In My Mailbox: 9/5/2010 (month of August)

In My Mailbox lets you peek into the contents of my mailbox on a weekly basis. I am listing all the lovely books that I have aquired this week. If you would like to participate and have your own “In My Mailbox” post, you can find more information here on the Story Siren's blog, where it all began..(This post was inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie
The last month was amazing. I received some wonderful books and I purchased a few that I really wanted to read. Mockingjay being my ultimate guilty treasure. I was fortunate enough to have a copies sent to me to give-a-way.

Mailbox Books:

Through Her Eyes by Jennifer Archer(ARC) 4/11

Losing Faith by Denish Jaden (ARC) 9/10

The Story Teller by Patricia Reilly Giff (HC) 9/10

The Dark Deeps by Arthur Slade (HC) 9/10

The Ruby Notebook by Laura Resau (HC) 9/10

The Lost Saint by Bree Despain (ARC) 12/10

Please Ignore Vera Dietz by A.S. King (ARC) 10/10

Prom and Prejudice by Elizabeth Eulberg (ARC) 1/11

Recovery Road by Blake Nelson (ARC) 3/11

Jump by Ginger Rue (HC) 9/10

The Thing a Brother Knows by Dana Reinhardt (HC) 9/10

Twin's Daughter by Lauren Baratz-Logsted (HC) 9/10 Signed

**not shown lots of MOCKINGJAY books that will be in a contest later on Sunday. Stay tuned**

27 comments on "In My Mailbox: 9/5/2010 (month of August)"

lucidconspiracy wrote: September 4, 2010 at 6:28 PM

The lost saint has arcs already? Nice! Great collection of books, happy reading!

Girl on a Mission wrote: September 4, 2010 at 6:47 PM

Wow! So jealous about Lost Saint and Prom and Prejudice. Enjoy:)

Cass (Words on Paper) wrote: September 4, 2010 at 6:50 PM

Great books this week! So jealous. Enjoy!

Kulsuma wrote: September 4, 2010 at 6:59 PM

awesome!

brandileigh2003 wrote: September 4, 2010 at 8:10 PM

You have some great reading to look forward to! Here’s my IMMB

Kari wrote: September 4, 2010 at 8:50 PM

Wow! All those this week! I hope you enjoy them : )Here's my mailbox

Good Golly Miss Holly wrote: September 4, 2010 at 9:01 PM

Ahh, Recovery Read is one of my most anticipated. I hope you enjoy it :)

Literary Cravings wrote: September 4, 2010 at 9:11 PM

Great books, hope you enjoy them all!!

LLL Reviews wrote: September 4, 2010 at 9:21 PM

Losing Faith is a popular one indeed!!=) I will have to look into more reviews!=)

Happy reading!
Here is my IMM:

TheBookishSnob wrote: September 5, 2010 at 12:50 AM

You have some great books there. I haven't heard of many of them so I'll make sure to come back and see what you thought of them :)

Happy Reading

Here's my IMM

Amy wrote: September 5, 2010 at 1:00 AM

Great Books this week enjoy!

kirsty at the overflowing library wrote: September 5, 2010 at 1:22 AM

losing faith already! I am jealous

AtenRa wrote: September 5, 2010 at 2:52 AM

Ohhhh,I'd so love to read The Ruby Notebook!!!
Enjoy :)

geekyreads wrote: September 5, 2010 at 5:24 AM

So jealous right now that you have a copy of The Lost Saint! I can't wait to read it! The first one was so great.

Kris wrote: September 5, 2010 at 5:45 AM

Awesome books! I see The Lost Saint in there!Happy reading!

Jessi E. wrote: September 5, 2010 at 6:00 AM

That's a pile of books I would definitely love to get my hands on!!!

Here’s my IMM

Kelli (I'd So Rather Be Reading) wrote: September 5, 2010 at 6:55 AM

You got some great books this week---enjoy!

Gina wrote: September 5, 2010 at 7:11 AM

Wow, you got some really cool books this week! I'm so jealous! Hope you enjoy reading them!

So Many Books, So Little Time wrote: September 5, 2010 at 8:54 AM

I'm looking forward to seeing what you think of Please Ignore Vera Dietz as I loved D100D. Enjoy!

Little Miss Becky : ) wrote: September 5, 2010 at 1:17 PM

Such great books!! The Lost Saint!! Vera Dietz!! So looking forward to those. :) Enjoy them!

ExtremeReader wrote: September 5, 2010 at 1:50 PM

Wow! What an awesome haul of fabulous books! I am dying for The Lost Saint and Through Her Eyes! I look forward to your reviews!

The Book Speaker wrote: September 5, 2010 at 6:13 PM

Wow, you got a great haul this week! I also got a copy of The Twin's Daughter.

pussreboots wrote: September 5, 2010 at 7:54 PM

Enjoy your books. I purchased two and received one.

Bere wrote: September 5, 2010 at 8:02 PM

Wow! You got some amazing books this week! I'm looking forward to reading Losing Faith. I've heard great things on this one. Also, so excited for The Lost Saint, although I have yet to read The Dark Divine. I need to read it fast! I hope you enjoy all of them. =)

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog wrote: September 5, 2010 at 8:59 PM

Thanks for stopping by and following my blog!! You got some awesome books this week!!

Dwayne wrote: September 6, 2010 at 5:52 AM

Great new books to look forward to! My wishlist just swelled.again. Well, have fun!

BrittLit wrote: September 6, 2010 at 7:20 AM

The Lost Saint!!! Awesome. You got a ton of amazing books for review this week. I look forward to your reviews. Happy Reading!

@ravenousreader on INSTAGRAM

I have compiled all the SF, bay area YA events in this section. If you know of any events that I have failed to post, please let me know. Also, please keep in mind that some events may change and it is always best to verify any event prior to attendance.

2016
JANUARY

Hello, fellow readers! Look at the upcoming events in our marvelous SF Bay Area for next year. There are some events that are coming out that I cannot post about yet, but believe me when I tell you they are made of awesome.

FEBRUARY

PARKER PEEVYHOUSE

Hicklebee's Bookstore in San Jose
Friday, February 12 @ 7pm

LINDA JOY SINGLETON and DANNA SMITH

Face in a Book in El Dorado Hills
Saturday, February 13 @12

MEG CABOT
Copperfield's in Santa Rosa
Saturday, February 13 @ 7pm

RUTA SEPETYS Book Event and Pizza Party
Great Good Place for Books in Montclair
Thursday, February 18 @ 6pm

PARKER PEEVYHOUSE, STACEY LEE, L.B. SCHULMAN, CHRISTY LENZI, TRACI CHEE, RAHUL KANAKIA, AND MORE
Milpitas Public Library in Milpitas

VERONICA ROSSI, CARAGH O'BRIEN and STEPHANIE KEUHN
Books Inc. Opera Plaza in San Francisco
Friday, March 18 @7pm

ALLY CONDIE

Rakestraw Books in Danville
Thursday, March 30 @ 7pm

PENGUIN TEEN ON TOUR with SABAA TAHIR, RACHEL HAWKINS, APRIL GENEVIEVE TUCHOLKE, ALYWN HAMILTON, ALISON GOODMAN and KAREN BAO
Thursday, March 30 @ 7pm