MOVIE NEWS: WICKED LOVEY film

Universal makes 'Wicked' deal

Thompson to adapt first book in Marr's series

'Wicked Lovely'

Universal Pictures has acquired screen rights to "Wicked Lovely," the bestselling first book in a fantasy series written by Melissa Marr that will see its fourth installment published next year by Harper Collins.

The studio bought the book to be produced by Wild West Picture Show Prods., and has hired "Edward Scissorhands" scribe Caroline Thompson to adapt it.

Wild West is Vince Vaughn's U-based shingle.

The protagonist is a 17-year-old girl who can see fairies, and must fend off the advances of a fairy king determined to marry her to save the planet from his vengeful mother.

CAA brokered the book deal with Writers House and ICM reps Thompson.

This article was posted in VARIETY here

CONGRATS MELISSA!!

12 comments on "MOVIE NEWS: WICKED LOVEY film"

cait045 wrote: September 16, 2009 at 5:23 AM

I would love to see this as a movie!!!!

elnice wrote: September 16, 2009 at 6:07 AM

Wow, that is exciting. This would make a great movie!

Silvia wrote: September 16, 2009 at 6:54 AM

Wow Iim impatient to see how they adapt the book to the big screen.

rebrebs wrote: September 16, 2009 at 8:52 AM

That's so awesome, I knew it would happen, its so popular right now to adapt teen books into movies

ReaderGirl wrote: September 16, 2009 at 10:23 AM

OMG I'm so excited Wicked Lovely is AMAZING!

Letter Garden wrote: September 16, 2009 at 10:36 AM

THAT'S SO COOL!!! *__*

Dani. wrote: September 16, 2009 at 12:04 PM

Yay! Soooo excited. :)

La Coccinelle wrote: September 16, 2009 at 12:48 PM

I have to say, I'm not a fan of the book. However, this may be one of those cases where the movie turns out to be much better than the book... so this could be a good thing.

Rhiannon Hart wrote: September 16, 2009 at 3:13 PM

I really need to read my copy, it's just been sitting around for ages!

Addicted Book Reader wrote: September 16, 2009 at 3:32 PM

That's so awesome!

vvb32 reads wrote: September 17, 2009 at 12:18 PM

exciting!
BTW: you've just been awarded

EGuevara wrote: September 22, 2009 at 7:52 AM

I haven't even read this book yet but I would see this movie in a heart beat!