Waiting on Wednesday: Ascendant by Diana Peterfreund

Jill over at Breaking the Spine started this and I believe that it's awesome" This blog post is to alert those that visit about "the" book that we cannot wait to get our hands on.

After reading RAMPANT the only the only thing that I have wanted is to read it's sequel. Now ASCENDANT is that wish realized and I cannot wait. The cover is gorgeous and squee!! for this wonderful story continuing.

ASCENDANT
On Sale: 9/28/2010

Now a fully trained unicorn hunter, Astrid Llewelyn is learning that she can’t solve all her problems with a bow and arrow. Her boyfriend has left Rome, the Cloisters is in dire financial straits, her best friend’s powers are mysteriously disintegrating, and her hope of becoming a scientist seems to be nothing but an impossible dream.

So when she’s given the opportunity to leave the Cloisters and use her skills as part of a scientific quest to discover the Remedy, Astrid leaps at the chance. Finally, she can have exactly what she wants—or can she? At Gordian headquarters deep in France, Astrid begins to question everything she had believed: her love for Giovanni, her loyalty to the Cloisters, and—most of all—her duty as a hunter. Should Astrid be saving the world from killer unicorns or saving unicorns from the world?

That is my WOW, what is yours?

4 comments on "Waiting on Wednesday: Ascendant by Diana Peterfreund"

Diana Dang wrote: March 10, 2010 at 4:12 AM

It's a very nice cover. Never read Rampant yet tho.

Book Crazy Jenn wrote: March 10, 2010 at 5:56 AM

Oh I have not heard of this one, as a Unicorn lover it looks intresting - though I am scared to read Rampant LOL the idea of killing unicorns :( So sad! :) Great pick though!

Kathy Martin wrote: March 10, 2010 at 7:56 AM

This sounds good. However, I am still trying to get around to reading Rampant. I might get to it this summer.

My Waiting on Wednesday (or Want to Read Wednesday) post is here.

Ravenous Reader wrote: March 10, 2010 at 12:57 PM

Sorry folks! but the book cover was removed by request :(

JANDY NELSON, NINA LaCOUR and STEPHANIE KUEHN

SARA FARIZAN
Books Inc. on Market St.

JAMES FREY with John Hanke, VP of Google's Niantic Lab
Saturday, October 11 @ 6pm

BECCA FITZPATRICK, CHRISTINA LAUREN & KIERSTEN WHITE

LITQUAKE: Why YA is good for the Mind, Body and Soul with Lana Adlwan, Hannah Jayne, Tim J Myers, Jandy Nelson and Mitali Perkins
Hotel Rex in San Francisco
Sunday, October 12 @ 3:30

FIERCE READS TOUR with GENNIFER ALBIN, NIKKI KELLY, JESSICA BRODY and MARISSA MEYER
Monday, October 13 @ 6:30pm

PAOLO BACIGALUPI and A.S. KING
Bookshop Santa Cruz in Santa Cruz

MICHELLE GAGNON with Cara Black, Juliet Blackwell and Susan C. Shea
Borderlands Books in SF
Saturday, October 18 @7:15-8:15pm

KENDARE BLAKE
Saturday, October 25 @ 4-5:30pm
(it is appreciated if you RSVP in advance so they can provide seats and plan for aromatherapy supplies!)

GIVEAWAY'S