Waiting on Wednesday: The Scorch Trials by James Dashner

Jill over at Breaking the Spine started this and I believe that it's awesome" This blog post is to alert those that visit about "the" book that we cannot wait to get our hands on.

This week I have selected THE SCORCH TRIALS by James Dashner. I am a late comer to enjoying dystopian novels, but it was not long before I became a fan of THE MAZE RUNNER. I became totally engrossed in this novel and could not stop reading until I was finished. I was also very lucky to have met Mr. Dashner at a book signing last year and am happy to say that he will return to the SF bay area this Fall. So, with out further preamble, here is the snyopsis for THE SCORCH TRIALS.

**HIGHLY SPOILERIFIC ** to those that have NOT read the series, proceed at your own risk!!

The Maze was only the beginning...

Solving the Maze was supposed to be the end. No more puzzles. No more Variables. And no more running. Thomas was sure that escape meant he and the Gladers would get their lives back. But no one really knew what sort of life they were going back to.

In the Maze, life was easy. They had food, and shelter, and safety... until Teresa triggered the end. In the world outside the Maze, however, the end was triggered long ago.

Burned by sun flares and baked by a new, brutal climate, much of the earth is a wasteland. Government has disintegrated--and with it, order--and now Cranks, people covered in festering wounds and driven to murderous insanity by the infectious disease known as the Flare, roam the crumbling cities hunting for their next victim... and meal.

The Gladers are far from done running. Instead of freedom, they find themselves faced with another trial. They must cross the Scorch, the most burned-out section of the world, and arrive at a safe haven in two weeks. And WICKED has made sure to adjust the variables and stack the odds against them.

Thomas can only wonder--does he hold the secret of freedom somewhere in his mind? Or will he forever be at the mercy of WICKED?

6 comments on "Waiting on Wednesday: The Scorch Trials by James Dashner"

Dahlia wrote: September 7, 2010 at 9:12 PM
This comment has been removed by the author.

Bookworm wrote: September 7, 2010 at 9:16 PM

Oooh, I just got an ARC of this in the mail--I need to start this series ASAP!

Dahlia wrote: September 7, 2010 at 9:19 PM

I was actually a little disappointed by Maze Runner, but once again the synopsis sounds interesting, so I'll probably end up reading it despite my feelings for the first book.

ladystorm wrote: September 7, 2010 at 9:31 PM

It took me at least a hundred pages into The Maze Runner to start to like it, but it was a okay book and the next book sounds interesting so I will probably get it eventually. It will go on my wishlist.

So Many Books, So Little Time wrote: September 8, 2010 at 4:00 AM

I am so desperate to read this. I was heartbroken when I found out that we won't get it in the UK until next summer!

Christie (The Fiction Enthusiast) wrote: September 8, 2010 at 9:00 AM

I haven’t even read the first one. I’ll have to check it out.