Oct 4 2011 7:00 pm
ATTENTION TEENS ANDTWEENS!
Two of America’s hottestYoung Adult authors will be visiting A Great Good Place for Books!

A Great Good Place forBooks proudly welcomes Stephanie Perkins and Maureen Johnson, as they read fromtheir new books, LOLA AND THE BOY NEXTDOOR and NAME OF THE STAR on Tuesday,October 4th at 7:00 p.m.

LOLA AND THE BOYNEXTDOOR

In this companion novel(Lola and the Boy Next Door) to Anna and the French Kiss, two teens discoverthat true love may be closer than they think

For budding costumedesigner Lola Nolan, the more outrageous, the outfit - more sparkly, more fun,more wild - the better. But even though Lola's style is outrageous, she's adevoted daughter and friend with some big plans for the future. And everythingis pretty perfect (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the dreadedBell twins move back into the house next door.

When the family returnsand Cricket - a gifted inventor and engineer - steps out from his twin sister'sshadow and back into Lola's life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime offeelings for the boy next door.

NAME OF THESTAR

The day Louisianateenager Rory Deveaux arrives in London marks a memorable occasion. For Rory,it's the start of a new life at a London boarding school. But for many, thiswill be remembered as the day a series of brutal murders broke out across thecity, gruesome crimes mimicking the horrific Jack the Ripper events of more thana century ago.

Soon "Rippermania" takeshold of modern-day London, and the police are left with few leads and nowitnesses. Except one. Rory spotted the man police believe to be the primesuspect. But she is the only one who saw him. Even her roommate, who was walkingwith her at the time, didn't notice the mysterious man. So why can only Rory seehim? And more urgently, why has Rory become his next target? In thisedge-of-your-seat thriller, full of suspense, humor, and romance, Rory willlearn the truth about the secret ghost police of London and discover her ownshocking abilities.

About theAuthor
Maureen Johnson (http://www.maureenjohnsonbooks.com/) isthe author of seven young adult novels, including the New York Times bestsellingLet It Snow. She lives in New York City.

Location:
Street: 6120 LaSalle Avenue
City: Oakland, CA

2 comments on "Bay Area Author Event: Maureen Johnson and Stephanie Perkins"

Lisa wrote: October 3, 2011 at 1:02 PM

I get to meet both of these authors tonight in Petaluma! I'm so excited!

Little Miss Becky : ) wrote: October 3, 2011 at 10:18 PM

I'll be at their signing on the 5th in San Fran---very excited to meet them both and get my hands on Lola and Name of the Star! I've been resisting buying them until the event!

JANDY NELSON, NINA LaCOUR and STEPHANIE KUEHN

SARA FARIZAN
Books Inc. on Market St.

JAMES FREY with John Hanke, VP of Google's Niantic Lab
Saturday, October 11 @ 6pm

BECCA FITZPATRICK, CHRISTINA LAUREN & KIERSTEN WHITE

LITQUAKE: Why YA is good for the Mind, Body and Soul with Lana Adlwan, Hannah Jayne, Tim J Myers, Jandy Nelson and Mitali Perkins
Hotel Rex in San Francisco
Sunday, October 12 @ 3:30

FIERCE READS TOUR with GENNIFER ALBIN, NIKKI KELLY, JESSICA BRODY and MARISSA MEYER
Monday, October 13 @ 6:30pm

PAOLO BACIGALUPI and A.S. KING
Bookshop Santa Cruz in Santa Cruz

MICHELLE GAGNON with Cara Black, Juliet Blackwell and Susan C. Shea
Borderlands Books in SF
Saturday, October 18 @7:15-8:15pm

KENDARE BLAKE
Saturday, October 25 @ 4-5:30pm
(it is appreciated if you RSVP in advance so they can provide seats and plan for aromatherapy supplies!)