This past Monday I had the privilege of attending an author event that I was very excited about. I went to see John Green and David Levithan co-authors of Will Grayson, Will Grayson (one of my favorite reads). I showed up two hours before the start of the event to find that there were fifty people ahead of me and by the end of the evening there were 300 people in attendance. WOW!!!

I not only had a chance to listen to John and David read parts of WG, WG but I also bore witness to debut author, Daisy Whitney (THE MOCKINGBIRDS...i got to see her ARC and it is so pretty) assisting them with a few lines which was so much fun to see and hear.
I am also very fortunate to live in an area that has some of the best YA writers around and I was able to say hello to C.J. Omolalu, Sarah Quigley, Jandy Nelson, Nina LaCour and Heidi Kling. Gotta give props to them for they are very supportive of author events :)
I also had a chance to see my fellow blogger peeps Zoe and Alicia and as always it is wonderful to see them because we love to chat about books and our favorite authors. The only negative blip I had in the night was the reason I did not have many more photos to present, but that is another issue to discuss at a later date.

So, without further delay here are my favorite pictures from the night. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
David Levithan reading the part of TINY Cooper, priceless!!

David and John taking photo poses because they could not take pictures with anyone due to the sheer volume of attendees

Daisy Whitney (reading as Jane) with John (reading as OWG)

The trio of authors getting into the reading for Will Grayson, Will Grayson

David and John at the signing table

Daisy Whitney up front and center with the John and David

Since we could not take pictures with John and David. I promised Zoe I would take a few with her talking to them both.

San Francisco, bay area author LOVE!!! C.J. Omololu, Jandy Nelson, Heidi Kling and Nina LaCour

7 comments on "Author Event Photos: John Green and David Levithan and more"

heidi wrote: April 29, 2010 at 4:12 PM

CUTE! Take the most fantastic picture!
Look at me in that picture. The beaming wild grin is because I'm sandwiched between all that talent and beauty!

Always love seeing you, Nancy. Thank you!

Jandy wrote: April 29, 2010 at 7:40 PM

That's why I'm beaming too! Awesome pic, Nancy! All of them are great. Loved seeing everyone!

Jandy

Daisy Whitney wrote: April 29, 2010 at 8:30 PM

Ooh, you are a fantastic photographer, Nancy! So great to meet you in person.

Frankie Diane Mallis wrote: April 29, 2010 at 8:47 PM

Those are fabulous photos sounds like an awesome event!!!

Nina wrote: April 29, 2010 at 10:55 PM

What a fun night! Thank you for posting!

So Many Books, So Little Time wrote: April 30, 2010 at 2:44 AM

Man, I'm jealous! It sounds like you had a fantastic time.

cynjay wrote: May 10, 2010 at 11:39 PM

What awesome photos! I got none because I had my dinky little lame camera that won't take a good photo more than 2 feet away. Luckily for all of us, you came heavily armed.

As Tiny Cooper would say: Hellfire!