Booking Trends: SIRENS

Every year brings forth new reading trends, at first there were Vampires, Werewolves, Zombies and Faeries inhabiting bookshelves around the globe. Then with the success of a certain Dystopian novel other books in that genre began to crop up and flourish. So, as I started to check out the new up-and-coming books coming out this year I noted a certain theme in common with certain books: SIRENS. All of thes books I have checked out sound great and I cannot wait to dive into this new trend. What do you think about these new books that are coming out this year? Are you eager for this new trend? or do you think it is just a passing fancy? If you want to check out any of these books just click on the book jacket and see what you think.

6 comments on "Booking Trends: SIRENS"

Zombie Girrrl wrote: March 31, 2011 at 7:20 AM

Lost Voices sounds creepy. I like the new trend, though. I was getting bored with the bloody, gritty creatures.

Naj wrote: March 31, 2011 at 7:31 AM

I don't mind book trends at all. As long as the book is a fun read that is all that matters. I'm excited to read about sirens since I've never read a book with them in it. Great post! <3

Christie - The Fiction Enthusiast wrote: March 31, 2011 at 7:54 AM

I’m looking forward to all of these. I think change is good, but I need to make sure I don’t OD. I read too many angel books last year, and suffered from burnout :)

Anita wrote: March 31, 2011 at 10:33 AM

Gorgeous covers, all. Lost Voices sounds VERY cool. Thanks for the heads up! The only prob is what Christie said, we get burned out by overexposure. Here's hoping they'll put out some other titles that are unique enough to give us a reprieve from the trends.

Zoraida Cordova wrote: March 31, 2011 at 4:42 PM

Sirens and Mermaids are traditionally very different.

A siren was a bird woman that lured men to their deaths by their singing. Along they way they've gotten confused with mermaids.

I don't want to sound like a smartass! But I do want to put it out there that there is a very physical difference.

And here is my shameless plug-- my upcoming novel is about mermaids in Coney Island, and will be released March 2012.

So hopefully for me, it's not just a passing fancy :)

It's nice to know that there are other sea-creature lovers! Urban fantasy has such a huge span and it's about time the underwater peeps got some recognition! Not to say I don't still love the other creatures that bump in the night.

best,
Zoraida!

Pam wrote: April 1, 2011 at 9:55 PM

Oh this is such a good find! I love Siren's and I am a big fan of Tricia's book.