Waiting on Wednesday: Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini

Jill over at Breaking the Spine started this and I believe that it's awesome" This blog post is to alert those that visit about "the" book that we cannot wait to get our hands on.

For the final week of this year I have selected STARCROSSED by Josepheine Angelini, a novel that I have been pining for. I cannot wait to read this novel filled with romance and greek mythology. The cover is gorgeous and the synopsis has my mind spinning for more.

Melding incandescent romance and an updated twist on Greek mythology, this dazzling debut sets sparks flying with its combination of starcrossed lovers, powerful paranormal abilities, and an ancient blood feud.
Set on the island of Nantucket, STARCROSSED tells the tale of Helen Hamilton, a young woman whose destiny is forever altered when she meets Lucas Delos and tries to kill him in front of her entire high school. Which is terribly inconvenient, not only because Lucas is the most beautiful boy on the island, but also because Helen is so achingly shy she suffers physical pain whenever she is given too much attention.

Making matters worse, Helen is beginning to suspect she’s going crazy. Whenever she’s near Lucas or any member of his family she sees the ghostly apparitions of three women weeping bloody tears, and suffers the burden of an intense and irrational hate. She soon learns that she and Lucas are destined to play the leading roles in a Greek tragedy that the Three Fates insist on repeating over and over again throughout history. Like her namesake, Helen of Troy, she’s destined to start a war by falling in love. But even though Lucas and Helen can see their own star-crossed destiny, they’re still powerfully attracted to each other. Will they give up their personal happiness for the greater good, or risk it all to be together?

6 comments on "Waiting on Wednesday: Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini"

Little Miss Becky : ) wrote: December 29, 2010 at 10:54 AM

Definitely looking forward to this one, too! It looks amazing and I love the tie-in to the Greek legends.

elodie2310 wrote: December 29, 2010 at 11:04 AM

I'm in love with this cover, isn't it gorgeous? I can't wait to read it!! Great pick !!
Here's my WoW if you'd like to take a look at it : onceuponaquote.blogspot.com !!
Happy reading ;)

Sara wrote: December 29, 2010 at 1:37 PM

I'm drooling over that cover! Can't wait to read this one... Great pick!

Rebecca Herman wrote: December 29, 2010 at 3:02 PM

I have a copy of this but haven't read it yet, it's really long! looks good though.

Ravenous Reader wrote: December 29, 2010 at 4:50 PM

OH I would love to read it :)

GMR wrote: December 30, 2010 at 9:48 AM

Wow...definitely an interesting cover with the blend of colors used. Sounds pretty good too! Thanks for the heads up on this one. Will have to investigate further... ^_^

SABAA TAHIR Book Launch: AN EMBER IN THE ASHES
Tuesday, April 28 @ 7:30pm

The Epic Reads YA Tour featuring Susane Colasanti, Maria Dahvana Headley and Katie Contugno.
A Great Good Place in Montclair Village
Wednesday, April 29 @ 7 pm

California BOOKSTORE Day |Independent Bookstore Day
Saturday, May 2, 2015
At your local Indie bookstores. Please come and join them at various locations throughout the SF Bay Area for their BOOKSTORE day celebrations.
Books Inc.
Great Good Place
Green Apple Books
Hicklebee's
Kepler's
Mrs. Dalloway's
Just to name a few. If you would like to know about more bookstores in the SF Bay Area check out this page that will show you all those bookstores that are participating http://indiemap.bookweb.org/

YA Event of Awesome with authors TRICIA STIRLING, ANNAMEEKEE HESIK, STACEY LEE, HEIDI KLING, TAMARA IRELAND STONE AND LYNN CARTHAGE
Hickleebee's in San Jose
Friday, May 8 @ 7pm

NYMBC YA Hoopla
Featuring: Tamara Ireland Stone, Virginia Boecker, Stephanie Keuhn, Alexis Bass, Veronica Rossi, Katherine Longshore and many more
Saturday, May 9 @4pm

MICHAEL BUCKLEY
Saturday, May 9 @ 3pm

Fierce Reads 2015 Spring Tour with Katie Finn, Lynne Matson, Marie Rutkoski and Lindsay Smith
Keplers in Menlo Park
Tuesday, May 12 @ 6pm

NYMBC Presents the Summer of Swoon Tour: SANDY HALL, KATIE VAN ARK, TEMPLE WEST and KIMBERLY KARALIUS

JODI PICOULT & SAMANTHA VAN LEER