Happy Halloween! What's your favorite spooky book?

Happy Halloween everyone! I hope that today brings you much yummy candy and a good scare :) As I reflect on this day of spookiness I am reminded of the books that made me leave the light on.

1. Prince of Mist by Carlos Luis Zafron
  2. The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting
  3. Pet Cemetery by Stephen King
  4. The Fall of the House of Usher by Edgar Allen Poe
  5. The Devouring by Simon Holt
  6. The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
  7. Are you in the House Alone by Richard Peck
  8. Unwind by Neil Shusterman
  9. Bad Girls Don't Die by Katie Alender
  10. The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff
  11. Fade by Lisa McMann

Those are the books that I can remember off the top of my head. Some I have read in the recent years and others I read many years ago but I still remember them and that is why I have chosen them. If a book can still do that to me then it is will honor a place on my list. What is your spooky book list?

5 comments on "Happy Halloween! What's your favorite spooky book?"

Mrs. DeRaps wrote: October 31, 2010 at 2:44 PM

I loved The Graveyard Book. Spooky and endearing and mysterious all rolled into one!

Ravenous Reader wrote: October 31, 2010 at 2:57 PM

The Graveyard Book was a good read. It had one of the best lines ever "There was a hand in the darkness, and it held a knife." spooky

Steph wrote: October 31, 2010 at 4:49 PM

I hope no one brings me any candy -- it's not the pants that make my butt look big.
Scariest thing I ever read was Salems Lot - Stephen King. Carrie was justice for all the girls who weren't popular. The Taltos books and the Mummy by Rice were spooky, sexy and good.Fangs, Wands and Fairy Dust
email: steph@fangswandsandfairydust.com
twitter: @fangswandsfairy
CONTEST: http://tinyurl.com/23b5ug2

Bee wrote: November 1, 2010 at 5:05 AM

Night of Reunion by Michael Allegretto is the creepiest and scariest book I've read *shudders*

Enbrethiliel wrote: November 9, 2010 at 1:20 AM

+JMJ+

Neal Shusterman is great! =D Have you tried Red Rider's Hood? I read it without realising it was a Horror novel . . . and only figured it out after I was done and afraid to turn off the lights! LOL!

JANDY NELSON, NINA LaCOUR and STEPHANIE KUEHN

SARA FARIZAN
Books Inc. on Market St.

JAMES FREY with John Hanke, VP of Google's Niantic Lab
Saturday, October 11 @ 6pm

BECCA FITZPATRICK, CHRISTINA LAUREN & KIERSTEN WHITE

LITQUAKE: Why YA is good for the Mind, Body and Soul with Lana Adlwan, Hannah Jayne, Tim J Myers, Jandy Nelson and Mitali Perkins
Hotel Rex in San Francisco
Sunday, October 12 @ 3:30

FIERCE READS TOUR with GENNIFER ALBIN, NIKKI KELLY, JESSICA BRODY and MARISSA MEYER
Monday, October 13 @ 6:30pm

PAOLO BACIGALUPI and A.S. KING
Bookshop Santa Cruz in Santa Cruz

MICHELLE GAGNON with Cara Black, Juliet Blackwell and Susan C. Shea
Borderlands Books in SF
Saturday, October 18 @7:15-8:15pm

KENDARE BLAKE
Saturday, October 25 @ 4-5:30pm
(it is appreciated if you RSVP in advance so they can provide seats and plan for aromatherapy supplies!)

GIVEAWAY'S