Waiting on Wednesday: Haunting Violet by Alyxandra Harvey

Jill over at Breaking the Spine started this and I believe that it's awesome" This blog post is to alert those that visit about "the" book that we cannot wait to get our hands on.

This week I have selected Haunting Violet due it's beautiful cover and wicked good premise. I have enjoyed other books by Alyxandra and cannot wait for this new read.

What is your WOW for this week?

For Violet Willoughby, seeing spirits is a curse, not a gift

Violet Willoughby doesn't believe in ghosts. But they believe in her. After spending years participating in her mother's elaborate ruse as a fraudulent medium, Violet is about as skeptical as they come in all matters supernatural. Now that she is being visited by a very persistent ghost, one who suffered a violent death, Violet can no longer ignore her unique ability. She must figure out what this ghost is trying to communicate, and quickly because the killer is still on the loose.

Afraid of ruining her chance to escape her mother's scheming through an advantageous marriage, Violet must keep her ability secret. The only person who can help her is Colin, a friend she's known since childhood, and whom she has grown to love. He understands the true Violet, but helping her on this path means they might never be together. Can Violet find a way to help this ghost without ruining her own chance at a future free of lies?

8 comments on "Waiting on Wednesday: Haunting Violet by Alyxandra Harvey"

Kelly aka yllektra(force-oblique) wrote: November 24, 2010 at 1:04 AM

Oh, wow this seems like a pretty good book. I didn't know it was coming out.. I didn't even know Harvey had a new one coming out - shame on me!
Thanks, I will add it to my TBR list! :)

So Many Books, So Little Time wrote: November 24, 2010 at 6:35 AM

I love that cover. It's gorgeous!

SJH (A Dream of Books) wrote: November 24, 2010 at 12:48 PM

I want this too! I love the Drake Chronicles and this sounds like it's going to be really great. Gorgeous cover!

Little Miss Becky : ) wrote: November 25, 2010 at 12:25 AM

I can't wait for this one either!! Love stories like this, and the cover is just amazing.

Btw---I see you're reading Tempestuous! How is it?? I'm dying to read it!

resugo wrote: November 25, 2010 at 8:32 AM

Yay! I knew this was coming out next year but I hadn't seen the cover yet. Looks cool! Can't wait!

Vivien wrote: November 26, 2010 at 4:45 PM

This looks great! I just recently put this on my wishlist. I also cannot wait.

Badass Bookie wrote: November 26, 2010 at 4:59 PM

The cover of this one looks fantastic! It sounds amazingggg too!!!

Christinabean wrote: November 27, 2010 at 10:53 AM

I haven't seen this cover before. Thanks for sharing!