COVER LOVE!! New Beautiful Darkness cover

I have to admit that I am a cover girl, so to speak. If I am in a bookstore and see a gorgeous cover that catches my eye I make a beeline to get to it. That being said, If a series that I am reading has a so-so cover within it's series I will still buy it and read it, but I wouldn't be sitting there petting it saying "MY PRECIOUS, MY PRETTY" like I would with the new cover to BEAUTIFUL DARKNESS by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. Check it out here

This is the old cover version, which is not bad but no where near as spooky and totally catching the feeling of the book as the new cover.

All this brings me to the question. How much do book covers influence your book buying? be honest. I know that a great cover gets my attention and it has been a swaying factor when I cannot make up my mind between books. Sometimes I win, sometimes I sorely loose.

10 comments on "COVER LOVE!! New Beautiful Darkness cover"

Adriana wrote: June 7, 2010 at 8:11 AM

I hate to say it, but I'm shallow when it comes to book covers. I hated the old cover!!! But I still would have bought it because I loved Beautiful Creatures so much. I'm so happy with the new cover, it's perfect!

Steph Su wrote: June 7, 2010 at 8:14 AM

Hmm. Subtle but not a bad change. I like both (maybe the old one more than the new one currently), but the important part--the beautiful font--is still there. Whew!

BrittLit wrote: June 7, 2010 at 8:14 AM

Love the new one, thanks for sharing!

Meredith wrote: June 7, 2010 at 8:41 AM

I'm totally a sucker for good covers. I read the flap copy, too, of course, but the cover is what really catches my eye about a book when I'm just browsing a bookstore. I love the Beautiful Creatures cover! Can't wait to read it.

Ravenous Reader wrote: June 7, 2010 at 8:45 AM

Adriana--yes I am shallow as they come when it is in regards to covers.

Steph Su--yup the Font ROCKS!! I am so glad they kept it.

Brittlit--your welcome

Merideith--I understand your cover love. I totally get it.

Jess (The Cozy Reader) wrote: June 7, 2010 at 10:07 AM

That cover is SO much better! I was NOT a fan of the previous cover. :)

Ella Press wrote: June 7, 2010 at 10:39 AM

LOVE the new cover! Thanks for sharing!

So Many Books, So Little Time wrote: June 7, 2010 at 11:35 AM

The cover often sways me too. And the new BD cover is gorgeous. Much creepier than the original.

trishalynn0708 wrote: June 7, 2010 at 11:49 AM

I totally go by a cover when it comes to a book.. I know I shouldn't be like that because a book is probably good that has a bad cover. but if I love the cover I am more tempted to buy it.

katie wrote: June 7, 2010 at 1:37 PM

I am a cover whore and I am not afraid to admit it. I will buy a book based on the cover alone sometimes. Normally I don't do that but sometimes books just have super pretty covers. I love this one. =]