In My Mailbox: March 2011

In My Mailbox lets you peek into the contents of my mailbox on a weekly basis. I am listing all the lovely books that I have aquired this week. If you would like to participate and have your own “In My Mailbox” post, you can find more information here on the Story Siren's blog, where it all began..(This post was inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie

I have not posted an IMM post in quite a while, not that I didn't get some great books in the past few months, but this week I decided to start particitpating in this post again. The books that I am displaying are what I have received/purchased so far for this month. I hope that everyone also had a good week/month, so what is your mailbox?

Books:
THE IRON THORN by Caitlin Kittredge
TORTALL and Other Lands by Tamora Pierce

NOT SHOWN:
Several Copies of DEMONGLASS by Rachel Hawkins
Several Copies of Dark Goddess by Sarwat Chadda

SWAG:
Wicked Nail Polish (Wicked Lovely)
The Lost Saint Nail Polish (Thank you, Bree Despain)
Demonglass/Dark Goddess Book Bag (Not shown, but will come up soon. Stay Tuned)

17 comments on "In My Mailbox: March 2011"

Chel wrote: March 19, 2011 at 7:53 PM

WOW! So many books. Awesome haul!

Chel @ The Procrastinator's Corner

Pam wrote: March 19, 2011 at 7:54 PM

woohoo great week.

Brittany @ Nice Girls Read Books wrote: March 19, 2011 at 9:00 PM

Red Glove is amazing! I really hope you enjoy it! I am so jealous that you have SO SHELLY! I want this one so badly! So many great reads this week!

Check out my Mailbox this week!

ajmitchell wrote: March 19, 2011 at 10:36 PM

Holy amazing book week batman! That is a seriously amazing list of novels. Like the others have mentioned, So Shelly looks really good. Hope you enjoy them all!

My Mailbox has some super cool Dark Days of Supernatural stuff in it!

Majanka Verstraete wrote: March 20, 2011 at 1:34 AM

So many books! And I thought I had a pretty full mailbox this week :P I want Demonglass and the Wicked Lovely Series *jealous now*

Jessica wrote: March 20, 2011 at 5:58 AM

Wow you got a lot of amazing books this week! Remembered seeing the Wicked Lovely gift set at Bookperks, almost bought it, but I had already preordered Darkest Mercy, so I declined. Even though it was signed. I have all her previous books signed as well, so I'll just have to wait til I get to see Melissa again to make it a full set!

Here's my IMM

Happy Reading!

Old Follower
Jessica@a GREAT read

BrittLit wrote: March 20, 2011 at 7:26 AM

Soooo many great books and such this week. I really loved So Shelly. The Iron Thorn and Hourglass both sound fantastic. Happy Reading!

Alison wrote: March 20, 2011 at 8:35 AM

Great reads! New follower too!
I loved Red Glove and White Cat.
Where are you in Northern Cali? San Fran area? I'm moving to Sacramento in a few months and am excited to be so close to San Fran. Lots of good book signings.
My IMM

Akasha Hale & Lexus Salvatore wrote: March 20, 2011 at 8:36 AM

Great book haul this week. Totally jealous of all the books, seriously. Thanks for stopping by my IMM Vlog. :D

Rhiannon wrote: March 20, 2011 at 9:04 AM

oh boy, Red Glove, The Dark and Hollow Places and the new Tamora Pierce book! That is some fantastic haul!
Rhiannon
TheDiaryofaBookworm.com

abeautifulmadness wrote: March 20, 2011 at 9:11 AM

You got a lot of books, and some amazing ones! Have fun reading them, they looks really good.

A. Knight wrote: March 20, 2011 at 11:24 AM

Good Lord, I don't think I've seen that many books in my remarkably young life! Enjoy those, please, for me, a blogger who does not have the same fortunate access to some of the aforementioned titles!

Thanks for stopping by the blog earlier, as well!

Asher K.

Christy @ReaderBee wrote: March 20, 2011 at 12:09 PM

So many awesome books!! I can't wait to read Demonglass... Enjoy all your great reads!

Great blog! New follower! :)

Little Miss Becky : ) wrote: March 20, 2011 at 10:33 PM

Wow, another breathtaking list of awesome books!! I'll be watching out for your Demonglass giveaway! I have an ARC but I need to get a finished copy! :) I can't believe I had to miss the Rachel Hawkins/Sarwat Chadda signing. Somehow these things always happen when I have to work!

The Slowest Bookworm wrote: March 21, 2011 at 2:47 AM

Oh wow that's an amazing book haul! I really hope you enjoy them all. I haven't read any Holly Black books yet. I really should get some soon.

Ria wrote: March 21, 2011 at 8:21 AM

That's one nice collection of books you've got there! I can't help but feel a little envious! :p

Paranormal Opinion wrote: March 21, 2011 at 6:23 PM

Hey - just wanted to stop and say hi! I found your blog through the IMM meme - I'm a new follower :)

SABAA TAHIR Book Launch: AN EMBER IN THE ASHES
Tuesday, April 28 @ 7:30pm

The Epic Reads YA Tour featuring Susane Colasanti, Maria Dahvana Headley and Katie Contugno.
A Great Good Place in Montclair Village
Wednesday, April 29 @ 7 pm

California BOOKSTORE Day |Independent Bookstore Day
Saturday, May 2, 2015
At your local Indie bookstores. Please come and join them at various locations throughout the SF Bay Area for their BOOKSTORE day celebrations.
Books Inc.
Great Good Place
Green Apple Books
Hicklebee's
Kepler's
Mrs. Dalloway's
Just to name a few. If you would like to know about more bookstores in the SF Bay Area check out this page that will show you all those bookstores that are participating http://indiemap.bookweb.org/

YA Event of Awesome with authors TRICIA STIRLING, ANNAMEEKEE HESIK, STACEY LEE, HEIDI KLING, TAMARA IRELAND STONE AND LYNN CARTHAGE
Hickleebee's in San Jose
Friday, May 8 @ 7pm

NYMBC YA Hoopla
Featuring: Tamara Ireland Stone, Virginia Boecker, Stephanie Keuhn, Alexis Bass, Veronica Rossi, Katherine Longshore and many more
Saturday, May 9 @4pm

MICHAEL BUCKLEY
Saturday, May 9 @ 3pm

Fierce Reads 2015 Spring Tour with Katie Finn, Lynne Matson, Marie Rutkoski and Lindsay Smith
Keplers in Menlo Park
Tuesday, May 12 @ 6pm

NYMBC Presents the Summer of Swoon Tour: SANDY HALL, KATIE VAN ARK, TEMPLE WEST and KIMBERLY KARALIUS

JODI PICOULT & SAMANTHA VAN LEER