Waiting on Wednesday: Legend by Marie Lu

Jill over at Breaking the Spine created the Waiting on Wednesday meme for us bloggers to showcase books we're waiting on.

My WOW for this week is LEGEND by Marie Lu. The cover was an instant win for me and it drew me in like a moth to a flame. Then I read the snyopsis and said "shut the front door" I knew this was a book I had to have. I am so very excited about this one.

Now that you know my WOW for this week, what is yours?

11/29/11 Legend: Legend Book One by Marie Lu

ISBN-13: 978-0399256752

Putnam Juvenile

The United States is gone, along with its flooded coasts. North America's two warring nations, the western Republic and the eastern Colonies, have reached a breaking point. In the midst of this broken continent and dark new world are two teenagers who will go down in history.... Born into the slums of Los Angeles, fifteen-year old Day is the country's most wanted criminal. A mysterious boy with no recorded image or fingerprints. A boy who should no longer exist. A boy who watches over his family until one evening, when the plague patrols mark his family's door with an X--the sign of plague infection. A death sentence for any family too poor to afford the antidote. Desperate, Day has no choice; he must steal it. Born to an elite family in Los Angeles' wealthy Ruby sector, fifteen-year old June is the Republic's most promising prodigy. A superintelligent girl destined for great things in the country's highest military circles. Obedient, passionate, and committed to her country--until the day her brother Metias is murdered while on patrol during a break-in at the plague hospital. Only one person could be responsible. Day. And now it's June's mission to hunt him down. The truth they'll uncover will become legend.

5 comments on "Waiting on Wednesday: Legend by Marie Lu"

Mardel wrote: April 27, 2011 at 12:35 AM

Wow - this sounds intense. Young Adult? wow.

Rebecca Herman wrote: April 27, 2011 at 1:55 AM

I really want to read this too! Hoping to get it at BEA.

Mary wrote: April 27, 2011 at 4:22 AM

I do love a great post-apocalypse book and I've had my eye on this one since I read the blurb. Yummy destructiveness!

Jessica wrote: April 27, 2011 at 5:07 AM

OOh that is a very striking cover!

Here's my WoW

Old Follower
Jessica@a GREAT read

lostinbelieving wrote: April 28, 2011 at 4:26 PM

I've been lucky enough to have read it already. This book is amazing! You won't be dissapointed!

One of the books I'm waiting for is Posession by Elena Johnson!

JANDY NELSON, NINA LaCOUR and STEPHANIE KUEHN

SARA FARIZAN
Books Inc. on Market St.

JAMES FREY with John Hanke, VP of Google's Niantic Lab
Saturday, October 11 @ 6pm

BECCA FITZPATRICK, CHRISTINA LAUREN & KIERSTEN WHITE

LITQUAKE: Why YA is good for the Mind, Body and Soul with Lana Adlwan, Hannah Jayne, Tim J Myers, Jandy Nelson and Mitali Perkins
Hotel Rex in San Francisco
Sunday, October 12 @ 3:30

FIERCE READS TOUR with GENNIFER ALBIN, NIKKI KELLY, JESSICA BRODY and MARISSA MEYER
Monday, October 13 @ 6:30pm

PAOLO BACIGALUPI and A.S. KING
Bookshop Santa Cruz in Santa Cruz

MICHELLE GAGNON with Cara Black, Juliet Blackwell and Susan C. Shea
Borderlands Books in SF
Saturday, October 18 @7:15-8:15pm

KENDARE BLAKE
Saturday, October 25 @ 4-5:30pm
(it is appreciated if you RSVP in advance so they can provide seats and plan for aromatherapy supplies!)

GIVEAWAY'S