Waiting on Wednesday: ILLYRIA by Elizabeth Hand

Jill over at Breaking the Spine started this and I believe that it's awesome" This blog post is to alert those that visit about "the" book that we cannot wait to get our hands on.

This week's selection is ILLYRIA by Elizabeth Hand. The cover is gorgeous and the synopsis is making me want it now.

Madeleine and Rogan are first cousins, best friends, twinned souls, each other's first love. Even within their large, disorderly family - all descendants of a famous actress - their intensity and passion for theater sets them apart. It makes them a little dangerous. When they are cast in their school's production of Twelfth Night, they are forced to face their separate talents and futures, and their future together.
This stunning short novel, winner of the World Fantasy Award, is the perfect introduction to Elizabeth Hand's singular voice. Her many novels offer a window into what it means to create art, to experience it, to feel passionately about the world. Illyria throws her talent into high relief - it is magic on paper.

8 comments on "Waiting on Wednesday: ILLYRIA by Elizabeth Hand"

brizmus wrote: March 17, 2010 at 9:20 AM

ohla, this looks fantastic!

bookaholic wrote: March 17, 2010 at 9:45 AM

A different type of YA...very intriguing! I love the cover too!!

GMR wrote: March 17, 2010 at 9:56 AM

Sounds intriguing! (..and the cover is definitely an eye catcher!) Might have to take a look into this one for myself! Thanks for sharing....and happy reading!

Miss Remmers wrote: March 17, 2010 at 6:29 PM

I love the cover. But I'm a little weirded out with the first cousins falling in love and what not....I'm just saying.

Ladybug wrote: March 18, 2010 at 1:29 AM

I love the cover on this one, not sure if the story is for me.

Jessica wrote: March 18, 2010 at 10:08 AM

I gave your blog an award over at my blog!

GreenBeanTeenQueen wrote: March 18, 2010 at 10:25 AM

This looks amazing! Thanks for sharing.

Dwayne wrote: March 18, 2010 at 3:26 PM

Sounds great!

@ravenousreader on INSTAGRAM

I have compiled all the SF, bay area YA events in this section. If you know of any events that I have failed to post, please let me know. Also, please keep in mind that some events may change and it is always best to verify any event prior to attendance.

Copperfield's in Santa Rosa

A Great Good Place for Books in Montclair Village
Tuesday, October 20 @ 7pm

A Great Good Place for Books in Montclair Village

Diesel in Oakland

A Great Good Place for Books in Montclair

The Reading Bug in San Carlos
Tuesday, October 27 @ 6:30pm
Get your tickets HERE

Call or stop by your local Books Inc. to purchase your ticket
Books inc. at the Grand Lake Theater

Book Passage sponsored must purchase tickets

Books Inc. Opera Plaza