Waiting on Wednesday: CINDER by Marissa Meyer

01/03/12
CINDER
Lunar Chronicles Book One
by Marissa Meyer
ISBN-13: 978-0312641894
Feiwel & Friends

Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl. . . . Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future. In this thrilling debut young adult novel, the first of a quartet, Marissa Meyer introduces readers to an unforgettable heroine and a masterfully crafted new world that’s enthralling.

Why my WOW? Just look at this cover, it is interesting and a red shoe is displayed (cover love!) so it has piqued my interest. Then I read the synopsis provided and I knew I had to read it because it is normally not a subject that I am interested in but I want to broaden my reading horizon.

6 comments on "Waiting on Wednesday: CINDER by Marissa Meyer"

Carina L. Tai wrote: August 3, 2011 at 10:07 AM

oh my gosh. My eyes grew wide when I saw the cover! It's so haunting! Not to mention the summary is absolutely mind boggling. A steampunk-esque rendition of a classic fairytale! Brilliant!

So Many Books, So Little Time wrote: August 3, 2011 at 10:25 AM

This sounds amazing! So, so different!

I Read Banned Books wrote: August 3, 2011 at 11:17 AM

This was mine today too!

Jen

Jessica@a GREAT read wrote: August 3, 2011 at 1:16 PM

This does look mighty interesting! Love the cover!

Here's my WoW

Have a GREAT day!!

Old Follower :)

Khadija wrote: August 3, 2011 at 2:07 PM

I can't wait for this one either! It sounds really different (which I love). The whole idea really has me intrigued ^-^

mendy wrote: August 3, 2011 at 9:13 PM

Ooh I can't wait for this book too. It's a freaking retell of Cinderella as a robot. How awesome is that!

My WoW

ELIZABETH WEIN
Wednesday, April 8 @ 7pm

CARLY ANNE WEST and WHITNEY A. MILLER
NYMBC Event Books Inc. Alameda
Wednesday, April 8 @ 7pm

ELIZABETH WEIN
Copperfield's in Santa Rosa
Friday, April 10 @4pm

THIRD THURSDAY WINE AND BOOKS
Theme: We don't want to grow up. why adults read YA and why you might like it, too.
Thursday, April 16 @6:30-8pm

NEAL SHUSTERMAN
Monday, April 20 @ 5pm

LEILA SALES
NYMBC Event Books Inc. Palo Alto
Monday, April 20 @ 7pm

GAYLE FORMAN

Montclair Presbyterian Church in Oakland
Tuesday, April 21 @ 7pm

SABAA TAHIR Book Launch: AN EMBER IN THE ASHES
Tuesday, April 28 @ 7:30pm

The Epic Reads YA Tour featuring Susane Colasanti, Maria Dahvana Headley and Katie Contugno.
A Great Good Place in Montclair Village
Wednesday, April 29 @ 7 pm

MICHAEL BUCKLEY
Saturday, May 9 @ 3pm

Fierce Reads 2015 Spring Tour with Katie Finn, Lynne Matson, Marie Rutkoski and Lindsay Smith
Keplers in Menlo Park
Tuesday, May 12 @ 6pm

NYMBC Presents the Summer of Swoon Tour: SANDY HALL, KATIE VAN ARK, TEMPLE WEST and KIMBERLY KARALIUS

VIRGINIA BOECKER