A month worth of Author Fabulousness!

The past thirty days I have been most blessed to see some of my favorite authors. It all began with the wonderful Michelle Zink and then Malinda Lo, Kristin Cashore, Scott Westerfeld, Sarah Rees Brennan, James Dashner and Heidi Kling.

I wanted to thank all of them for being so gracious especially when I go all fan girl. Thanks also to my friends both old and new that have been constant companions on these events.
I had the most amazing time visiting with Michelle Zink, she is an amazing author and friend.
I had the most awesome time seeing Sarah Rees Brennan and Scott Westerfeld on their book tour. Scott had a wonderful slide show presentation that was simply amazing.Kepler's book store hosted the event and they made this tented entrace that demonstrated the belly of the beast.Scott Westerfeld and Sarah Rees BrennanThe lovely Sarah Rees Brennan is signing my bookSarah and Scott signing books for the many attendee's
Me and Kristin Cashore, yup I went all fan girl with her. She was a joy to listen to and meet. Kristin read a bit from Fire and then she demonstrated her writing notebook
Can you believe that Kristin writes her books in a notebook then uses voices recognition to trascribe her work onto her pc. That picture your looking at is her current work in progress Bitterblue. SQUEE!!My friend Amanda with one of my favorite pictures from the night.
Alicia from Shooting Stars Mag with Kristin Cashore
My bay area book lovers gang. We met James Dasher in Oakland. James was the nicest man and we all had a great eveningThe night I went to see Kristin Cashore, Heidi Kling showed off her ARC for Sea. Isn't it pretty?
It has been a great month and there are many other events and authors to meet and I cannot wait.

12 comments on "A month worth of Author Fabulousness!"

RKCharron wrote: October 14, 2009 at 3:51 AM

Hi :)
Thank you for the great post!
I loved the pictures, thank you for sharing them.
It looked like you had a marvelous time.
*squashes envy*
;)
All the best,
RKCharron
xoxo

Ladybug wrote: October 14, 2009 at 4:16 AM

You lucky girl! It sounds like so much fun and thanks for sharing the pictures! I'm a little jealous I have to admit it.

So nice to see you! You're a pretty girl, Ravenous Reader, and you have the kind of smile that makes others want to smile as well =D

marie wrote: October 14, 2009 at 5:29 AM

Wow- I love your new lay-out & font and that's so awesome about all the author events!!

elnice wrote: October 14, 2009 at 5:45 AM

Fantastic pics, I am so envious. Great month of sharing.

Reverie wrote: October 14, 2009 at 6:48 AM

OH MAN! Looks like you had a blast! LOL Michelle looks THRILLED to be there! JK JK

Katie wrote: October 14, 2009 at 9:16 AM

Ahhhhhhh, I am so jealous of you! I love going out and meeting authors, and these are some of my favs.

Thank you so much for sharing. :D

Diana Dang wrote: October 14, 2009 at 12:45 PM

Oh you are lucky! I wish I get to see my favourite authors but unfortunately, they never really head up north to Canada.

Heidi R. Kling wrote: October 14, 2009 at 1:16 PM

What a run-down! You've had quite a month. Thanks for including me and SEA on here. =DDD

Insert Book Title wrote: October 14, 2009 at 7:37 PM

Looks like you had fun. Wished I could have went!

James Dashner wrote: October 14, 2009 at 7:57 PM

It was so great to meet you! And an honor to be mentioned with all these great authors. You rock! Keep up the good blog work....

Shelli wrote: October 15, 2009 at 7:00 AM

whoa - that is full of awesomeness

Allie wrote: October 15, 2009 at 12:23 PM

Oh how cool! I haven't had the opportunity to meet many writers in person. I think it's got to be so interesting to see them in person when you've enjoyed their work so much!