Do you Audio..book?

Hello and happy Friday. On my way down to work and my commute of an hour I realized that I could keep driving and never go to work. WHAT!! I know crazy, but I was listening to a great book and was entertained too much to stop. So, it got me wondering on how many people listen to audiobooks? I know I listen to at least 4 to 5 books a month due to my commute hours and I truly enjoy it, but does anyone else think the same?
I tend to get my audiobooks from the library, audible and Itunes. Audible is my favorite by far and now they have a special audioteens section that is great, but sometimes I find some titles that I want are unavailable.
So, do you audio...book? Why or why not? and if so what are your favorite titles? How do you get your audiobooks?

15 comments on "Do you Audio..book?"

~THE OPTIMISTIC PESSIMIST ~ wrote: May 7, 2010 at 10:41 AM

I also love Audible.. I enjoy listening when I have a long drive. Also when I am working in the yard or If I am at work before it opens...
As for fav's I love the Gena Showalter Lords of the Underworld the reader is awesome! The Diana Gabaldon Outlander series (sorry it is just toooo long to read) *ducks head*
but my favorite series on Audible is Christopher Moore's Love Bites series The reader enhances the already hysterical story.

Frankie Diane Mallis wrote: May 7, 2010 at 10:58 AM

Yes Im OBSESSED with audio books--it makes driving sooo fun and you feel like your accomplishing more--getting somewhere and reading, plus I just love hearing stories!

Little Miss Becky :) wrote: May 7, 2010 at 11:33 AM

I just started with audio books and I love the convenience and love being able to "read" in the car, since I get a little carsick when I try to read while riding. Between the two libraries I use, I am well-stocked up on audio books! I did find it hard to connect with the story if I don't like the reader's voice, but that has only happened once.

Wicked Walker wrote: May 7, 2010 at 11:43 AM

I do use audiobooks...i have a short commute (15 minutes) to work but I will still listen because our radio stations here..eh. If they are really good audiobooks, I will listen while cleaning and working in the yard etc.

I listen because it is safer than reading while driving..is that a good reason? lol (just kidding)

ladystorm wrote: May 7, 2010 at 2:47 PM

not huge on audio books but I am learning to like them more now than when I was a teenager. I listened to I, Alex Cross and was surprised of the level of action you could feel from listening to it...they even had gun shots and shattering glass..lol..it was quite fun to listen too. :)

Rachael(BookLove:Teen) wrote: May 7, 2010 at 2:58 PM

I Love Audio's! mostly I get them from the Library or put them on my I-pod(I have a special one just for books). I Travel alot so I use them then also when I'm cleaning or working at home and I can't read.

dlvampmistress wrote: May 7, 2010 at 4:06 PM

I'm not a fan with audio books, but my Dad listens to them because he's super busy. I'm not sure why anyone wants to listen to audiobooks. I really don't know why. I only love to read the words so I can memorize them. I'm more of a reader than a listenter.

Later!

La Coccinelle wrote: May 7, 2010 at 6:41 PM

I don't listen to audiobooks now. I did in the past, though. The audiobook for Catherine, Called Birdy is one of my favourites.

Jess (The Cozy Reader) wrote: May 7, 2010 at 9:28 PM

Nope, I don't. I don't enjoy being read to is the main reason. I enjoy reading at my own pace and tone. I have a hard time envisioning what is being spoken to me rather than when I read it myself.

Good Golly Miss Holly wrote: May 8, 2010 at 12:25 AM

I'm keen to try an audiobook, just for the new experience of hearing a book instead of reading. I'd probably listen to it on my ipod, if that is at all possible.

KarinLibrarian wrote: May 8, 2010 at 9:33 AM

I love audiobooks. I've listened to 14 so far this year. I listen to them when I drive around. Of course, on the rare times I clean house, I pop in my audio book too.

I have to admit, I've lost track of where I was going when I've been entranced by my audio book. You are NOT alone!

KarinLibrarian wrote: May 8, 2010 at 9:36 AM

Oh, I forgot to mention, I get my audio books from iTunes and Audible.

GreenBeanTeenQueen wrote: May 8, 2010 at 10:11 AM

Love audiobooks. I get CDs and e-audiobooks from my library, as well as audible. Anything narrated by Jim Dale, Katherine Kellgren, or Nick Podehl is great. The narrator of the Skulduggery Plesant series is also very good and made the books for me!

Donna Gambale wrote: May 10, 2010 at 1:08 PM

Yep, I'm a big fan ever since I started driving instead of taking the train to work. My favorites to listen to --- Christopher Moore's A Dirty Job and the Bloodsucking Fiends trilogy; Lauren Myracle's Peace, Love, & Baby Ducks; Meg Cabot's Airhead; Philip Beard's Dear Zoe; James Dashner's The Maze Runner; Libba Bray's Going Bovine; Susan Beth Pfeffer's Life As We Knew It; and Elizabeth Scott's Living Dead Girl.

My pet peeves with audiobooks: when male narrators try too hard to do a "light" female voice and when female narrators try too hard to do a "deep" male voice. The "girls" sound silly and the "boys" sound ... slow and stupid. Oh, and I hate it when the narration's overly theatrical -- like, you KNOW the person is used to being in plays and does that over-exaggerated theater voice.

I've done Audible, but my library has an awesome teen audio section!

Laina wrote: May 17, 2010 at 5:42 PM

My library just started doing MP3 audiobook downloading (yeah, we're behind, lol) from Library2Go, but I don't really like audiobooks. They take a very long time, and that doesn't work for me so much 'cause I get bored, and I know I could listen to them while I'm doing housework and stuff but usually I listen to music when I do that, so... Plus sometimes I just don't like the narrator's voice, and I have issues remembering what happened, too.