Waiting on Wednesday: CINDER by Marissa Meyer

01/03/12
CINDER
Lunar Chronicles Book One
by Marissa Meyer
ISBN-13: 978-0312641894
Feiwel & Friends

Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl. . . . Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future. In this thrilling debut young adult novel, the first of a quartet, Marissa Meyer introduces readers to an unforgettable heroine and a masterfully crafted new world that’s enthralling.

Why my WOW? Just look at this cover, it is interesting and a red shoe is displayed (cover love!) so it has piqued my interest. Then I read the synopsis provided and I knew I had to read it because it is normally not a subject that I am interested in but I want to broaden my reading horizon.

6 comments on "Waiting on Wednesday: CINDER by Marissa Meyer"

Carina L. Tai wrote: August 3, 2011 at 10:07 AM

oh my gosh. My eyes grew wide when I saw the cover! It's so haunting! Not to mention the summary is absolutely mind boggling. A steampunk-esque rendition of a classic fairytale! Brilliant!

So Many Books, So Little Time wrote: August 3, 2011 at 10:25 AM

This sounds amazing! So, so different!

I Read Banned Books wrote: August 3, 2011 at 11:17 AM

This was mine today too!

Jen

Jessica@a GREAT read wrote: August 3, 2011 at 1:16 PM

This does look mighty interesting! Love the cover!

Here's my WoW

Have a GREAT day!!

Old Follower :)

Khadija wrote: August 3, 2011 at 2:07 PM

I can't wait for this one either! It sounds really different (which I love). The whole idea really has me intrigued ^-^

mendy wrote: August 3, 2011 at 9:13 PM

Ooh I can't wait for this book too. It's a freaking retell of Cinderella as a robot. How awesome is that!

My WoW

SEPTEMBER

MEGAN SHULL *The Swap*
Rakestraw Books in Danville
Tuesday, September 23 @ 10am

JANDY NELSON and NINA LACOUR
Tuesday, September 23 @ 7pm

JANDY NELSON, NINA LaCOUR and STEPHANIE KUEHN

SARA FARIZAN
Books Inc. on Market St.

JAMES FREY with John Hanke, VP of Google's Niantic Lab
Saturday, October 11 @ 6pm

BECCA FITZPATRICK, CHRISTINA LAUREN & KIERSTEN WHITE

FIERCE READS TOUR with GENNIFER ALBIN, NIKKI KELLY, JESSICA BRODY and MARISSA MEYER
Monday, October 13 @ 6:30pm

PAOLO BACIGALUPI and A.S. KING
Bookshop Santa Cruz in Santa Cruz

MICHELLE GAGNON with Cara Black, Juliet Blackwell and Susan C. Shea
Borderlands Books in SF
Saturday, October 18 @7:15-8:15pm

KENDARE BLAKE
Saturday, October 25 @ 4-5:30pm
(it is appreciated if you RSVP in advance so they can provide seats and plan for aromatherapy supplies!)

GIVEAWAY'S