END of 2010 Survey

I have seen this blog post on The Broke and the Bookish blog besides some other bloggers of whom I look up to.

1. Best book of 2010 - The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson. Hands down. The only book I got for all of my friends.

2. Worst book of 2010 - This book that I am placing on this list was well written and had received much praise it seriously disturbed my sense of peace and messed with my mind. The Marbury Lens by Andrew Smith. I don't believe I could ever recommend it to anyone.

3. Most Disappointing Book of 2010 - There are a few that I was can place on this list but the one that stands out for me is The Scorch Trials by James Dasher. That book truly left me with more answers than questions.

4. Most surprising book of 2010 - The Iron King by Julie Kagawa. I had believed that the YA market was oversaturated with Faery stories but I was totally wrong. I adore this series to pieces

5. Book you recommended to people most in 2010 - I talked up The Sky is Everywhere, The Body Finder, Dear Dylan and Please Ignore Vera Dietz for each holds a special place on my "love" list.
6. Best series you discovered in 2010 - The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa. The books in this series keep getting better and better.

7. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2010 - My favorite hands down is Jandy Nelson. Not only is her book THE SKY IS EVERYWHERE one of my all time favorite reads but she is a sweatheart and always a pleasure to talk to.

8. Most hilarious read of 2010 - This is really easy for me Will Grayson, Will Grayson by David Levithan and John Green. I laughed out loud on several ocassions and could not get enough of TINY.

9. Book that made you cry the hardest in 2010 - I know that when I read The Secret year by Jennifer Hubbard that I had several tissues moments that I could not stop crying.

10. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2010 - Wither by Lauren Destefano, darkly imaginative and thrilling.

11. Book you most anticipated in 2010 - Hands down Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead. I had to find out what happened next and I was sitting on pins and needles all year waiting for it.

12. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2010 - I adore this spooky cover for The Replacement by Brenna Yavanoff. It totally set the town for this creeptastic novel.
13. Most memorable character in 2010 - Tiny from Will Grayson, Will Grayson. I just love him to pieces.

14. Most beautifully written book in 2010 - Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia and Margie Stohl. Their writing style is simply brilliant and richly descriptive.

15. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2010 - Dirty Little Secrets by C.J. Omololu. It made me look into hoarding in a way I never had before.

16. Book you can't believe you waited UNTIL 2010 to finally read - The Prince of Mist by Carlos Luis Safron because that book really had me wickedly scared...yikes.

5 comments on "END of 2010 Survey"

elodie2310 wrote: December 31, 2010 at 3:46 AM

Great choices !! I definiteley have to read The Iron King, Will Grayson, Will Grayson ...
Happy New Year ;)

So Many Books, So Little Time wrote: December 31, 2010 at 4:54 AM

I lvoe so many of those books! It really has been a brilliant book year.

Louisse wrote: December 31, 2010 at 7:08 AM

HAPPY NEW YEAR, Nancy!! :D

The Iron Fey series is byfar my favorite! :) I've wanted tobread The Secret Yesr but can't seem to find it in the bookstores. Sad. I LOVE the Sky Is Everwhere!!! The UK version is wicked cool! It's like a diary! :D Joe Fontaine is totally swoon-worthy! I love him! <3 I can't wait to see if Jandy Nelson has more Contemporary novels coming up~ :) I really loved the cover of The Replacement. It's also embossed which makes me love it even more! :D I can't wait for the new 2011 books! Especially Wither by Lauren DeStefano! :)

Lots-o-LOVE,
Louisse

Megan Hoover-Swicegood wrote: January 2, 2011 at 6:48 PM

I also loved the cover of The Replacements. Such a great old fashioned creep fest. I've seen another cover floating around with just a male model on the cover - it's not nearly as creepy. Great list.
Megan @ Read It, See It

Bookgeek wrote: January 2, 2011 at 6:49 PM

Love this list! Have read most of them (and love them too). And OK, MUST GET TO THE IRON FEY SERIES! By the way, Rachel Hawkins and Sarwat Chadda will be in the store March 9th at 7.00. Ellen Hopkins will be at 7.00 too.