In My Mailbox: 10/25/09

In My Mailbox lets you peek into the contents of my mailbox on a weekly basis. I am listing all the lovely books that I have aquired this week. If you would like to participate and have your own “In My Mailbox” post, you can find more information here on the Story Siren's blog, where it all began..(This post was inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie
This Week I have recieved a few items from authors and I attended a debut book signing for a local bay area author.

To start of this week, I won The Naughty List contest hosted by Suzanne Young. The prize package included a signed copy (ARC) of The Naughty List and then cool canvas bag with the book cover posted on it. A few book marks, post cards and stickers and even a mirrored key chain. How strawberry smoothie is that? Totally cool and thank you, so much Suzanne :)
Next, I recieved this great music magazine and cool buttons from Yvonne Prinz on the VINYL Princess website HERE

Her YA book The Vinyl Princess will hit the shelves on December 22, 2009. She is also another SF bay area author . How super cool is that? I am so excited to have such great talent so close to home.

I also attended a book signing for another local debut YA author, Nina LaCour. The event was hosted at the Diesel bookstore in Oakland and it was packed, standing room only. I had a very enjoyable time and it was wonderful to be a part of something so important to an author. Nina, was more than gracious and warm and I wish her much success.

DON'T FORGET THIS IS THE LAST WEEK FOR MY ZOMBIE CONTEST HERE

16 comments on "In My Mailbox: 10/25/09"

Bookworm wrote: October 24, 2009 at 5:37 PM

Great week in books, huh? The Naughty List looks really cute, and the Vinyl Princess sounds awesome! Did you know Yvonne Prinz owns Amoeba Music in San Francisco? I think it's so cool! And how neat that you got to meet Nina LaCour (I love her name)!

Callie wrote: October 24, 2009 at 7:25 PM

Looks great. I really want to read The Naughty List and Vinyl Princess so that stuff looks really good. Enjoy!!

B.A.M. Book Reviews wrote: October 24, 2009 at 7:51 PM

Dang!!! Awesome week!! I love all that Naughty List swag and book! That is so cool! I really want to read Hold Still! Enjoy! :)

-Arielle

Rebecca wrote: October 24, 2009 at 9:35 PM

Awesome week you sure got a lot of swag. Enjoy.

Lea wrote: October 24, 2009 at 9:40 PM

Wowza, some awesome swag! Hold Still sounds amazing, I'm waiting for my review copy to come in the mail! AH! You met her? Lucky!

Have fun reading!

austenfan wrote: October 24, 2009 at 9:58 PM

That prize pack looks so cute! Congrats! :)

So Many Books, So Little Time wrote: October 25, 2009 at 2:42 AM

I really love the sound of The Naughty List. Hope you enjoy your books!

ExtremeReader wrote: October 25, 2009 at 6:51 AM

Great week! Love all the swag you won! Jealous!&*#!

Erica wrote: October 25, 2009 at 9:09 AM

I love all the stuff you won in The Naughty List contest! It's so cute!

Kate wrote: October 25, 2009 at 10:31 AM

Congrats on winning the swag! Happy reading =D

ladystorm wrote: October 25, 2009 at 10:40 AM

Not heard of the books you got! Nice list!

Yay! Reads wrote: October 25, 2009 at 12:46 PM

The cover for Hold Still is fantastic! Enjoy your prizes :)

Alexia561 wrote: October 25, 2009 at 6:16 PM

Congrats on winning such cool swag! And I love the format you used for this post! Very nice. Enjoy!

shelburns wrote: October 25, 2009 at 6:31 PM

Awesome prize pack...congrats! Hold Still has a great looking cover!

Emily wrote: October 25, 2009 at 6:57 PM

Congratulations on your prize packs! I went to the website for The Vinyl Princess and it looks excellent. Enjoy!

Emily
What Book is That?

Katie wrote: October 30, 2009 at 11:20 AM

Super jealous of "The Naughty List." Can't wait to get my hands on that book.

Happy reading!

I am an avid reader from Northern California and if you are a publisher and would like to have your Young Adult book reviewed, please email me. I accept ARCs, as well as books that have already been released. I am also more than happy to do author interviews, guest posts, and contests to promote your book as long as they are in the Young Adult genre. Please check my review policy prior to sending me an email, thank you. curlyshoe(at)gmail(dot)com

I have compiled all the SF, bay area YA events in this section. If you know of any events that I have failed to post, please let me know. Also, please keep in mind that some events may change and it is best to verify all events prior to attendance.

LAINI TAYLOR

BRANDY COLBERT and STEPHANIE KUEHN
Saturday, May 31 @ 7:30pm

FIERCE READS TOUR 2014
Leigh Bardugo, Ava Dellaria, Emmy Laybourne, Jennifer Malhieu
Wednesday, June 18 TIME TBA

JULY

Not YA but a favorite author of mine
DEBORAH HARKNESS