Bay Area Author Event: Gayle Forman

Today, Gayle Forman, one of my very favorite authors will be at A Great Good Place for Books. I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am about this fact and hope that if anyone has the chance that they seize this opportunity to see her.
"Come meet award-winning author and journalist Gayle Forman Sunday, May 1st at 4:00 pm as she discusses her new novel, Where She Went. "
I cannot wait to attend and hope to see many bay area peeps there, and if you cannot make it (oh no!) than contact the book store and arrange to have your book signed and purchased. Just click on the book store logo for the website and info.

Where She Went

It's been three years since the devastating accident . . . three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever.

Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Juilliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future-and each other.

Told from Adam's point of view in the spare, lyrical prose that defined If I Stay, Where She Went explores the devastation of grief, the promise of new hope, and the flame of rekindled romance

Address:
A Great Good Place for Books
6120 LaSalle Ave.
Oakland, CA 94611
(We're located in Montclair Village in Oakland.)

(510) 339-8210

6 comments on "Bay Area Author Event: Gayle Forman"

Pam wrote: May 1, 2011 at 10:15 AM

I really wish I could go. Oakland is so far from me.

Ravenous Reader wrote: May 1, 2011 at 10:22 AM

Oh Boo! It is such a cute little area, but it is about an hour from where you come from.

~THE OPTIMISTIC PESSIMIST ~ wrote: May 1, 2011 at 10:40 AM

Have a great time..

Carina L. Tai wrote: May 1, 2011 at 10:44 AM

i met her yesterday at the Los Angeles festival of Books! She was absolutely amazing!

Bookgeek wrote: May 1, 2011 at 2:19 PM

I would go but I'm hosting Andrea Alban at the same time

Cleo wrote: May 1, 2011 at 5:26 PM

I saw her yesterday at the LA Times Festival of Books too!
She was really awesome :D