In My Mailbox: 2/ 21/2010

In My Mailbox lets you peek into the contents of my mailbox on a weekly basis. I am listing all the lovely books that I have aquired this week. If you would like to participate and have your own “In My Mailbox” post, you can find more information here on the Story Siren's blog, where it all began..(This post was inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie

This week was wicked good and I am still amazed by my good fortune.

THE DEAD-TOSSED WAVES by Carrie Ryan
THE HOUSE OF TOMORROW by Peter Bognanni
BLOOD NINJA by Nick Blake
SAVING MADDIE by Varian Johnson
**not shown**
SEA by Heidi R. Kling
INVISIBLE GIRL by Mary Stone Hanlon

32 comments on "In My Mailbox: 2/ 21/2010"

Reverie wrote: February 20, 2010 at 4:02 PM

SOOO Jealous!!! I want! I want them all! :P

Diana Dang wrote: February 20, 2010 at 4:08 PM

Nice! Enjoy!

Dahlia (TheBookShopaholic) wrote: February 20, 2010 at 4:15 PM

You got lots lots of great ones!

Kathy Martin wrote: February 20, 2010 at 4:25 PM

"Wicked good" is an understatement. You got a wonderful group of books this week. I so want to read Raised by Wolves. I hope you enjoy them all. Happy reading!

Kate wrote: February 20, 2010 at 4:26 PM

Wow, you had an amazing week! I am dying to read about half of those. Enjoy.

Rebecca Herman wrote: February 20, 2010 at 4:56 PM

you got great books, a few of those are in my to read pile

Bookgeek wrote: February 20, 2010 at 5:00 PM

Oh. My. You Got Radiant Shadows. Very very very jealous.

loreleimarsh wrote: February 20, 2010 at 5:07 PM

Wow. I think that's all I can say. You are very lucky. Hope you like them!

ninefly wrote: February 20, 2010 at 6:12 PM

quite a few interesting reads you got this week, I'll be checking out a few
enjoy your books! =)

Rebecca wrote: February 20, 2010 at 6:20 PM

Great books you got this week. Shadow Hills looks really good. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

The Story Siren wrote: February 20, 2010 at 6:41 PM

gah!! such good books! book envy! hope you enjoy! happy reading!

PolishOutlander wrote: February 20, 2010 at 7:02 PM

Siren sounds like a fun read! Happy reading!

Cassandra wrote: February 20, 2010 at 7:35 PM

You have The Dead-Tossed Waves! I am so incredibly jealous right now. I've been dying to read that book. I hope you enjoy it and the rest of your books!

Callie wrote: February 20, 2010 at 7:42 PM

wow!! so many good books!! Enjoy!!

Kate at Read This Book! wrote: February 20, 2010 at 8:39 PM

Woah! So many amazing books! You seem to have raided Egmont! =P Insanely jealous of EVERLASTING, THE TENSION OF OPPOSITES and SHADOW HILLS! Enjoy. =D

The Library Lurker wrote: February 20, 2010 at 9:09 PM

I am EXTREMELY envious of you right now! Great, great haul this week! Shadow Hills! Siren! Everlasting! Enjoy!

Kelly Peres wrote: February 20, 2010 at 9:09 PM

Three Words I ENVY YOU!! wowwwww awesome week for you!!
My IMM IS Here

Kelly
@MidnightGlance

Heidi R. Kling wrote: February 20, 2010 at 9:10 PM

So glad you got SEA!
I loved EVERLASTING too. Enjoy!

Little Miss Becky :) wrote: February 20, 2010 at 9:47 PM

Oh wow---SO jealous of The Reckoning!! I want it so bad! Lucky lucky you. :)
Lots of other great stuff there, too. Enjoy it all!

Book Monster wrote: February 20, 2010 at 11:24 PM

Lol lucky person, so many good books :) :) Hope you enjoy! Happy Reading!

Holly wrote: February 20, 2010 at 11:34 PM

A lot of people seem to have received A Tension of Opposites this week, can't wait to get my hands on it!

Check out my mailbox for the week :)

Bookalicious Ramblings wrote: February 21, 2010 at 1:54 AM

Suuuuper jealous of The Tension of Opposites! Great books though, happy reading! :D

Kate wrote: February 21, 2010 at 4:46 AM

Superb week! I hope you enjoy them. Happy reading :)

The Book Hour wrote: February 21, 2010 at 5:23 AM

Oooh, Raised by Wolves, Siren, Everlasting... you can swap bookshelves with me anytime! lol. I love the image of the old letter btw - this blog is really artistic! :-) x

So Many Books, So Little Time wrote: February 21, 2010 at 5:35 AM

Wow, great week! I'm so jealous of Sea and Radiant Shadows! Things I Know About Love is brilliant but very sad. Enjoy!

Michelle wrote: February 21, 2010 at 7:50 AM

Wow, there are sooooo many here that I want to read. Have fun with these! :D

Silvia wrote: February 21, 2010 at 10:40 AM

WOW amazing bunch of books. Wish I were you^^

Lizzy wrote: February 21, 2010 at 10:56 AM

Wow, that's a bunch of great books! Siren looks interesting, I'll have to check it out. Happy reading!

pirate penguin wrote: February 22, 2010 at 7:29 AM

THE RECKONINGGGGG.

*want*

Someone had a fantastic week, it seems! Happy reading. :)

Lori wrote: February 22, 2010 at 8:47 AM

WOW.. I want to read at least half of this books listed. Well done. Here's Mine.

Bere wrote: February 22, 2010 at 7:18 PM

Wow you got some awesome books! How
exciting! Happy reading =)

KarinLibrarian wrote: February 23, 2010 at 4:59 PM

So jealous! I want SHADOW HILLS, THE RECKONING, and RAISED BY WOLVES! Great week.

@ravenousreader on INSTAGRAM

I have compiled all the SF, bay area YA events in this section. If you know of any events that I have failed to post, please let me know. Also, please keep in mind that some events may change and it is always best to verify any event prior to attendance.

2016
JANUARY

Hello, fellow readers! Look at the upcoming events in our marvelous SF Bay Area for next year. There are some events that are coming out that I cannot post about yet, but believe me when I tell you they are made of awesome.

FEBRUARY

PARKER PEEVYHOUSE

Hicklebee's Bookstore in San Jose
Friday, February 12 @ 7pm

LINDA JOY SINGLETON and DANNA SMITH

Face in a Book in El Dorado Hills
Saturday, February 13 @12

MEG CABOT
Copperfield's in Santa Rosa
Saturday, February 13 @ 7pm

RUTA SEPETYS Book Event and Pizza Party
Great Good Place for Books in Montclair
Thursday, February 18 @ 6pm

PARKER PEEVYHOUSE, STACEY LEE, L.B. SCHULMAN, CHRISTY LENZI, TRACI CHEE, RAHUL KANAKIA, AND MORE
Milpitas Public Library in Milpitas

VERONICA ROSSI, CARAGH O'BRIEN and STEPHANIE KEUHN
Books Inc. Opera Plaza in San Francisco
Friday, March 18 @7pm

ALLY CONDIE

Rakestraw Books in Danville
Thursday, March 30 @ 7pm

PENGUIN TEEN ON TOUR with SABAA TAHIR, RACHEL HAWKINS, APRIL GENEVIEVE TUCHOLKE, ALYWN HAMILTON, ALISON GOODMAN and KAREN BAO
Thursday, March 30 @ 7pm