In My Mailbox: 11/8/09

In My Mailbox lets you peek into the contents of my mailbox on a weekly basis. I am listing all the lovely books that I have aquired this week. If you would like to participate and have your own “In My Mailbox” post, you can find more information here on the Story Siren's blog, where it all began..(This post was inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie

This week I acquired some amazing reads that I am very greatful for having.

Purchased:

The Morganville Vampires by Rachel Caine

Glass Houses and Dead Girls Don't Dance
Welcome to Morganville, Texas.

Just don't stay out after dark.

College freshman Claire Danvers has had enough of her nightmarish dorm situation, where the popular girls never let her forget just where she ranks in the school's social scene: somewhere less than zero.

When Claire heads off-campus, the imposing old house where she finds a room may not be much better. Her new roommates don't show many signs of life. But they'll have Claire's back when the town's deepest secrets come crawling out, hungry for fresh blood.

My friends have insisted that I read this book and so on the insistance from my good friend Sarah. I decided to give it a try

For Review:
The Snow Ball Effect by Holly Nicole Hoxter

18-year-old Lainey Pike can tell you everything you need to know about the people in her family just by telling you how they died. Her reckless stepfather drove his motorcycle off the highway and caused the biggest traffic jam in years. Her long-suffering grandmother lived through cancer and a heart attack before finally succumbing to a stroke. And Lainey's mother, still devastated over her husband's death, hung herself in the basement just days after Lainey's high school graduation. Now Lainey's five-year-old brother is an orphan and her estranged older sister moves back home to act as his guardian. Dealing with her brother has always been a struggle, but sharing the responsibility with her sister is proving to be just as challenging.

Lainey knows that this is all her mother's fault, but she also knows that she eventually has to move out of the "anger" phase of the grieving process. What she can't figure out, though, is how to make peace with a dead woman.

This was my week, how was yours?

20 comments on "In My Mailbox: 11/8/09"

Sara wrote: November 7, 2009 at 7:42 PM

I read THE SNOWBALL EFFECT and loved it- I hope you do too!

Book Crazy Jenn wrote: November 7, 2009 at 7:42 PM

OHH Morganville Vampire's that's on my list too - I got the whole series this week...Really looking forward to reading them, from what I hear they are REALLY good...

Enjoy your books this week.

Faye wrote: November 7, 2009 at 7:49 PM

Love the new Morganville cover 2 in 1 book thingy lol. I'm soooo getting it :D Happy reading!!

Sunshine Edition wrote: November 7, 2009 at 8:21 PM

ooh jealous of the snowball effect! Happy Reading

Jennie Smith wrote: November 7, 2009 at 8:39 PM

Great books this week! Happy reading!!

xoxo
jennie

Rebecca wrote: November 7, 2009 at 9:08 PM

Great books you got. The covers are all really cool. Enjoy.

Diana Dang wrote: November 7, 2009 at 9:38 PM

Enjoy your novels!

Kathy Martin wrote: November 7, 2009 at 9:38 PM

I read the first few Morganville Vampires and then got tired of them. I still buy them but they are languishing in my massive TBR pile. I like Rachel Caine's Weather Warden series and don't know why I don't care for her Morganville Vampire series. I'll have to try them again one of these days.

Catherine (On The Nightstand) wrote: November 7, 2009 at 9:44 PM

Hooray for The Morganville Vampires! I really love that series, and I hope you do too. :)

Thao wrote: November 8, 2009 at 1:05 AM

The Snowball Effect!!!!!!! I'm so jealous of you. Can't wait to hear what you think about it.

Lauren wrote: November 8, 2009 at 1:48 AM

I think The Snowball Effect sounds really great. Hope you enjoy it.

LovesSam wrote: November 8, 2009 at 2:18 AM

I just read the first Morganville books and they're really really good, i loved them. Hope you enjoy them as much as I did :-)
Happy Reading

So Many Books, So Little Time wrote: November 8, 2009 at 3:22 AM

The Morganville Vampires are one of my favourite series. I think you'll love them!

Jo wrote: November 8, 2009 at 5:23 AM

Great haul! I absolutely LOVE The Morganville Vampires series! They are so fantastic! I so hope you enjoy them! The second story is actually called The Dead Girls Dance - as in a party. :) Happy reading, and I look forward to your reviews!

The Story Siren wrote: November 8, 2009 at 7:07 AM

oh nice! i didn't know morganville vamps were getting new covers! and it looks like two book in one... how cool! and snowball effect sounds awesome too! happy reading!

Leslie wrote: November 8, 2009 at 10:08 AM

morganville vamps is awesome! and i want to read the snowball effect sooo bad!

Tena wrote: November 8, 2009 at 10:50 AM

awesome books this week
Hapy reading and enjoy the places these books will take you!
Ü

P.S. Here is mine if you want to take a peek

Jessica W. (Book Bound) wrote: November 8, 2009 at 1:31 PM

The books both look GREAT! I am adding The Snow Effect to my TBR pile. : D

Hope you enjoy them!

Jessica W. - Book Bound

loreleimarsh wrote: November 8, 2009 at 7:48 PM

Looks good. Enjoy!

brizmus wrote: November 9, 2009 at 2:37 AM

Oh! The Snowball Effect looks so cute (or morbid?)! And I have got to check out these Morganville Vampire books!