Jill over at Breaking the Spine started this and I believe that it's awesome" This blog post is to alert those that visit about "the" book that we cannot wait to get our hands on.

Today I had to re-post a WOW choice of 2010 because I want it that badly. The cover just was revealed last week and it has only fueled my ravenous appetite. I have been wanting to read ANNA DRESSED IN BLOOD ever since I read it's synopsis and now with this cover to taunt me. I will be pining for it until September.

ANNA DRESSED IN BLOOD
September 2011
TOR

Cas Lowood has inherited an unusual vocation: He kills the dead.

So did his father before him, until his gruesome murder by a ghost he sought to kill. Now, armed with his father's mysterious and deadly athame, Cas travels the country with his kitchen-witch mother and their spirit-sniffing cat. Together they follow legends and local lore, trying to keep up with the murderous dead—keeping pesky things like the future and friends at bay.

When they arrive in a new town in search of a ghost the locals call Anna Dressed in Blood, Cas doesn't expect anything outside of the ordinary: move, hunt, kill. What he finds instead is a girl entangled in curses and rage, a ghost like he's never faced before. She still wears the dress she wore on the day of her brutal murder in 1958: once white, but now stained red and dripping blood. Since her death, Anna has killed any and every person who has dared to step into the deserted Victorian she used to call home.

And she, for whatever reason, spares his life

Doesn't this sound absolutely amazing??? GAH!!!! I cannot stand the torture of waiting

4 comments on "Waiting on Wednesday: Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake"

ajmitchell wrote: January 11, 2011 at 9:16 PM

Wow, you aren't kidding. This one sounds incredible. I'm adding it to my wishlist right now. Thanks for the heads up!

My WoW

Megan Swicegood wrote: January 12, 2011 at 7:11 AM

I've seen this cover a lot, but this is the first description I've read - it does sound good. I do love the cover, very creepy and haunting, but I suppose that was the point.

vvb32 reads wrote: January 13, 2011 at 9:36 AM

i've been seeing this cover around as well but haven't read the description until now. gah! this does sound like a good one!

Wings wrote: January 25, 2011 at 3:18 AM

so badly want this!!! ever since i first saw the cover i was in love!!!

JANDY NELSON, NINA LaCOUR and STEPHANIE KUEHN

SARA FARIZAN
Books Inc. on Market St.

JAMES FREY with John Hanke, VP of Google's Niantic Lab
Saturday, October 11 @ 6pm

BECCA FITZPATRICK, CHRISTINA LAUREN & KIERSTEN WHITE

LITQUAKE: Why YA is good for the Mind, Body and Soul with Lana Adlwan, Hannah Jayne, Tim J Myers, Jandy Nelson and Mitali Perkins
Hotel Rex in San Francisco
Sunday, October 12 @ 3:30

FIERCE READS TOUR with GENNIFER ALBIN, NIKKI KELLY, JESSICA BRODY and MARISSA MEYER
Monday, October 13 @ 6:30pm

PAOLO BACIGALUPI and A.S. KING
Bookshop Santa Cruz in Santa Cruz

MICHELLE GAGNON with Cara Black, Juliet Blackwell and Susan C. Shea
Borderlands Books in SF
Saturday, October 18 @7:15-8:15pm

KENDARE BLAKE
Saturday, October 25 @ 4-5:30pm
(it is appreciated if you RSVP in advance so they can provide seats and plan for aromatherapy supplies!)

GIVEAWAY'S