Waiting on Wednesday: NOBEL GENES by Rune Michaels

Jill over at Breaking the Spine started this and I believe that it's awesome" This blog post is to alert those that visit about "the" book that we cannot wait to get our hands on.

This week's choice is not normally in my vein of novels I enjoy to read but it's cover is eye catching and once my attention was captured I was intruged by its story. Now I want to read it, so there ya go.

It's tough to measure up to your parent' expectations. Imagine how much harder it would be if your mother told you that your biological father-whom you'd never met-was a Nobel prize -winning genius? What if, you found out that you'd been living a lie, and that the truth was darker than you could have imagined?

Does it matter who you come from? Or are we all just made of dust?

Nobel Genes will be out from Simon and Schuster summer 2010

Exerpt

Mom has taught me that genes are important. Half of what i am came from my dad. But he came from his parents and so on back through tthe ages, all the way back to the primordial soup I read about in cosmology book.

That's how I must think of it. I came from a puddle of mud back at the beginning of time. Everybody did.

What is your Waiting on Wednesday?

5 comments on "Waiting on Wednesday: NOBEL GENES by Rune Michaels"

So Many Books, So Little Time wrote: February 24, 2010 at 3:18 AM

This sounds really different to what's out there at the moment. I might give it a go!

ParaJunkee wrote: February 24, 2010 at 4:43 AM

This sounds interesting. Descended from a puddle of mud huh?? Great choice. Haven't heard of it before today. Thanks for sharing. ♥ Parajunkee

~THE OPTIMISTIC PESSIMIST ~ wrote: February 24, 2010 at 5:41 AM

Different choice!~!
I bet you can guess what mine was... :O)

PolishOutlander wrote: February 24, 2010 at 7:21 AM

Wow! This sounds really good. I'll have to check it out.

Terra wrote: February 24, 2010 at 3:02 PM

How very intriguing! Not necessarily the kind of book that I would normally pick up but the concept really grabs my attention. I think that I will keep an eye out for this one, too!

I have an award for you!

SEPTEMBER

JANDY NELSON, NINA LaCOUR and STEPHANIE KUEHN

SARA FARIZAN
Books Inc. on Market St.

JAMES FREY with John Hanke, VP of Google's Niantic Lab
Saturday, October 11 @ 6pm

BECCA FITZPATRICK, CHRISTINA LAUREN & KIERSTEN WHITE

FIERCE READS TOUR with GENNIFER ALBIN, NIKKI KELLY, JESSICA BRODY and MARISSA MEYER
Monday, October 13 @ 6:30pm