COVER LOVE: The Replacement by Brenna Yavanoff

Here I am with another edition of COVER LOVE. This week's choice is THE REPLACEMENT by Brenna Yavanoff. I know this cover has been around for a few month's but I just noticed the UK cover addition and now I am a bit undecided. I LOVE the creepy US cover and although I have not read the story yet I think it sets a certain tone.
Now this is the UK cover. I think it still is mysterious and a bit other wordly but creepy, no. So what do you think? Which cover would get your attention? What would cause you to buy it or shy away from it all together. My curious mind wants to know

13 comments on "COVER LOVE: The Replacement by Brenna Yavanoff"

S.F. Robertson wrote: June 12, 2010 at 9:14 AM

US cover. No contest. Sorry. The creep factor just isn't there in teh UK version.

cat wrote: June 12, 2010 at 9:15 AM

US cover hands down (which I have in ARC format). I would never have picked up this book had it been the UK cover I saw first. I don't like people on my covers.

katie wrote: June 12, 2010 at 9:26 AM

I love the US cover. I was drawn to the book because of how creepy the cover is. I would probably still be drawn toward the UK cover but there is no comparison between the two.

Natasha wrote: June 12, 2010 at 9:29 AM

Us cover for sure. It's orignal! I love it. :) You don't see that creep factor in books too much.

So Many Books, So Little Time wrote: June 12, 2010 at 10:07 AM

US, hands down. It's very creepy and would definitely catch my eye.

Adriana wrote: June 12, 2010 at 10:20 AM

US cover for sure! I hate seeing faces on covers and I don't really like the font used on the UK cover either.

prophecygirl wrote: June 12, 2010 at 10:48 AM

For the creepy factor, I'd go with the US cover. For the level of intrigue, probably UK. I like them both!

Bookgeek wrote: June 12, 2010 at 5:03 PM

I almost always prefer the UK cover but this time the US cover wins hands down. It's so wonderfully creepy

Mardel wrote: June 13, 2010 at 12:28 AM

I have to admit, this is one of the first times that I prefer the U.S. cover to a U.K. cover. Usually it's the other way around.

Diana Dang wrote: June 13, 2010 at 6:08 AM

Because of the creepiness, I would definitely pick up the first one. I would stray from the second because it looks like a typical supernatural to me and I hate typical.

Ravenous Reader wrote: June 13, 2010 at 9:16 AM

My godchild thought that the US cover was cool and creepy but once she saw the UK cover her hormones kicked in and she was all about the dude on the cover. LOL

Stacey wrote: June 13, 2010 at 8:18 PM

I would probably read the US, because it is kind of creepy and it draws you in asking the question "What is 'this'book about?" LOL just a thought, good reads actually had a giveaway for this one, so i've had my eye on it for quit some time.

Vampires and Tofu wrote: June 17, 2010 at 8:10 PM

US cover without a doubt, I love originality in cover design and have a HUGE pet peeve with faces and people on covers!

@ravenousreader on INSTAGRAM

I have compiled all the SF, bay area YA events in this section. If you know of any events that I have failed to post, please let me know. Also, please keep in mind that some events may change and it is always best to verify any event prior to attendance.

2016
JANUARY

Hello, fellow readers! Look at the upcoming events in our marvelous SF Bay Area for next year. There are some events that are coming out that I cannot post about yet, but believe me when I tell you they are made of awesome.

FEBRUARY

PARKER PEEVYHOUSE

Hicklebee's Bookstore in San Jose
Friday, February 12 @ 7pm

LINDA JOY SINGLETON and DANNA SMITH

Face in a Book in El Dorado Hills
Saturday, February 13 @12

MEG CABOT
Copperfield's in Santa Rosa
Saturday, February 13 @ 7pm

RUTA SEPETYS Book Event and Pizza Party
Great Good Place for Books in Montclair
Thursday, February 18 @ 6pm

PARKER PEEVYHOUSE, STACEY LEE, L.B. SCHULMAN, CHRISTY LENZI, TRACI CHEE, RAHUL KANAKIA, AND MORE
Milpitas Public Library in Milpitas

VERONICA ROSSI, CARAGH O'BRIEN and STEPHANIE KEUHN
Books Inc. Opera Plaza in San Francisco
Friday, March 18 @7pm

ALLY CONDIE

Rakestraw Books in Danville
Thursday, March 30 @ 7pm

PENGUIN TEEN ON TOUR with SABAA TAHIR, RACHEL HAWKINS, APRIL GENEVIEVE TUCHOLKE, ALYWN HAMILTON, ALISON GOODMAN and KAREN BAO
Thursday, March 30 @ 7pm