An author guest blog with Chloe Neill

Today I have the pleasure of hosting a guest blog with Chloe Neill, author of FIRESPELL. Chloe is also the author of the Chicagoland vampires and she is giving us a holiday treat.

A CHICAGOLAND CHRISTMAS

I recently had the opportunity to sit down with Merit, Mallory, Jeff and Ethan, some of the main cast of characters in
my CHICAGOLAND VAMPIRES series, as they celebrated the holidays. I asked a few questions and got a few answers,
which I thought I'd share with you!

Chloe: Good evening, everyone. How are things?

Jeff: *glancing at Merit* Awesome.

Merit: *rolling her eyes* Great. Thanks, Chloe.

Ethan: *also rolling his eyes*

Mallory: *nibbling on the end of a peppermint stick* Things are fabu.

Chloe: Great. Let's start off with your holiday plans. Anything big on the agenda?

Merit: Mallory and I will be having dinner with my grandfather.

Mallory: Translation, Merit will be eating most of the meatloaf.

Merit: Hey, you've had my grandfather's meatloaf. You know how good it is.

Mallory: True. It is pretty good. God's own meatloaf, you might say.

Jeff: *nudging Merit with a small, red box* I have something for you.

Merit: *taking box with quizzical expression* What's this?

Jeff: Your Christmas present. Or holiday present. Or whatever vampires celebrate. Open it.

Merit: *opening the box and pulling out a small bit of silk lingerie* Aw, Jeff. You shouldn't have. Really. And I mean
that.

Mallory: Jeff, Jeff, Jeff. What's on your Christmas agenda?

Jeff: I'll be hanging out with the fam. Dinner at Grammy Christopher's, brunch at Grandpa Sherman's. Good times.

Chloe: That's great. I'm glad you're able to share time with friends and family. Any special items on your Christmas
wish list?

Merit: I've got tons of books on my Amazon wish list. *nudging Mallory* Hint, hint.

Mallory: Your lump of coal is already in your stocking. Next!

Jeff: Is 'Merit' an acceptable answer? Nah, seriously, there are a couple of terabyte externals I've been looking at, and I
wouldn't mind having a DSI. Texts and RPG in a single device? Yes, please.

Mallory: I'd like world peace. And maybe an attitude adjustment for my boyfriend.

Merit: Aw, you love him just the way he is.

Mallory: Yeah, I guess. But if he suddenly started bowing down to me, painting my toes and calling me 'goddess,' I
wouldn't complain.

Chloe: Well, thanks for that insight, Mal. How about any final holiday wishes?

Mallory: *poking Merit with a finger* I already called 'world peace.' So you can't say that.

Merit: How about Celina behind bars? Or turned to a pile of glittery ashes?

Mallory: Oh, nice one.

Jeff: I hope all my friends and family have a healthy, safe, and fun holidays.

Mallory: You really are a sweetie, you know that?

Jeff: *Blushing* Would you like to find out how sweet---

Chloe: *clamping hand over Jeff's mouth* And that's all we have time for right now. Thanks for dropping by, and a
Happy New Year to all!

7 comments on "An author guest blog with Chloe Neill"

Lorielle wrote: December 28, 2009 at 9:34 AM

From one avid book lover to another, I've got a fun little thing going on over at my blog, thought you might like to play along! It's here! Happy 2010.

RKCharron wrote: December 28, 2009 at 11:47 AM

Hi :)
Thank you Chloe for the characters interview!
I really enjoy reading them.
Happy Holidays!
RKCharron

ParaJunkee wrote: December 29, 2009 at 7:07 AM

That was a great character interview. Had me laughing.

Devi wrote: December 29, 2009 at 8:20 AM

Someone needs to check on Ethan. I think he rolled his eyes too far back and passed out.

Marielle wrote: December 29, 2009 at 10:54 AM

I agree with Devi. He turned to stone?

Princess Aurora wrote: December 29, 2009 at 2:30 PM

LOVED this! Chloe NEill was my favorite find last year!!!

puertoricorum wrote: December 30, 2009 at 7:22 AM

OMG I read this while I had a break in studying, and it gave me a full-hearted laugh that I missed since the start of exam period. Thanks Chloe