In My Mailbox: 10/18/09

In My Mailbox lets you peek into the contents of my mailbox on a weekly basis. I am listing all the lovely books that I have aquired this week. If you would like to participate and have your own “In My Mailbox” post, you can find more information here on the Story Siren's blog, where it all began..(This post was inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie

This week was so squee worthy. First I get a WOW book of mine INCARCERON, from Sophie at So Many Book, So Little Time blog. Thank you loads! Then I recieved a little surprise from Simon and Schuster in regards to HUSH, HUSH one of my top favorite reads of the year.

For Review
The Dragon Book
Stupid Cupid by Rhonda Stapleton

Purchased
Hold Still by Nina LaCour
The Sky Always Hears me and the hills don't mind
by Kristin Cronn-Mills

Recieved
Incarceron by Catherine Fisher (Thank you Sophie!!)
Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

Thank you Becca Fitzpatrick and those responsible at Simon and Schuster for this wonderful gift. I adore the HUSH, HUSH
book cover more than most covers that I covet and to have a poster of it is just beyond anything I can imagine. I am going to get that bad boy framed :)
So this was my great week, how was yours? What was in your mailbox?

21 comments on "In My Mailbox: 10/18/09"

Dani. wrote: October 17, 2009 at 7:51 PM

Yeah, i'm totally jealous of your books this week. They all look amazing(besides The Dragon Book due I've never heard of it)!
Hope you enjoy!

-Dani.

Cindy wrote: October 17, 2009 at 7:52 PM

Great books this week!!!! Stupid Cupid looks great!!!!

Lauren wrote: October 17, 2009 at 7:56 PM

I got the same gift in the mail from Becca and Simon and Schuster this week too! I can't wait to hang one of the posters up in my room. :) Anyway, great books this week! Stupid Cupid looks really good!

Rebecca wrote: October 17, 2009 at 8:17 PM

Great books you got this week. They all look really good. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

Michelle wrote: October 17, 2009 at 8:40 PM

Great books! You've got a bunch that I want to read. And Oh! I'm reading Hush, Hush at the moment and I can't stop gushing about it in everyone's bookshelf posts haha. And I agree about loving the cover more than usual. The poster is gorgeous...Lucky you! ;)

Anna wrote: October 17, 2009 at 9:22 PM

You got some good books this week. I'm picking up Hush, Hush on Monday, can't wait to read it.

ReggieWrites wrote: October 17, 2009 at 10:57 PM

OMG! You got the Hush, Hush package! Lucky you =) Have fun reading all of your books =)

LovesSam wrote: October 18, 2009 at 1:42 AM

Hush Hush is great isn't it!!!! I love Patch very mucho.

Great Haul and congrats on Incarceron, I seriously need to read my copy

So Many Books, So Little Time wrote: October 18, 2009 at 1:44 AM

Glad you got Incarceron, Nancy. Hope you enjoy it!

PolishOutlander wrote: October 18, 2009 at 5:02 AM

Dragon Book? I think I'll want to get my hands on that one. What a great week. Happy reading!

~The Book Pixie wrote: October 18, 2009 at 8:21 AM

You got some really great books! I hope you enjoy them. :)

~Briana

Kate wrote: October 18, 2009 at 9:55 AM

You got some great books! Happy reading =D

I love coming to your blog for the background, font and general design alone. Let along, the superb content.

TheBookShopaholic wrote: October 18, 2009 at 11:41 AM

Awesome books!

Bookworm wrote: October 18, 2009 at 2:49 PM

Stupid Cupid? I am so jealous, that book looks ADORABLE!

curlygirl wrote: October 18, 2009 at 3:19 PM

RAVENOUS READER:
*I* am curlygirl[at]gmail[dot]com. i've been getting dozens of emails for you, and dismissing them as spam, but you should probably update your contact email on this site if you want to receive them.

Allison wrote: October 18, 2009 at 3:31 PM

I am so excited to read Hold Still! Enjoy

Faye wrote: October 18, 2009 at 3:42 PM

great books! I got incareron 2! happy reading!!!

Tena wrote: October 18, 2009 at 4:09 PM

awesome haul this week, enjoy them all!

Bookgeek wrote: October 18, 2009 at 6:19 PM

Lucky, luck you. Love, love, love Hush Hush as you know. How are you liking Fallen? I've just received a copy and it looks great...

Sheila (bookjourney) wrote: October 18, 2009 at 8:58 PM

Love how you do the picture frames for the books! Another Hush Hush! I am so wanting that one!

Serena wrote: October 19, 2009 at 3:54 PM

Looks like you got some great books. Happy reading.

I am an avid reader from Northern California and if you are a publisher and would like to have your Young Adult book reviewed, please email me. I accept ARCs, as well as books that have already been released. I am also more than happy to do author interviews, guest posts, and contests to promote your book as long as they are in the Young Adult genre. Please check my review policy prior to sending me an email, thank you. curlyshoe(at)gmail(dot)com

I have compiled all the SF, bay area YA events in this section. If you know of any events that I have failed to post, please let me know. Also, please keep in mind that some events may change and it is best to verify all events prior to attendance.

LAINI TAYLOR

BRANDY COLBERT and STEPHANIE KUEHN
Saturday, May 31 @ 7:30pm

FIERCE READS TOUR 2014
Leigh Bardugo, Ava Dellaria, Emmy Laybourne, Jennifer Malhieu
Wednesday, June 18 TIME TBA

JULY

Not YA but a favorite author of mine
DEBORAH HARKNESS