 20, 2009 at 3:29 PM

I had no idea that these books were going to be made into a television excitement! I haven't read these books yet, but I would love to see it on tv

GreenBeanTeenQueen wrote: August 20, 2009 at 4:07 PM

I'm going to watch and honestly, I think the show is going to be better than the books (I read the first two and really disliked them) But I think that's good because I won't be worrying so much about what they get wrong and I can enjoy the show for what it is.

Jessica Kennedy wrote: August 20, 2009 at 4:27 PM

I too haven't read them and yes I do plan to watch the show! :)

And these are YA books!?!? Crazy promo ads! :)

Bookworm wrote: August 20, 2009 at 6:20 PM

Never read the books, but this TV show looks awesome! I love how people are saying that this is a rip-off of Twilight....these books were written way before Twilight!

Ladybug wrote: August 21, 2009 at 4:01 AM

That picture was pretty steaming hot =D I haven't read the books but I'm really looking forward to watching the series.

Bookworm: I posted about the Vampire Diaries series on my Norweigan book blog a little while back and I had to set a few people straigh when they said that it looked like a Twilight rip-off LOL.

vvb32 reads wrote: August 23, 2009 at 6:26 PM

i'll be in front of my tv too ;-D

@ravenousreader on INSTAGRAM

I have compiled all the SF, bay area YA events in this section. If you know of any events that I have failed to post, please let me know. Also, please keep in mind that some events may change and it is always best to verify any event prior to attendance.

Books Inc. Opera Plaza
Sunday, November 15 @ 5pm
Get your tickets HERE

Hello, fellow readers! Look at the upcoming events in our marvelous SF Bay Area for next year. There are some events that are coming out that I cannot post about yet, but believe me when I tell you they are made of awesome.

Friday, January 15 @ 7pm